here I come! Found a SW butcher!

joshtbh

After only ever having about 2 red days in 2-3 months of being on SW, I can finally start eating syn free meat on red days!!!

I found a local butcher in Stoke on Trent (Allan Jones in Fenton if anyone's local!) who does:

Syn free pork sausages
Syn free pork and apple sausages
Syn free pork and leek sausages
Syn free spicy pork sausages
Syn free garlic pork sausages
Syn free pork and apple burgers
0.5 syn steak burgers!

I'm so excited! Got Sainsbury's bacon medallions and pork sausages cooking for a syn free brunch now!

I may have imagined it but on the red days I did have (massive bbqs in June) I think I lost more weight than usual on those days!

Oh word, I am envious!
Does he send by post? lol

Oh word, I am envious!
Does he send by post? lol

haha I know! I doubt he does mail order tbh, but I did say to him I bet you're like a local celebrity aren't you?! He said "It's like a job in itsself put it that way"!!!

So far put them under the grill and they look very dry!!! (must be as there's no fat)

So far put them under the grill and they look very dry!!! (must be as there's no fat)

I noticed the same thing with the Joe's sausages. I just cook them for slightly less time than I would normally cook sausages for.

How did they taste in the end?

they tasted great thanks for asking!

Tasted very "meaty" with out fatty taste at all and very filling, highly recommended! It was crying out for a portion of baked beans to go with it though :(

looking forward to the garlic sausages I also bought and the 1/2 syn burgers tonight!

We have a butcher at the market who has slimming world approved sausages and burgers, I've only tried a couple of the varieties of sausages up to now but they are really nice, much better than the low fat supermarket ones.
Its a shame there aren't more of them about who do this, I would try Joes but I can't afford it as you have to order a lot each time.

We have a butcher at the market who has slimming world approved sausages and burgers, I've only tried a couple of the varieties of sausages up to now but they are really nice, much better than the low fat supermarket ones.
Its a shame there aren't more of them about who do this, I would try Joes but I can't afford it as you have to order a lot each time.

what part of the country are you in hun? im after some near me but closest i can find is 50 mile away xx

These sw butchers seem to be popping up everywhere!
we even have 2 in Norwich that do sw friendly sossies!

I am JEALOUS !!!! Next time I am over I am bringing some back in my suitcase !!!!

My local chinese has a slimming world sticker in the window... unfortunately it's just an advert for the meetings and not syn free take away! :(

If only!!!! :)

Back