Hey I'm New.

pinkdaisies

Hiya!

I'm Katie, I'm 23 and new here. I've been searching the internet for some help and support with losing weight and thought this would be a good place to join.

I've always been "fat" for almost as long as I can remember and seemed to pile more and more weight on during high school, which I've not managed to lose. I'm not sure exactly how much I weigh, just know the doctor has said that :sigh2: I'm obese :eek: and that I really need to lose weight. I think I weigh about 19st and I'm about 5ft5 so I've a lot of weight to lose and not much will power at all. My GP has also told me I have an underactive thyroid which causes me to gain weight and polycystic ovaries because I'm overweight.

Although I've got a brilliant family around me, I just always feel really down, lonely and quite depressed. I look at my mum, sisters and friends and they're all really beautiful, slim and pretty not to mention healthy and I've always felt like the ugly sister.

I can't afford to join like slimming clubs or the gym so I'm not sure what to do but really need some help in changing my life style and health for the better and was hoping to maybe find some advice on here.

Thank you for reading.

Katie :sigh::eek:

Firstly hun welcome to the site,

Dont let the doctor fob you off with pcos is because your over weight, you may have already had it and that caused your weight gain during high school it did with me and it could with you. Come join us in the pcos section, i really want to get that part more active and create a big group of people for support etc.

Good Luck lizzie xxx

Hi and welcome. You could buy a magazine like WW or Sw. They always have a week menu in them. Or libraries often have diet material.

Good luck

Irene xx

Hiya, I'm a newbie too. Just restarted my diet after realising weight had crept back on (not being able to get my favourite jeans past the tops of my legs should've been a clue).

I'm not going to any slimming club either but am following a diet from an old slimming club. It's basicly 1000 cals for 3 meals, milk and fruit with extra cals for treats. I have an extra 250 cals. I'm aiming to weight less next week than I do now, and less than that the week after.

You can lose weight on your own and this forum seems a great place to get the support you need.

Welcome to minimins, sorry its a bit late, just catching up. You could have a look at the slimming world section of this site, or the weight watchers or any of the calorie controlled ones, they have peoples menus posted on them so you could get some idea of what goes on within each section. As Irene says, the magazines have menus in them that you could follow too. But if your still not quite sure which camp to go in, just eat a bit less than you are doing now and it will get you off to a start in the right direction till you make up your mind. good luck.

Back