Here I go again! :)

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
Joined SW this morning. Had been doing it from home for a couple of days and thought I should sign up and play the game properly. The scales were extremely rude to me
But perhaps not unexpectedly so. I had to laugh. The first time I joined SW I was exactly 3 stone lighter than I am now! However, I really didn't need to join in those days (was a 20 year old with a BMI of 22, and I thought I needed a slimming group?!). So that is my target weight. However my first target is......
To stay at SW until I lose a stone however long that takes. Am so so guilty of giving up after a few weeks.

Liking the look of the SW ready meals from Iceland!

Won't be going back to the group I joined today as not only is it quite far from me but the consultant made me feel like a real pain for even joining as she was so busy, there was no new members talk for me or anything, just a 'think you know what you're doing?' as she handed me a pack and waved me on to be weighed. Still, I wanted to join today as once I decide to do something I have to do it NOW!

Off now for a browse around the site. And maybe a snooze (not the most dynamic of beginnings but my toddler was up most of the night chatting to her musical peppa pig). I'm a big fan of peppa but to be honest I could do without being encouraged to 'jump in muddy puddles! ' at 3am.

Just had a bachelors pasta and sauce cheese and broccoli, went to fill it in on online tracker and apparently is now free again? Thought they went up to 1/2 a synthetic. Oh well..... The ongoing mystery that is SW!

Lol *syn. Although with that particular food stuff synthetic is probably the right word!

Been doing well all week. Only blip was Saturday evening. I had been baking with the kids in the morning, then travelled to visit relatives. Didn't eat a single cake and stuck to sw principles for tea then travelled home later on halo still intact. Then on getting home my five year old had the mother of all tantrums and as a reaction to the stress of this I attacked the biscuit tin. Didn't syn it as was homemade stuff not intended to be eaten by me but if we say three slices of flapjack and a rock bun bit the dust we wouldn't be far off!
Have been doing some experimenting with SW meals and can report that the chicken and celeriac soup from the website is okayish but the syn free cauliflower curry recipe I got off here is yummy! Going to have some more on a jacket potato in a minute. Also have some diet coke chicken in slow cooker for tonight.

Off to meet my best friend's brand new baby in a bit- so excited!

3.5 off today at weigh in. I'm really pleased with that. It's the most I've ever lost on a first week, but then I'm the heaviest I've ever started so it makes sense.
I'm really pleased, my husband has joined with me this morning. He has ten stone to lose so we're both in this for the long haul!

New soup-maker has arrived and I love it! Only thing I'm a bit worried about - does potato in soup have to be synned? I'm pretty sure it doesn't but soup does make it easy to consume potato and I know cooked fruit has to be. Anyway, leek and potato was a success so have a curried parsnip concoction bubbling away now. Also have jacket potatoes in the slow cooker. I christen today 'kitchen gadget Thursday'. Now, where did I put my Phillips air fryer?.....

A bit of a glum moment today. Needed a new pair of black trousers as the ones I have have been too tight for, well about a year really but as I only wear them for work and my tunic covers them it hasn't mattered. But I need a pair to wear to a funeral so have reluctantly had to buy a size bigger, which doesn't seem like a big thing but when you're trying to lose weight and want to be buying clothes a size smaller it's a bit depressing. First item of clothing I've ever bought in this size which probably just goes to show my level of denial.

Anyway, am sticking to plan and trying to do a bit of exercise. Am also mainlining soup like it's going out of fashion!

Am trying to get into the habit of making batches of soup then portioning them into mugs and putting in the fridge- then before each meal I'm heating one up and having it as a starter. Am hoping this will increase my intake of superfree (is this called speed food now) and reduce amount of stuff like pasta that I eat naturally without me having to feel deprived.

Am just going to indulge in a poor me moment....
Feel bloated, back aches (am guessing totm is not far away) have got a cold, had quite a disturbed night on call and have a hyperactive toddler who doesn't seem to understand my need for a duvet day. Also have two more night shifts before having to make a five hour drive to go to my sisters funeral later this week. What else? Oh yeah, the rabbit keeps chewing the walls and the washing up needs doing.

