Hexb and HexA

pokica

Hi Guys,

I have been doing SW on my own but I havent been loosing as much as I hoped. Im not too sure if Im using my hex right, I have 2 Alpen Light bars and 28g of cheese, regardless of what day im on (I only do green or red).
Is that ok or are Alpen bars HexB only on red day?

The 2 alpen light bars are a B choice on both days.
cheese is an A choice on both days but also a B choice on green.
Be careful though, only certain cheeses count as an A choice due to calcium content.
HTH Jaylou

That is only 1 HEA & HEB - you only ave 1 of each on Extra Easy days, you are allowed 2 of each on green/red - i.e. 250ml s/skim milk and another 28g cheese/28g cereal/tin of soup etc

Hope this helps
REM

Hi there

You should make 2 choices from the Healthy extra B section each day, unless you do Extra Easy and you only choose one then. Hope this helps.

You are supposed to have 1 HeA and 2 HeB's Hun (you could have 2 HeA and 2 HeB, but the general is the first option).
So you arent having enough. Also variety is the key...although you having the right amount ie. 2 Alpen Light bars, you need to vary the He's, otherwise your body wont work on it.
Have a look at the food diary section on here hun to give you some ideas on He's too.

Thank you very much for quick replies. I knew I was doing something wrong!! I'll try different Hex hopefully that will help.

- alot of people suggest varying heb's - good advise and does work, but personally i always have cheese or milk and always have 2 alpens as they keep me fullest.

xx

Something is wrong if I only take one of my HEa choices lolol

They are there to have and I have them :)

I would agree that you have to have 2 HEb daily though (2 Alpen light bars count as 1 HEb).

I tend to have the same HEx's every day (or from the same limited list anyway), and have done since I began on SW.

Always Weetabix (HEb) and 250ml s/skimmed milk (HEa)

Then depending on my plans for dinner I have either:

> HEb with my dinner (cod/tuna/bacon/ham) or 2 Alpen light bars/1 HiFi bar depending on what I fancy
> 2 Ryvita original with 2 Dairylea original triangles with my lunch if I'm at home for it rather than being at work
> 2 mini Babybel if I am taking it to work as a snack

My food diary is pretty dull I guess as it is always the same foods repeated, but I like them haha, and if it ain't broke don't fix it :)

Best of luck

I totally vary my heb, but do stick to few choices (I just dont do teh same for more than 2 days running).

I use alpen lights, puffed wheat, wholegrain crackerbreads (6 of these) pagen krisprolls (3 of these) or 2 slices of wholemeal 400g loaf bread.

I do EE by the way.

Back