Here I go again...

Sheanin

I've rejoined SW (and Minimins!) over a year after my last weightloss journey.

I was around last year as Eshka; I joined SW in July '11 and lost 11.5lbs in one month, only to then discover I was pregnant with my little boy :) He was born in April this year and, although I was lucky not to gain *too* much as a result of the pregnancy, I'm back again to get this weight off for good.

I'm starting pretty much from the same place as before - 11st8lbs with around 2.5 stone to lose in total. My first group was on Thursday and I got stuck into the plan properly on Friday. Naturally enough, as usually happens with the first few days, it's plain sailing so far. There are some differences, though.

I decided to examine what mistakes I made last time that would be detrimental to my long-term weightloss, e.g. my tendency to do too much too soon then fizzle out, and make a bold effort to avoid those mistakes this time. I'd have quite a few syn-free days, which is no bad thing as I was filling up on free foods, but I did find that after a few weeks I felt deprived and as a result my weightloss slowed down. So, this time, I'll be having at least two days a week where I use my full 15 syns (as healthily as possible, but with the odd indulgence because there's no harm in it - something I need to learn!).

I'm also setting myself little mini-challenges that have nothing to do with my weightloss, things like trying new foods that I refused to touch before, as well as building in small periods of extra exercise that I find easy (I normally do ZERO exercise). So, since group, I have parked my car OUTSIDE town and walked in to get my groceries (and carried the rather heavy bags back to my car, lol) and in terms of trying new things, I tackled my phobia of eggs and gave fried eggs with Fry-lite a try. Turns out I LOVED them, and now I have a new healthy breakfast option that doesn't use up one of my healthy extras for the day :)

Today, even though it is absolutely pouring outside, I'm challenging myself to go out for a short walk of about 20 mins. It's too easy to let weather put me off and I can't stop losing weight just because the weather sucks, lol.

I'm also dying to weigh myself today just to see if there's the teensiest difference in the scales, but I won't. Silly, stupid idea.

I'm really into the cooking side of SW - I've actually taken over the household cooking from my boyfriend (who's a bloody chef, lol) to try and make everyone's meals a bit healthier and also so I'm not having to eat seperately from everyone else. I used to cook lots and it's nice to get back into it again; it's really gratifying to know you've prepared and cooked a tasty meal from scratch and know exactly what's in it.

That'll do for now I guess, just need to remember to come back and update this thing once in a while!

Thanks! Think the key for me this time is to take it slowly :)

Very pleased with myself today...just achieved my first body magic target for this week of 45 mins exercise, and group isn't til Thursday!

Also being conscientious of my syns, not as in eating too many but actually eating too few. Spent a few extra today on some cheese for my baked potato which I had with synfree bolognese and herb salad. My first two days were practically synfree and I can't let that happen every day or I'll fall off the bandwagon, past experience taught me that. Mostly I'll be spending my syns on healthy options but I'm definitely allowing myself a couple of wee indulgences each week regardless of what the scales say!

Definitely - last time I was on plan my losses really slowed after a week or two and I know its because I wasnt using my syns. I was eating healthily but by no means enough- big mistake Ive always made when losing weight. This time is different!

Yesterday and today, I have used almost all my syns and I keep getting little pangs of guilt. They have gone on healthy sensible choices, with maybe 2 or 3 for my hot chocolate treat in the evening, but I am really struggling to shut up the little voice in my head urging me to aim for synfree. Logically I know that synfree days are fine during a flexible syn period, eg when you've splurged loads or are saving them for something - but ALWAYS when I start trying to lose weight I have trouble with that desire to shed it superfast. Hopefully weigh in on Thurs will prove to me that it really is ok to take advantage of the syns (wisely!).

Despite the guilt, I have to admit I feel fuller and much more satisfied than I ever have during weightloss. I don't feel deprived whatsoever; it's actually a bit of a shock.

Guilt can kiss it - realistically, looking at my food diary, I'm doing amazingly well in a healthy way. The change to my diet is astronomical and I already feel the benefits. From bread/fatty/sugary/cheese-mothered munch monster to energetic, full of beans and actually ENJOYING all my superfree foods and developing new healthier favourite foods. I'm actually pretty proud...and I'll be even prouder when I can say I've lost my first, and then second stone :)

Today is another Body Magic day! Need to fit in 20 mins of exercise so will go out for a brisk walk at some point. Could go out now but havent eaten enough yet (munching on grapes, already had an apple and will soon have some muesli with fat free yoghurt) and I dont want to end up all light headed and weak.

I've also been thinking about setting myself some exercise related mini-goals, such as trying to do a small amount of core exercises to strengthen it up and hopefully reveal a less flabby tummy as the weight comes off. Going to think about fitting this in on my non body magic days as a little extra. I have real issues with my belly and thighs - having 3 kids has really taken its toll - and while losing the weight helps, it won't tone them so I need to do some extra work to be happy with those!

Woohoo! Walk done and I pushed it to 30 mins, now sweating like a pig but I'm not out of breath which is a good sign. Really enjoyed that as I took my iPod with me this time - I walk further and enjoy it a million times better with some music. Felt so much more like my old self, before I had kids, when I used to walk TONS with my headphones in.

All in all, a great start to today. Now to make some lunch once I've rested a bit, do some housework and plan dinner.

Pat on the back for me!

Woohoo! Walk done and I pushed it to 30 mins, now sweating like a pig but I'm not out of breath which is a good sign. Really enjoyed that as I took my iPod with me this time - I walk further and enjoy it a million times better with some music. Felt so much more like my old self, before I had kids, when I used to walk TONS with my headphones in.

All in all, a great start to today. Now to make some lunch once I've rested a bit, do some housework and plan dinner.

