HEXB flapjacks

oh my got these on the go in the oven now :)

I love Flapjacks but I don't like dried fruit, so I was trying to come up with a way to make just normal flapjacks using this recipe as a basis.

Can anyone tell me if the following calculations are correct? I've done it over and over to check and am starting to confuse myself!

3 olive oil (3 HexB or 18 Syns)
120g porridge oats (4 HexB or 24 Syns)
2 tablespoons honey (5 Syns)
1-2 tablespoon(s) Sweetener (Free)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (Free)
half teaspoon salt (Free)

47 Syns = 5 Syns per Flapjack if making 10

However, I've seen someone say they made them successfully without oil so I thought if I used only 1TBSP of Oil, the whole recipe would be 35 Syns (47 - 12 = 35) which means 3.5 Syns per Flapjack. Would this mean that 2 would be a HexB + 1 Syn (as the recipe contains 5HexB and 5 Syns)?

I apologise in advance for my long-winded calculations! If anyone can make sense of it and let me know if I'm right I'd be so grateful! Thanks.

I love Flapjacks but I don't like dried fruit, so I was trying to come up with a way to make just normal flapjacks using this recipe as a basis.

Can anyone tell me if the following calculations are correct? I've done it over and over to check and am starting to confuse myself!

3 olive oil (3 HexB or 18 Syns)
120g porridge oats (4 HexB or 24 Syns)
2 tablespoons honey (5 Syns)
1-2 tablespoon(s) Sweetener (Free)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (Free)
half teaspoon salt (Free)

47 Syns = 5 Syns per Flapjack if making 10

However, I've seen someone say they made them successfully without oil so I thought if I used only 1TBSP of Oil, the whole recipe would be 35 Syns (47 - 12 = 35) which means 3.5 Syns per Flapjack. Would this mean that 2 would be a HexB + 1 Syn (as the recipe contains 5HexB and 5 Syns)?

I apologise in advance for my long-winded calculations! If anyone can make sense of it and let me know if I'm right I'd be so grateful! Thanks.

Yeah you could do that :) You'd need to use Extra virgin though. Provided you do that all the synned ingredients except the honey are HEXB options, so you could have up to 6 syns worth as a HEXB and just syn the relevant amount of honey, as you say. Sounds fab! :)

You now get 35g of porridge oats as a HEXB though, so this recipe actually only contains 3.5 HEXBs of porridge if you only use 120g. Use 140g and get your money's worth :D

Sounds great, let us know how it tastes! :)

ermintrude said:
Yeah you could do that :) You'd need to use Extra virgin though. Provided you do that all the synned ingredients except the honey are HEXB options, so you could have up to 6 syns worth as a HEXB and just syn the relevant amount of honey, as you say. Sounds fab! :)

You now get 35g of porridge oats as a HEXB though, so this recipe actually only contains 3.5 HEXBs of porridge if you only use 120g. Use 140g and get your money's worth :D

Sounds great, let us know how it tastes! :)

Thanks so much. Will do. Shall have to pop out and get some porridge oats at some point this week. Don't like porridge so don't normally have them in!

Just added the ingredients to my shopping list. Do they have to be ready to eat fruit, can they be and dried fruit? The ready to eat aremore expensive?

Made these yesterday without the fruit. Turned out ok, but I couldn't get ten out of it unless they were tiny!

No you wouldn't, you need the fruit to bulk it out :)

That's what I thought. Oh well, they were nice anyway, just means I'll have to syn them a little higher!

Well they were ok, made them with my Autistic stepson which is always fun!!! I don't think I would be filled enough for my hex and don't think it's woth 5 sins- but I am a terrible cook!

It probably would - and I've just checked the syns online as I though syrup would be more than honey. And it isn't!

Honey = 2.5 per level tblsp
Golden Syrup = 2 per level tblsp

Can I just ask a question, when you say a slice is 1 HEXB, does that mean if you make 10 that is 10 days worth? Sorry fairly new to SW and have read the post so getting the idea of splitting the allowance but wanted to confirm I was right. thanks x

Back