Hey guys :)

jessikahlashes

Silver Member
Hello everyone :) I am new to the this forum! Although I have browsed often throughout my weight loss journey and I'm forever telling my friends and family to look for recipes as its fab. :D

I'm 23 years old, I started Slimming World in feb 2010 and reached target after 17 months having lost 11 stone 6 pounds. I went on to make it to the top 10 for woman of the year 2011 and attended the awards ceremony which was absolutely amazing. I now go to group every week as a target member and love helping other people, have made life long friends and continue to meet Slimming World friends online!

I look forward to sharing and pinching recipe ideas and chatting to all you lovely people. And I am sorry if I posted this in completely the wrong place :confused:

Hope you are all enjoying the sun and thank you for reading, just wanted to say a big hello!

Jess xxx

Thank you! I am still getting used to this forum and posting malarky but I will figure it out I'm sure!! Everyone on here is fab, inspirational people and stories xx

Seem to be doing fine so far :) Just shout if you have any questions - it can be overwhelming to start with but once you get the hang of where everything is you'll be laughing :)

Welcome to the forum Jessica :) its always great to have more experienced slimming worlders around to help out the new people.

Mind if i ask how you have found maintaining? i am still early on in my journey and will have a similar amount to lose to the weight you have already lost but often worry about when i get down to my end target on 15-16 stone how my life will be to maintain it.

Thanks and welcome again

Paul

Hello Paul!

Thank you for the warm welcome!!

I have been at target for a good while now and I wont lie I did struggle at first but probably in an unusual way, I kept losing and coming out of target!! I had been so used to losing weight it was like my mind was still in lose mode! I've heard from a few target members this happens alot. It took me 17 months to lose the 11 stone 6 pounds and I had no gains in that time, I stayed the same twice but all the rest were losses! Now I'm at target I have had to train my mind that I no longer go to lose, I go to maintain so I have to have a gain here and there, no pain in a gain!

I've come into my stride now and am maintaining happily, what I tend to do is have a take away on a wednesday night after my weigh in and then back on plan for the week and for me it evens it out! Or if I don't have a take away I have an extra B choice a day to stop me losing, my consultant said a few target members do this. Don't worry about being at target, it will take you a couple of months to get into the swing of things and your body adjusting to everything. One more thing is though that group for me is my life line in all this. I still go every week and it keeps me on the straight and narrow. The support is amazing. I hope this helped! Goodluck and hope to hear all about your journey! :D x

Hey Jess, I'm the same been doing SW for a longgg time but pretty new to the forums :) congrats on the AMAZING weight loss, jeezzz you have lost loads! I have maintained pretty much for 2/3 years up and down by half a stone just depending on life really! but have set myself a new target for my holiday (5 weeks saturday!!) so always looking on here for new ideas and helps me to keep on track, anyway just wanted to say welcome ;)

:wavey:

Well done on your incredible loss.. How do you feel now? And so young!you have a wonderful healthy life to look forward too...

What was your typical food intake like?

We all want to hear your top 5 tips for losing weight :)

I have just come back on here since the day I posted as I've had problem with the Internet! But now have the app on my phone so I'm back!! Thanks everyone for the lovely comments!
I feel absolutely fantastic and like I have my life back completely, it's like a new found confidence I never had, I'd always been big since I was 6, having to visit a dietician every week so I had never been a healthy weight, for the first time I feel normal and it's amazing!
One of my top food tips is fish! I eat so much fish!! Sometimes salmon 3 times a week! When I have a fish week as I call it I would get my biggest losses! Xxx

Hi Jessikah

I am in total awe of you and your are so inspirational I have a massive amount to loose and if I am half as successful as you I'll be happy !!
I am going to definatly take the Fish advice !

John

Thank you so much, I wish you all the best along your journey! I love talking to others about my journey and sharing tips, we are all human and people dont get enough credit for how hard it is to lose weight xxx

Back