Pat on the back for me!

Well done... your taking the right approach. I'm in the same boat as you, I've a 6 week old baby and almost 2 stone to shed. I started back at SW and so far this week has been good. If I'm syn free for a few days then I'll take a curly wurly as my treat in the evening with a cup of tea or coffee (it's only 6 syns)

Brenda

I had a sneaky peek at my weight before tomorrow's WI, I know its really bad but I got new scales and couldn't resist. Hopped on them last night but knew not to take the reading as I'd just had my dinner an hour before...so decided to pop on this morning when I got up and use that as my estimate. I'll wait until tomorrow to reveal the result but OH MY GOD!!!!

I think I'm in for a pretty big loss, BUT I know I was carrying quite a bit of water so it's basically that which has come off - totm started for me on Monday and I usually do drop a good bit once it kicks off. When it's on it's way I can usually gain a disgusting amount of fluid, lol.

What I can't get over is that if so much has come off, it has done so even though I've been doing this to a t. By that I mean eating plenty of all the right stuff, no cutting corners, no hunger and of course a few treats. Most days I've used almost all my syns! Just goes to show that cheating by eating as little as possible is the fool's way (but what I did for YEARS right up until last week when I rejoined).

Big day today so I won't have much time to think about food until later ( hospital appt with daughter this morning), but going to be as good as I possibly can, keep doing what I've been doing and go get the Big First Result tomorrow. Looking forward to the end of the month so I can see how well I do over more than a week - I'm already certain next week may be a STS or small loss as this week looks set to be big, but that's ok. I'll just keep going and going and going...I really think I'm gonna do it this time!

Few days since I last posted...WI was good, down 5.5lbs officially! However weekend descended into a minefield of generally feeling crap and wanting to eat loads (which I did not do).

Onwards to this week and while I am really stressed over a few things, I instead tackled it this morning with a huuuuuuge walk which I just got back from - 45mins AND I walked way further than usual as it was easier somehow :) That leaves me with just 15 mins to hit my silver body magic target for this week - I'm halfway to those awards!!

I had put off exercise all weekend due to feeling ****, but note to future reading self: putting it off did not help - getting OUT and blowing the cobwebs off helped tons!!

Now for a nice cup of tea, a hot shower and a spot of lunch before the schoolrun.

Might have had a crap few days, but I didn't let it invade my eating! WOOHOO!

Oooooh...had a peek on the scales this morning and I'm feeling hopeful for Thursday! They show lighter than group ones (around 3lbs) but they're telling me I'm 10st 11...which would leave the group ones saying 11st or 11st 0.5lbs...which would mean HALF STONE AWARD!!! Oh come on, please let it happen - I'd be perfectly on track for my goal of a stone in my first month (no pressure, if I do it I do it, if not it'll be mid-Nov and that's ok too!).

Few days since I last posted...WI was good, down 5.5lbs officially! However weekend descended into a minefield of generally feeling crap and wanting to eat loads (which I did not do).

Onwards to this week and while I am really stressed over a few things, I instead tackled it this morning with a huuuuuuge walk which I just got back from - 45mins AND I walked way further than usual as it was easier somehow :) That leaves me with just 15 mins to hit my silver body magic target for this week - I'm halfway to those awards!!

I had put off exercise all weekend due to feeling ****, but note to future reading self: putting it off did not help - getting OUT and blowing the cobwebs off helped tons!!

Now for a nice cup of tea, a hot shower and a spot of lunch before the schoolrun.

Might have had a crap few days, but I didn't let it invade my eating! WOOHOO!

Wow, that's a brilliant loss!!! you must be delighted :D

I am thanks - but this is just the beginning:)

I'm doing a lot of yapping today about being nervous for tomorrow's WI - so I'm vowing to myself that this entry is the last of it! What will be will bloody well be, so I need to quit obsessing.

Still cracking on at 100% so far, no bad days, kept up with my body magic, had the odd treat and some seriously tasty meals. Praying to reach my first half stone award tomorrow so I can carry on and focus on that first stone award, followed by my club 10 2lbs after that.

Just dealing with the reality that because I don't really have a huge amount to lose, I'm going to have more small losses/ probably even STS than others. I'd say that within the next few weeks I'll be settling into a pattern of 1lb/0.5lb a week...and really, that IS ok. It means I'll be waiting much longer to reach goal, but the chances of getting there and staying there will be vastly increased. That's got to be worth the wait. I CAN and WILL do this. I'm not giving up, I'm not dropping out (even if I have the worst of all the bad days in the history of SW), I will keep going until someday those fecking scales tell me I'm 9 stone, and even then I'll carry on in exactly the same way to maintain. It's about time this battle I have with food came to an end; it has plagued my teen years, my 20s and I will not let it creep into my 30s. I can't even imagine what it's like not to have weight issues - it'd be nice to find out!

Today proved all my nerves wrong BIGTIME!

4lbs off bringing me to 10st 12.5lbs, a total loss so far of 9.5lbs, my half stone award and slimmer of the week!

So so happy despite having the worst wind ever (pardon me lol). Another 4.5lbs til I get my stone award which I'm aiming for by the end of the month, then 2lbs after that I'll have my Club 10 and will no longer be considered overweight. Two awards worth really working for!

Today proved all my nerves wrong BIGTIME!

4lbs off bringing me to 10st 12.5lbs, a total loss so far of 9.5lbs, my half stone award and slimmer of the week!

So so happy despite having the worst wind ever (pardon me lol). Another 4.5lbs til I get my stone award which I'm aiming for by the end of the month, then 2lbs after that I'll have my Club 10 and will no longer be considered overweight. Two awards worth really working for!

Wow that's another brilliant loss this week... well done:clap:

Back