HEXB flapjacks

I made the flapjacks without oil (i've run out!) & in fairycake cases. Quite tasty but i don't think i put enough sweetner in...i might put almonds in the next lot :D

Attachments

• 2010_10120010.jpg
    2010_10120010.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 419
Am now making these :) they smell delish, only done 1/2 the mix though as dont wanna over do it and end up eatting them all......... If i get a look in that is as the OH loves flapjacks :eek: wonder if he realises there sw friendly heehee ;)

Well a tbsp of oil is 6 syns. If you do it without the oil it would be 47 syns for the whole mixtures or 5 syns per bar if you cut it into 10 portions.

The OP said it was 6.5 syns for 10 slices using the normal recipe so 65 syns. Less 18 syns for the 3 tbsp of oil = 47 syns ;)

I've just got these in the oven now :D

I used a square dish which would cut the pieces into 9 instead of 10....do you think its ok if i count them as 6 syns each as i havent added any oil?

I made these yesterday and they are lovely - I had to give some of them away as they are too more-ish for me to trust myself not to eat them all :D

I made a little adjustment to the recipe, I left out one of the tbsp of oil and added a mashed banana instead as I like chewy flapjacks. Cut into 9 squares it makes them 1 HEXB and 1 syn each. Well worth it! Even my two year old wolfed one down and my MIL got me to write out the recipe after having one :)

Thanks Cocktail Princess, I'll be making these regularly and it's inspired me to try making other things with HEXB - I wonder if you could do a sort of carrot cake using extra virgin olive oil, flour, sweetener, apricots, carrots etc??

They are gorgeous and very more-ish! I too added a mashed banana as I had an overripe one in the fruit bowl but I found it made them too soft.

Amazing! Can't wait to try these CP xx

Simple question.
When you say "ready to eat prunes / apricots" what exactly do you mean?
I'm not a big fruit eater (slap on the wrist) so need some advice here.
I also live in Spain so I can get dried ones but . . . . never seen anything labeled as ready to eat.

Back