Here's to a new me :-)

fairydust81

Day 1

Well today was day 1 of my CD - SS. Was slightly nervous about starting but to be honest I've not been too bad. I started the day with a fruits of the forest shake, had an oriental chilli soup for lunch and a mango shake tonight. I've managed to drink 2.5 litres of water and also had a couple of black teas too.

Found lunch time worse, my colleagues sat eating a gorgeous smelling chips and curry but I was good and felt very pleased that i was able to sit there and not give in. Even worse was another colleague was celebrating her birthday and had made cakes and biscuits, again I didn't give in....

Had a slight headache through the afternoon which paracetamol helped with and it has started to reappear tonight. Also struggled cooking daughter's dinner with the hunger pangs striking but I chewed some sugar-free gum and was fine.

have noticed that I'm craving sausages and cheese at the moment, but am not going to give in, I'm determined to drop a stone by my holiday in 5 weeks, and drop at least one dress size.

So that's it for today, day 1 almost over and I feel good, feel very pleased that I've stuck to it and haven't given in

Please feel free to comment, I'd love to gather support from people at a similar stage or that have a similar weight to me.....

Day 2

So today has been a strange day. Started with a black tea when I got to work followed by a choc mint shake however for some reason I was very nauseous and ended up throwing up (yuck:cry:). Felt fine afterwards though thankfully. Had the spicy tomato soup for lunch which I really didn't like, found it very powdery. Had the maple and pecan porridge this evening and although it had a very strange texture I really liked the taste and actually made me feel like I was having an actual meal. Felt absolutely starving tonight though.

I seem to be craving all sorts at the moment and miss physically eating, but I know this is just my body fighting for junk and I'm determined to ignore it.

Managed 3 litres of water today, 2 litres of sparkling water which I find a lot easier to drink. I did have a bit of a wobble tonight when cooking my daughters dinner but resisted temptation, did find it incredibly difficult though, and also didn't help that my husband kept saying have some chips, they won't hurt you! Grrr, then he sat eating a bag of skittles which normally wouldn't bother me (I don't tend to eat a lot of sweets) but tonight I found it very hard, spent a lot of time outside smoking.....

So that's day 2 over with, I'm not sure if ketosis has kicked in yet, I assume I'll just know when it has. Had a dull headache since starting but I know that will fade

Here's to day 3 xx - Actually can't wait for my first WI on Monday....just seems to be coming around very slowly at the moment
:(

Day 3

Today has been going fine although I'm not sure if it's related but my back is killing me

Started with apple and cinnamon porridge which was yummy and kept me feeling full for ages. Had leek and potato soup for lunch, again really liked the taste and now trying to decide what to have tonight, gutted as hubby is cooking a gorgeous gammon steak with cheese and parsley sauce (sobs), but I feel good knowing that I'm doing this for the right reasons and I'll be grateful when I'm sat on the beach in a size 12 bikini

I'm not sure if ketosis has kicked in yet, haven't really noticed any whiffs of bad breath.....I assume I'll know when it kicks in?

Anyway, day 3 over, almost halfway through week 1 and I'm so excited about my first WI....

Day 4

So I'm now officially over halfway through the first week and feeling good. Hunger pangs really hit me today and I don't think I'm in ketosis yet, I have ordered some ketostix so will be able to test when they arrive.

Started the day with the plain porridge, bleugh, very bland but I made sure I finished it. Had the chicken and mushroom soup for lunch which was gorgeous but as I was feeling so weak I also had a hard boiled egg with some cress, cucumber and lettuce. Am now feeling quite satisfied.

Today will be a test as I'm doing the school run and taking daughter shopping, but I'm going to be very good and carry my water with me and my chewing gum.

I can tell I've started losing weight as Im wearing a pair of trousers that felt too tight on Monday :) my CDC text me today to see how I was getting on which is nice, I like that they are so supportive.

I'm going to try the butterscotch shake for tea but with some ice, I also added more water to my soup so it wasn't as gloopy and that helped too.

Tomorrow will be a big test, going to a hospital fete in the morning then at a friends BBQ tomorrow evening. She knows I'm doing the CD and I've pre-warned her that I'll be drinking sparkling water and I'll prob have half a chicken breast with some cucumber and lettuce. I found it helped telling everyone going so they don't quiz me when I'm not drinking or eating much.

Well I'm off to do the school run,. Here's to a strong, determined weekend with no blips as first WI is Monday at 1pm.....eeeeeeek!

Hey, your doing fab, keep busy it helps no end!

Bbqs are torture. We went camping at the weekend and when our friends and hubby and kids did a BBQ I left the campsite for an hour to get away from it all! Lol.

Stay strong xx

Day 5

Wow I can't believe it's day 5 already. After yesterday's blip I'm feeling much stronger and more in control today.

Had banana shake for breakfast then went to work to help out with the annual hospital fete. Endured watching my daughter eat a pork bap with apple sauce, then she had strawberries with cream and sugar, then a couple of hours later a cheeseburger. Normally I wouldn't bother but they looked sooooo good. I'm happy to say I stick with my water and didn't give in at all so I feel really pleased with myself.

Got home and had the vegetable soup with a black Nespresso coffee. Felt really hungry all afternoon so I've been drinking plenty of water and chewing sugar free gum. Just had the butterscotch shake and really enjoyed it (I've stared making them up in more water as I don't like them too gloopy). Still feel incredibly hungry and I've got a BBQ to go to tonight, but I'm prepared with a litre bottle of water. I know it's going to be difficult but I'm so determined to be good tonight.

