Here's to a lighter me

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by jc1976, 1 November 2010 Social URL.

1. jc1976

jc1976 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(9.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys, been on the ww forum before a while ago, but you all know how the story goes. Anyway my SIL and sister are currently doing great on LL so i thought what have i got to lose? except £70 a week :( (and for a poor student thats a lot). I'm a bit nervous as ive never tried anything like this before, but think it might just be the thing i need, to take food out the equation. My first class is tomorrow night so i know this is going to be a very tough week ahead for me. so i look forward to hearing from you all and hopefully we can help each other through all the hard times.

Last edited: 1 November 2010
    Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. yoyo-ohno

yoyo-ohno Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.78%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Good Luck Jo :D
    You might find you breeze through the first week ... fingers crossed for ya ;)
    yoyo
    xx

Mini likes this.
  4. muppetgirly

muppetgirly Loser!

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8.74%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Lite
    Good luck x

5. River

River Ready for the new me!

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.84%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Good luck Jo and welcome :D. My only advice for the first week is to keep positive, you can do it and it is possible however hard it seems! So when in doubt, think of the the joy when you see those pounds flying off and the great feeling youll get when you reach your goal!

6. jc1976

jc1976 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(9.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your messages of support guys, i'll let you all know how tomorrow night goes, think i'll go a bit crazy in the food department tomorrow though as it'll be my last day for a while x

7. Kim26

Kim26 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck Joanne, you'll do fine! Stay positive and just keep focussed on that first weigh in - trust me it makes it all worth it! :)

8. MagdaX

MagdaX is Magdalicious

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(19.26%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life/ Exante
    Good luck Hun.
    First week is a ***** but after that it really is easy. And seeing the results week after week makes it all worth while.
    LL is the best thing I've ever done.
    It's life changing!! :)

9. Spanglymum

Spanglymum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    107.27kg
    Current Weight:
    101.83kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.85kg
    Lost(%):
    5.4kg(5.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck, Joanne, and welcome! Stay positive and focused and after the first few days the time will start to fly by - honest!

10. jc1976

jc1976 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(9.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for all your words of encouragement. Day 1 starts today, thing is though im nightshift tonight so really need to hang off for a while before i have my first shake, ive been dreaming about starting this diet all night lol x

11. tracyd

tracyd "I WILL DO THIS"

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    lighter life - maintaining now
    Hi Joanne , best of luck!
    I was absolutely fine in my first week and have been fine ever since, everyone is different :) x

12. jc1976

jc1976 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(9.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi guys, 1st day almost over and i must admit i feel like ***** already, i suppose it doesn't help that im nightshift just now and heading straight to uni in the morning, so i wont get till my bed till after 1pm. Ive had 2 shakes and a veg soup so far just about to make my choc one into a hot choc, im hungry :-(

13. kittycat92

kittycat92 Member

Diet:
    One meal a day diet
    You will feel the benefits soon just keep on going because sounds like you did amazing today.You seem so determined and motivated to lose it from what you have ate and i envy your will-power. I couldn't eat so little in a day. Night shift will be exercise for you and uni tomorrow will burn more calories. I cant wait to hear what your weightloss will be after this week fly's. Its going to be really good if you eat so healthily everyday.

14. jc1976

jc1976 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(9.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Kitty, i knew LL was going to be hard, maybe i should have started a week when was able to get to my bed early and not think about it too much, ill keep my fingers crossed for now x

15. Spanglymum

Spanglymum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    107.27kg
    Current Weight:
    101.83kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.85kg
    Lost(%):
    5.4kg(5.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, Joanne. How are you doing? Sounds like you have a difficult schedule. Once you've made it through the first week though you will find it so much easier, truly. It's always possible to think "I should have started this at such-and-such a time" but the thing is, there is never a "perfect" time. The first few days were bound to be a bit challenging, whatever your circumstances (your body is getting a bit of a shock!) but honestly after the awfulness it really does get so so much better. You'll have loads of energy (really!) and be full of get up and go. Keep strong and you can do this!!

16. jc1976

jc1976 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(9.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, thanks very much for you post Spanglymum. I did feel a wee bit better this morning albeit shattered but i managed to get through the day got home around two and had another shake and went to bed for a couple of hours. My heads still pounding though:cry:. Right now i just keep thinking how can you guys drink the same stuff over such a long period? at one point last night i was gagging while drinking the choc one which i made as a hot drink.

17. kathryn B

kathryn B Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(22.62%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Keep going - it really does get better. Ive just finished week 8 and am feeling great.It really is worth the horrendous first few days and then you will be fine.
    Have you tried the chocolate with a sweetner? Its much nicer i have it every night before going to bed. xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. jc1976

jc1976 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(9.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks kathryn, ill try that next time. Dont feel too bad today although the headaches still there. Back on nightshift tonight so only had a strawberry shake so far, the veg soup tasted far better last night than it did on my firsy night i really enjoyed it, roll on Tuesday to i see all the good this has done. I could still murder a chinese though lol

20. jc1976

jc1976 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.5lb(9.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Still going strong folks but it's Saturday night which usually means Chinese if staying in. I don't feel hungry but I want one so much :-(

21. muppetgirly

muppetgirly Loser!

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8.74%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Lite
    Keep up the good work. I was at a baby shower yesterday which meant I was surrounded by cake.........torture!

22. hanmac

hanmac Getting her sparkle back

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12.1lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.7lb(29.13%)
    Diet:
    Lost 5 stone on Lighter Life and 1 1/2 on Exante! - Put about 2 1/2 stone back on so back to Exante!
    Ahh Jen, cake is my biggest weakness!!

You are doing so well Joanne, keep going :) Like Kathryn said, adding a sweetener to the chocolate shake makes it taste soooo much better! I hated it at first, but with a sweetener it actually tastes like 'real' hot chocolate. If your worried about getting bored of the packs there are things you can do to to keep them interesting. Add tabasco, mix soup packs together e.g. 1/2 pack veg and 1/2 pack chicken = chicken vegetable soup! If you buy the water flavourings (i'm a cheapskate and dont!) but if you do you can add a spoonful of the orange to the chocolate shake = chocolate orange. And i've heard fruit of the forest is nice as well with chocolate.
    It does get easier, just keep going :)
    xxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.