On the up side my daughter is scribbling all over the barclay card bill with a permanent marker so I can no longer see the total :)

Hey - love your what your daughter is doing to the barclaycard bill :)

Well done on your progress so far xxx

Thanks RED. Another weigh in this morning and another 2.5 off. happy with that. My OH has lost 8.5lbs in his first week - I think we have a convert :)

So will just do the same this week as last week. Only hurdles will be a meal out with family, a night in a hotel and the funeral the next day - but I have just stocked up with mug shots which I can make in a hotel room. If I take loads of fruit too I should be ok. Because its a family get together for a sad reason its not a celebration, therefore I don't anticipate much pressure on the food front, nobody forces vol au vents on you at a wake!

I have burnt the bottom of my soup maker and it's proving very difficult to clean. OH is trying hard not to giggle at me (he's of the pan and stick blender side of the tracks). I am maintaining a dignified silence on the subject (oh alright I'm sulking). Any tips for getting it sparkling again would be appreciated!.

God, look at me, asking for tips on cleaning a soup maker. I would like to clarify now that I'm 33, not 143 years old. I'll be writing in to the peoples friend asking for tips on freshening net curtains soon.

Hmmmm, the cold that was threatening has now reached the the drippy, tickly, coughy stage. Am glad I cancelled my work shift tonight, I just need some rest!
Been eating sw convenience foods today- too tired and achy to operate anything other than the microwave. have to say deli box pasta, really not all it's cracked up to be! Feel like I'd allow myself to go way over syns today, except I can't taste anything so there's really no point! Might as well have a nectarine as a chocolate muffin.

Mmmm. Chocolate muffin.....

Aww hugs. I've been eating oranges every day and so far have managed to avoid the cold. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

It occurred to me today that we always think it goes on quicker than it comes off (weight that is!) but I don't think that's actually true and it might affect my feelings about rate of weight loss. If I lose 1-2 pounds a week I feel it's very slow, but if I were to put that much on a week consistently I'd think it was 'piling' on at a rate of knots- after all that would be between 4 and 8 stone a year!

Just a thought. Maybe it's time to be satisfied with slow and steady- as actually it's not that slow!

Feeling rubbish today- all angry and like binging. Have managed just to have two 'dreamy' bars (Aldi version of milky way type things) so just 10 syns so far. I have made muffins for the kids and I was so close to just grabbing one, but it would have been angry chomping rather than enjoying a treat and that, after all, is a form of self-harm. Have got out for an hour or so with the kids to a play-barn and have taken a thermos of homemade soup. I will overcome this!!

So it's weigh in this morning, and after a weekend of crap food I'm expecting a gain. Which is fine as long as I react in the right way- last time I did SW and had a gain I quit thinking 'this will never work'.
I am dedicating 12 weeks to give this a fair go before trying something else and today is weigh in 3. So suck it up soldier, take the gain and carry on!

Half on. I'll take that and run as it's thoroughly deserved. Breakfast of chopped fruit and yoghurt and curried vegetable soup for lunch. Jacket potatoes in the slow cooker to have with tuna later. Keeping it simple today. Am going on holiday in Thursday down to Cornwall for a week and have been looking up local groups. My OH thinks I'm a bit of a nut for doing it but I'm really worries otherwise I'll have a 'sod it' attitude to food. I don't need to, as the best food down there is the fresh seafood which is free - so really going to try and stay on plan. This time next week may well see me weighing in at Liskeard! (hope the scales aren't calibrated differently!)

Am trying to get into the habit of making batches of soup then portioning them into mugs and putting in the fridge- then before each meal I'm heating one up and having it as a starter. Am hoping this will increase my intake of superfree (is this called speed food now) and reduce amount of stuff like pasta that I eat naturally without me having to feel deprived.

That is such a great idea! This is something I might have to steal for myself as sometimes when I get home from work, if traffic has been particularly bad and I have been delayed I get home really hungry and start snacking on naughty stuff instead of waiting for dinner!

Tried the microwave 1 minute 1 syn cake today- not too bad! I mean, Mr Kipling is never going to feel threatened but.....

Back