Today. I feel really good, and to top it off I managed to wear a pair of Bench jeans that haven't fit me in ages so I must be doing something right....

one thing I won't recommend is taking two Dulcolax at 8.30pm though, I haven't been to the toilet since starting and due to other problems (adhesions from endometriosis wrapped round my bowel) I don't like to get bunged up, so when I thought I was having an early night I took two Dulcolax, well I was hen awake at 2.30am with terrible stomach cramps, feeling sick and having cold sweats. An hour later I had been to the loo and felt much better thankfully but I don't think I'll do that again in a hurry. I normally use lactulose but didn't want to due to the sugar content.

Anyway,off to get back into my Bench jeans and head off to the BBQ. Here's to a good night and another good day tomorrow.

I'm back from the BBQ and I'm so proud to say I didn't give in to temptation, all I had was a1 litre bottle of water. I'm absolutely starving now and all I can think about is sausages but I'm going to head to bed now. Yeyyyyyy

fairydust81 said:
I'm back from the BBQ and I'm so proud to say I didn't give in to temptation, all I had was a1 litre bottle of water. I'm absolutely starving now and all I can think about is sausages but I'm going to head to bed now. Yeyyyyyy

Wow, you're a superstar resisting all that temptation!!! Well done x

Week 1, -7lb | Week 2, - 2lb (different scales, new CDC) | Week 3, -4lb

Thanks Kellmo xxx

Ive just had a cheeky WI and I know my scales will prob be different to my CDCs but according to mine I've lost 7lbs!!! I'm 11st10 which I haven't been for ages yeyyy....half a stone OMG! Will be interesting to see what the scales show at my first WI tomorrow.

fairydust81 said:
Thanks Kellmo xxx

Ive just had a cheeky WI and I know my scales will prob be different to my CDCs but according to mine I've lost 7lbs!!! I'm 11st10 which I haven't been for ages yeyyy....half a stone OMG! Will be interesting to see what the scales show at my first WI tomorrow.

Woooo hoooo! How exciting!

I live for weigh days!!!

Day 6

So I'm now on day 6 and can't believe I'm almost at the end of week 1. I'm feeling really good and although I've had a couple of blips along the way I'm really looking forward to tomorrows WI. Placed my order with CDC today, am going to try some of the tetras next week frozen.

So today I had choc-orange shake cold for brekkie, mushroom soup for lunch which I really enjoyed and had hot choc-orange shake tonight which was absolutely gorgeous hot....

Found it incredibly hard cooking daughter and hubby's tea tonight but kept going with the water.

According to my scales I've lost 7lbs but I know that it will probably be different on the CDC's scales, and I'm not weighing in til 1pm so will prob end up being less, I'm hoping for at least 5lbs off - fingers crossed

I feel really good and can't wait til tomorrow, hope you've all had a fantastic weekend. Will update when I get home from work tomorrow night, hopefully with some good news xxx

Cooking for family is the hardest thing ever. I have to have a bath ready so I can jump in the second it's served! Funnily enough I still want to hear what they've eaten that day and I'd they enjoyed it? I like listening to talk of normal food!!!

Good luck with your weigh in, jump in here and let us know how you've done.

Kellmo x

hi i started today and had two shakes and a soup for tea with 55 grams of chopped mushrooms in it, i struggled to make the soup as was not hungry, not a feeling im used to, i drank 2.5 litres of water but struggled doing it. your doing well i hope i do as well as you have this week, so looking forward to being slimmer and fitting in my clothes :)

c45carol said:
hi i started today and had two shakes and a soup for tea with 55 grams of chopped mushrooms in it, i struggled to make the soup as was not hungry, not a feeling im used to, i drank 2.5 litres of water but struggled doing it. your doing well i hope i do as well as you have this week, so looking forward to being slimmer and fitting in my clothes :)

Carol I know this is off topic but where do you live? I know la linea well?!

Day 7

First WI today and I'm so thrilled......a loss of 5lbs which is absolutely fab for me. So I'm now officially under 12 stone. I've also lost 1.5in off my waist, and 1in from my hips, chest and thigh.

Woohooooooooo

I am now so determined and motivated even more to keep going with SS. I've had a strawberry shake for brekkie and just having oriental chilli soup for lunch. I did feel extremely bloated this morning and was worried but I had no reason to be, I'm so thrilled yeyyyyyyyyy

Yeah!!! Well done x x

kellmo said:
Yeah!!! Well done x x

Thanks xxx. I'm soooo pleased

Day 8 (week 2)

Still Feeling incredibly motivated after yesterdays WI, but according to my ketostix I'm not yet in ketosis and I still feel hungry, think it's because of that blip I had on Friday...but heres hoping it happens soon...

Today I've had a strawberry shake for breakfast, chicken and mushroom soup for lunch and now I'm enjoying a frozen strawberry tetra and it's delicious.

So that's it for today, am feeling good and the weight loss is showing, had to keep pulling my jeans up today
:D

Day 9

I know it's very early (7am) but just had to post because I am so excited, I've just done a sneaky weigh and my scales are showing 11st8, that's at. Least another 3lbs off since my WI. been up for 30 minutes trying clothes on and I'm so happy because they all fasten, all my trousers fasten, some are still a little too tight, but the ones I usually wear for work that feel very uncomfortable, actually now feel really comfortable, I don't feel like my stomach is spilling over the top, they're not tight round my thighs......I feel really good today.

Off for my pamper session after, eyebrow wax and tint, eyelash tint and gel nails.......a well deserved treat I think.

Well off to make some apple and cinnamon porridge.....here's to a fantastic week :)

Back