hes not helping

hi all iv been doing this for 3 weeks im geting married in july was finding it is hared last week but im doing so well i was saying to my partner that i want to get to a size 12- 14 as im a 20 at the mo i did start at a 24 but he dont seen happy that i want get done to that i think he might be scared couse iv allways been big just dont no what to say to him to make him know that im going to be the same person xx

Tuff. You are doing this for yourself and no one else!

i would never stop doing this iv losts 22lb in 3weeks iv never lost that much befor im felling so good at the mo iv got a long way to go but im going to do it x

Good for you, thats a fabulous loss! :D Your hubby to be is probably feeling a little insecure as you will gain confidence as you shrink but at the end of the day you are going to commit to each other for life and whether you are both overweigh or slim he should be happy for you and no matter what size you are :)

I agree with summergurl he should no that u love him and u are going to make that comitment to eachother, i am also getting married-in june!! exciting stuff! my OH has been very suportive but i think with him he dont see me as the size i am, still thinks im a 10/12 lol!

He may feel a little left out. Just let him know that you need to do this for yourself but that you also need his support to get you through. Lots of luck.

men are very insecure creatures hun. my hubby didnt want me to diet, kept saying he thought id leave him when i felt better about myself. all u can do is reassure him. im now at goal and hubby says i look so much better cuz im confident and feel happy with myself. he maintains that he thinks im beautiful whatever size i am, bless him.
do it for u hun, dont let him put u off. sure ull look great in ur wedding dress.
good luck

x x

I've been very lucky with my hubby, he could see how my weight was making me miserable, and he's been so supportive and strong, its been so much easier for me. I think you just have to explain to him the reasons you are doing it, and explaining how unhappy you are the way you are, and that you want to look back on your wedding photos and say how wonderful it all was. I wish i'd lost all my weight before my wedding, i hate looking at myself in my wedding photos, i look so fat and unhealthy!! when i get to goal next year, i'm going to insist on getting married again so i can have the perfect dress and enjoy watching the dvd and seeing the photos!!

men are very insecure creatures hun. my hubby didnt want me to diet, kept saying he thought id leave him when i felt better about myself. all u can do is reassure him. im now at goal and hubby says i look so much better cuz im confident and feel happy with myself. he maintains that he thinks im beautiful whatever size i am, bless him.
Jenny's hit the nail on the head. He's feeling insecure. Keep reassuring him that it IS him you want, and you're doing this so that he'll be proud to be seen with you (I'm sure he is anyway, but this'll help! LOL!) and to make you feel better about yourself. Plus emphasise the health benefits- you'll live longer, healthier, be around for any kids you might have (this might help his attutude too?;)) and have more energy (nudge, nudge, wink, wink!)

Basically, involve him. He's thinking- she'll get all slim and gorgeous and want to find someone better than me. You just have to persuade him that you're doing this for BOTH of you?
Good luck!!

hi every1 iv told him hes being silly and that im doing this to make me feel good about myself and iv me more energy to play with are babys, hes been so good sine iv talked to him so thank u for ur help xx

Aww...I'm so glad. A wee bit of reassurance goes a long way eh?

Hi leah,

I had the same issue with my hubby and were approaching 6 years of marriage on 6th dec, he's loved me from day 1 but asked me the other day if i wanted to lose weight to find another man. After the initial shock of him saying that and a little giggle at him, i asked him why i would want to leave him, he's supportive and loves me for me so no matter what size i am he'll always love me size 10 or size 20 not just because i'm a size 10 and i will always love him and our 4 kids. best of luck to you hunny (long winded sorry) hope it all goes well and dont forget that wedding piccy on your profile for all to see.

Back