Here I go...

I'm new to the forum and am sick of being overweight! It's been a problem for all of my adult life and is just getting worse and worse. I had bulimia a few years ago so feel proud of myself that I've stopped it.

I feel so stupid as I am an intelligent person who know about nutrition etc but why can't I just deal with it?! I'm tired of seeing lovely clothes that I can't wear in my wardrobe, sick of dressing to hide my stomach and sick of people telling me I have a beautiful face (implying that my body isn't-they think it's a compliment but it's a real backhanded insult)!

I saw my doctor today and she put me on Orlistat. She weighed me but I told her not to tell me how much-I know that it would depress me.

So, I'm excited about starting this tomorrow but very scared about pooping myself everywhere. Sorry to be so graphic. If I keep to very low fat in food, I hope this doesn't happen. Anyway, hi to all of you, and please keep your fingers crossed for me that I will kick this problem for once and for all! :)

Welcome to the new you and wishing you all the very best on your new way of life. :D

l know how you feel hun good luck with diet you shall be wearing those beautiful clothes in no time;)

Honestly, you're replies have almost made me cry. Thanks so much for your support, it really means a lot. Of course, I send you all good wishes back and hope you all have great success. It's so good knowing that there are so many people in the same boat to share with.

I'm determind that I'll be able to do this. I'll be very careful with Orlistat at first and buy low fat ready meals (I know that they aren't nutritionally great) to get used to eating a different way. At least I'll be able to drink wine and eat low fat desserts!

What does everyone think about those height/weight charts? My doctor told me they're rubbish. At my slimest (not skinny but about a size 12 which is fine for me) I was about 10 stone and looked ace. The chart says that for my height, I should be from 7st 2- 8st 12!!! I would look ill if I was this weight. I asked my doctor to hide my weight from me. I think it will be better for me to judge weight loss on how my clothes fit & how I look. Worrying about numbers will panic me and I don't want to go back to throwing up!

First day tomorrow-am excited and nervous! :eek:

I feel so stupid as I am an intelligent person who know about nutrition etc but why can't I just deal with it?!

I SO GET WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!!!
I know all the theory, every diet almost, inside out... but I still haven't managed to do it yet..

We will, when the time is right. I know it :D

Those height charts, I agree, aren't 100% accurate... I'm meant to be 8 stone I think. I think my bra holds about 6 at the moment haha!

Rosebud, I think you have a really good healthy attitude going into this new eating plan. I honestly believe once you have that mind step you have tackled the biggest hurdle.

I have got down to 10.10 before which is my target now. I think in the "ideal" world I should be about 9.7 -10. But I know I look good at 10.10 and I am between a large 12, small 14. Also its something I should be able to maintain without loosing out on many things. Sod the charts;)

Good luck for today. :)

Good luck with the tabs hunny :) let us know how you do.

Also i agree with the whole chart thing. For my height i need to lose 10st 7 lbs! Personally i think id disappear. Will have to see how i look and feel as the weight comes off. (cant wait to get weighed at docs in a years time or so and for him to tell me im overweight, ill be ecstatic lol!)

First day on Orlistat seems ok- no mishaps! Have eaten really well (with hardly any fat) and don't feel deprived at all. I'm going to do it girls! Hope everyone else is going good too! :)

Hi Rosebud are you following WW as well as taking the tabs

Good luck!! :) Hope it works for you!

Hi Starlight
I'm taking the tablets but not following a specific plan. I'm using common sense and following a very low fat diet but avoiding too much sugar & food high in carbs at night. I had a tiny little cake today at my neighbour's house but it was actually very low in fat!

Going good. I don't feel deprived. I ALREADY realise how much I snacked and ate without even realising out of boredom etc. I'm really going to do it this time. I feel that things have finally 'clicked' in my brain. I'm lucky to have a very supportive doctor and to have found this amazing forum. I'm very grateful to all you guys out there, it's very motivating! :)

if you eat very low fat orlistat wont have much effect just so you know, so dont get too disappointed.

Hi everyone. I'm on day 4 of Orlistat & feel amazing. I'm eating low fat and feel amazing. I can see that I've lost weight already (especially on my face) and have had no side effects.

The neon orange bathroom experience is interesting though so at least it shows it's working. I ate loads of beetroot last night and nearly passed out when I went to the loo!!! Neon orange and purple pee! :eek:

the neon orange is a side effect of the orlistat, been there! lol

Well done Rosebud. I had a nasty experience with the orange stuff when taking orlistat but if you stick to the low fat foods it should not happen. Must admit I'm doing better off the tabs than on, but I hope they work for you.

Back