Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

im not allowed hot water bottles anymore :mad: following a rather unpleasant incident resulting in a night in hospital and daily trips to the hospital/docs for a few months made worse by the fact i had to wear linen trousers in Feb, i was a trend setter!

Ouch...sore subject then...literally lol!!!! :8855: OK then I'll heat one of those lavender scented sacks and it will be on the seat waiting for ya!X

you have no idea how many people bought me those after it!

i do miss hot water bottles :sigh:

my friend bought me one after said incident and it was like a dirty little secret lol

I really really feel the cold too, (yes, even here in Tenerife) I invested in an Argos electic blanket on one of my trips over to the UK. They are much safer nowadays, than their 'old' reputation. ( I even throw mine in the washer) I would never ever be without it now. Plus Argos now deliver to Spain - another bonus. Woo hoo!!

Thanks Leapfrog and Trango!! I am really pleased I must admit:character00100:!!E] It's really egging me on for my 5st award (hopefully next week) which is just 1lb away!!X[/QUOT

Really really good luck.. One pound away from 5 st, That is amazing..I so admire you, especially given the fact I only want to lose about 7lbs, and cannot shift it.... Although, you were correct Funcurls, the extra 'excercise weight' did eventually show itself in a loss I dropped 1.5 kilos this week...About a pound and a half ???

Thanks Leapfrog and Trango!! I am really pleased I must admit:character00100:!!E] It's really egging me on for my 5st award (hopefully next week) which is just 1lb away!!X[/QUOT

Really really good luck.. One pound away from 5 st, That is amazing..I so admire you, especially given the fact I only want to lose about 7lbs, and cannot shift it.... Although, you were correct Funcurls, the extra 'excercise weight' did eventually show itself in a loss I dropped 1.5 kilos this week...About a pound and a half ???

Thanks Powla! It's been a long journey, but well well well well worth the time invested!! Wonderful news about your own loss, and even better than you thought, 1.5 kilos is 3.3lb (There are 2.2lbs to the kilo!)!! So let's say 3 1/4 lb!! It's paid off!! Well done!!!X

Last edited:
OOh thank you. Make no wonder my clothes were fitting a bit better. Since stopping smoking and piling the weight on,I have only got weighed in kilos. And that's because I do not understand them, really. But, at the end of the day, a gain, is a gain, in whichever 'money' you use. Soo, How stupid am I??? lol:wave_cry:

OOh thank you. Make no wonder my clothes were fitting a bit better. Since stopping smoking and piling the weight on,I have only got weighed in kilos. And that's because I do not understand them, really. But, at the end of the day, a gain, is a gain, in whichever 'money' you use. Soo, How stupid am I??? lol:wave_cry:

Uuuh, not stupid at all!!!!!:eek: Why? Because you have corrected the damage and you are still in control!! Brilliant!! XXXXXXXXXXX

That's great Beverooni!! And after 2 very good losses last week and the week before, you could afford that tiny gain!! It's nothing and as I said to Emmeline, can EASILY be wiped out by next week, with a little focus!! Still well on track for T by the end of the challenge!!!X
Thanks Hevs - but not really got a cat in hell's chance of losing this week.:cry:
Friends still here and 2 more meals planned out. But am going to be super good on the other days and aim for a STS.

I really really feel the cold too, (yes, even here in Tenerife) I invested in an Argos electic blanket on one of my trips over to the UK. They are much safer nowadays, than their 'old' reputation. ( I even throw mine in the washer) I would never ever be without it now. Plus Argos now deliver to Spain - another bonus. Woo hoo!!

Yes we have electric blankets imported from the UK too!

You would not believe how cold it gets in an old Spanish house. Ours has single brick walls, no loft insulation, no central heating in fact no heating at all! For about 8-10 weeks of the year the night time temperatures drop quite low. We had frost last year and it was around zero for about 3 weeks on end.

Now I know that doesn't sound very cold but that's the temperature inside our bedroom too! Not the 20c that UK houses get heated to.

We have an elecy blanket, 15 tog goose down duvet, flannelette PJs (very sexy) AND a hot water bottle as my feet are always freezing! And last year the padded throw went on top as well!!!

Awww Ninnins!!! How frustrating!! I will indeedy keep a seat for you right next to me and I'll also make you a hot water bottle as the cold evenings are now drawing in (for SOME of us anyway, not the ladies in Spain-residing element of this challenge!!!)X

maybe you could keep me a seat on the plane to spain instead? now theres an idea
B&B charges here are 1 single electric blanket!! Don't have one for that bed . . . YET!

Well done on your loss Hevva - ooooh so close now!

Well done to you too Powla!

What are you doing awake at this ungodly hour Zoe? Me? I've got an excuse of menopause insomnia!

B&B charges here are 1 single electric blanket!! Don't have one for that bed . . . YET!

sounds very reasonable to me!

well girlies there may be some hope for me to get into the 10's tonight after all! Ive had the runs all morning - every cloud has a silver lining!

What are you doing awake at this ungodly hour Zoe? Me? I've got an excuse of menopause insomnia!

I've got terrible insomnia at the moment too Bev. Don't know if it's the menopause yet but something's going on... 3 hours sleep last night - just not enough!

I think this weeks WI is more to do with this mornings clear out and lack of food consumed today but who cares a 10 is a 10!

Im going out for dinner tomorrow night, my stomach better settle down by then! Just been checking out the menu online like a good girl

drum roll please.....

-1lb = in the 10's :D

i celebrated with zumba and body combat class :angel09:

Whooohoooo!!!! Well done, and welcome!!!!!! And celebrating with zumba and body combat...why do I always have to celebrate with food?!!!!:confused: So proud of you!!! XXX

lol, dodgy tummy makes it a lot easier not to celebrate with food!

I have a meal out tomorrow though and a party on sat which requires baking for so im sure i will have to check they arent poisonous ;)

linguine pasta, thai style baked sea bass or prawn thai noodles? hmmmm decisions decisions, i think the sea bass is winning

Back