Here I go AGAIN lol!

Glad you had a lovely time at the pub. It is so nice not to panic when we are invited out. On CD I had to make excuses and just didn't bother going out as couldn't be arsed to explain myself

hi aly,

when I did LL, friends poo pooed my abstinence, I was so into it first time, I think we all are! you are so focused, I used to take my swiss bouillon stock to the pub and ask for some boiling water to make a soup and always asked for a bowl, then I had a bar, a pint of soda water with the LL st clements flavouring, I was sorted! It wasnt hard watching everybody eating food until I was almost at goal, then I wasnt satisfied, my tum used to grumble like mad, my LLC used to say it was because my body realised it was at a healthy bmi and it was then time to start maintenance.

Friends then still used to moan by telling me how gaunt I looked!

c'est la vie!

here's onwards and downwards for us all

sue xx

well, I gave in and weighed myself today 2 days before official weigh in and I am happy to report a loss of 5lbs so far, any loss gives you such a positive high!

b - sero breakfast bar, coffee n cream

Well done hun. I lost 4lbs this week. I'm getting weighed at my mums once a week now. Last Friday 11st 12, this week 11st 8lbs....half the time I did CD, so I've put the loss down as CD loss, but most of this week I've been doing Atkins. I must admit at 11 stone, people say I'm very slim, so I think another 8lbs will do it for me now. What are we like. When I first set out I wanted to be 11st 10, but we are never satisfied are we!!

I know just how you feel shaz, when I finished LL my goal was 8.10, I got to 8.12 I loved it, but I know I had become very very gaunt in the face, nobody but nobody was happy about me being that weight, my OH and my daughters, BUT I WAS!, but alas I maintained it for about 6 months, then my 5 week holiday was the start of the downhill slippery slope, I put on 6lbs, then when I got back, I didnt take stock straight away and slowly another 6lb went on.

I have had to understand that because of my Insulin resistance the future will see my eating high protein and low carb diet always, I have proved to myself by allowing eating bread, pasta, cereals, wheat, potatoes and of course chocolate any weight gain immediately settles around my abdomen, basically lays to fat around my major organs. Now that is not to say that once I get to 9st again, I wont be able to have those above in very very special occasions, its about the learning curve, that this diet regime is for life for me medically.
oh gosh, sorry for the essay.

sue xx

why is it that the 2nd week is disappointing and the 3rd is inspirational again?, still as long as it goes down! xx

good morning on this sunny day, well still enjoying my meals but have to admit I was really bad with water yesterday, only 1 litre!, will make it up today, I dont think I will lose anymore than the 5lbs with weigh in tomorrow!

sue xxx

damn it, not been good with water again!

Priority for week 2 WILL be sufficient water drinking!

bunch - egg & bacon, coffee n cream
late dinner - roast lamb, cauli, broccoli & mashed celeriac with butter
1 glass dry white wine soda

sue xx

lol, you're right hun, Ive decided to go out with girls tonight, so I'll drive, at least I can drink some more water, ho you been doing these last couple of days, you might be surprised for your weigh in on tuesday!

sue xxx

Good morning ladies !

Well I've lost 5lbs, I'm very happy about, I'm sure it would,ve been 7lbs had i DRANK more WATER!, lesson learnt.

good luck everybody

sue xx

thankyou cheryl,

you are a real inspiration on maintaining for over 3 years, I wish my body would settle where I was happy, I know that a stone over was not too bad, I've learnt a lot about my body so hopefully when I'm back to where I'm happy I will be able to control it somewhat this time.

sue xx

Well done 5lbs is fab....especially when you think we are eating:D:D:D

Hi Sue

Well done on the 5lbs.

I have been following some of the low carb threads as I have eaten this way it the past. On CD(umpteenth restart) at the moment and so far so good but knowing me goodness knows how long it will last.

I've never been formally diagnosed with insulin resistance but I know that I am very sensitive to carbs and I am a true apple shape so it seems likely.

I'll be interested to see how you get on.

Jac

hi jac,

if you have, I would go to your doctor and have a blood test, you will probably also have high cholestrol as well, I was put on tablets called metformin which helped keep things in check until I lost the 3 stones last year, I now dont take them, but as you'e probably read Ive put on a stone and all due to the fact I shouldve eaten a low carb diet, it is the only way for me not bulk round the middle again.

Good luck hun xx

good luck to you tomorrow hun xxxxx

You wlll hun, If I can then anybody can,

good luck, cant wait to hear how things go, shout if you need any help.

sue xx

well I've had a strange concoction for dinner tonight!, but it was sooo tasty ( a bit worried about my taste buds:D)

bkfast - sero breakfast bar
lunch - 2 soft boiled eggs with asparagus wrapped in bacon
dinner - fried basa fillet in butter lemon, 2 stuffed mushrooms
with pancetta and brie, 2 small sliced cherry toms and 6
snow pea pods.

snacks s/f jelly x twice!

do you think I've overdone it today!!!

sue xx

I MUST DRINK MORE WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back