Here we go!

NoodleDee

Hello everyone! Joined SW about 4 weeks ago (for the 2nd time) and I've lost half a stone so far so i guess it's going ok.... I'm struggling with the fact I've never been as big as I am now and also just coming up to my 53rd birthday, as a women, there are other changes in my body that I'm coming to terms with too. Sometimes it's really hard to stay motivated :( but I see and read other people's success stories and it really helps. It will be great to have some support and to give some back too. Looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing our journeys and experiences :)
Noodle xx

Welcome to Minis!! This is a very friendly place, with lots of lovely people who are always happy to provide help and support. I have made some lovely friends over the years.

I recommend starting a diary. You can use however you want, and other people can post in it to provide help, or just chat.

Good luck with your journey :)

You're welcome. I know what you mean about photos. I avoid being in any at all costs. I'm much happier being the one taking the photos.

Being positive can be so hard, but it's good to hear you are feeling good. My journey has been up and down, but I am finally at a stage where I am starting fresh....again!! My diary is full of my ups and downs, but I am still plodding along :)

All sorts of things can influence how strong you feel can't they? I'm just going to keep plodding on, not make it feel like too much of a regime, and try not to beat myself up if I have a bad week. This needs to be something I can continue in a likeable and practical way as I've only got to glance at food these days and on goes that weight! I've just started a diary now. Probably won't be very interesting to anybody else though but at the very least it'll be a distraction for me!

Your diary is for you, for as long as you want to keep using it :) Losing weight is one of the most difficult things to do. It's not as if we can just stop eating. Good luck, and there is loads of threads in the Slimming World section, including 1000s of recipes. It's a brilliant resource.

Absolutely, although food had caused me so much angst over the passed few years, not just from a weight loss point of view, that I really do wish i could just see it purely as fuel for my body, as of course thats all it really is, at grass roots level. Thanks for the pointers. I'll have a nosey around and maybe check in with you here and there, see how we're both holding up!

Back