Hey need some help and inspiration xx

Kaijo

Hi,
My name is Jo and this is a cut down version of my story.

Started weightwatchers in 2008 at 19st 2lbs and lost nearly 2 stone in about 5 months then went of track horribly and started to put weight back on :(.
So I started the lipotrim diet (liquid diet) lost 2.5stone in 8 weeks sounds great but then I went on a holiday and couldnt get back on the diet and have now put all of that back on :(.

Now Im stuck I just so badly want to lose weight but my motivation is so awful, I want to go back to weightwatchers but am scared because i have put so much weight back on back up to roughly 18st.

I really need some support and friends to help me through this and I'm hoping i can get that here!

Sorry the post is so long I just need some help, thank you in advance.

Jo xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome to WW and Minimins :)

WW is a fantastic diet, youll love it and dont be put off by what you want to lose... go for small goals x

hi and :welcome2:this is a fab diet doesn't exclude any food groups, l have just started back myself last wednesday so good luck looking forward to reading your posts:D:D

Welcome!!! I know how you feel, I had lost 4 stone then became pregnant and regained the 4 stone and a little more. I got right back on it after my lovely boy was born, and got to goal after a year. So restarts CAN be successful. Also, at my heaviest, I was 20 stone. So please hon, be rest assured that you CAN DO THIS! Good luck xx

Hey Jo
Like you i did WW before and got to my goal weight for holiday last year, since then i have slowly put all of that weight back on :( and have not been back on here (tut tut) :sign0007::

I really wish i had now. This is my first post since coming back on, and i forgot how much of a boost reading everyones stories was.

So now holiday time has crept up on me again, I thought id go for a run. So a few weeks ago i did (it was 8 weeks to go until my holiday) I fell over and broke my Elbow the first time i went out (ooouch) So now im stuck not being able to exercise giving me no motivation at all! Hopefully posting will give us both a kick up the bum! :p

Good luck in your weight loss!! I hope posting gives you as much help as it did me last time! Don x

Hi Jo

I know how hard it is when you have such a long journey. I try to think of it as how quick the past has gone. If I had stuck to the diet all this time, i would be slim now.....how many of the binges, bad meals, takeaways do we remember....not many!! but I bet you felt great after losing that weight.

I have a few tips that helped me (please dont think i am crazy lol)

Water - sometimes your body confuses stress and thirst for hunger. So if you feel hungry, have a drink of water. I used to hate drinking water, but now i find it like an elixer of life!! rehydrating yourself makes you feel much more awake, and energetic. it is also great for your skin and every organ in your body. It also help with hunger pangs!

Talking to yourself - sometimes i just had to tell myself off! a conversation in a mirror of just out loud, helps bring those little voices into touch. Saying it out loud sometimes sometimes makes you feel stronger

write yourself a letter - as to why you want to lose weight, how it makes you feel to be overweight. how you felt when you had lost a bit of weight. then when you want to be 'naughty' take it out and read it.

Facebook pic - now, this is not for everyone, but i have a 'from biffa to babe' photoalbum on my facebook. Everytime i lose a stone, i upload a new picture. because i am dieting so publicly, it helps me stay on track (most of the time anyway lol) it also gives you a running shrinking image to keep you going when you are feeling a bit glum

treat yourself at mini targets - any non food treats, from letting yourself have an hour in the bath with some nice smellies, to leaving the house for 3 hours without the kids!! Maybe you could even treat yourself to a new book, a night out with the gals anything that will make you feel a bit special and something a bit different (my next one will be a haircut!)

i hope this helps......i know its a long post, and I hope you havent fallen asleep, but i know how hard it is when you have such a long journey. Take it in bitesize chunks and think of it as a lifestyle change, and not a diet.

Good luck

Mel xxx

I started back properly last week and i know what it's like with the motivation thing, sometimes you just can't be bothered so here's what i did - I wrote out a goal for the next 8 weeks i.e. up to the June bank holiday weekend saying that i'd do half an hour exercise a day and will hopefully lose a stone by then. I also wrote out what i'd eat every day and left five points at night for snacks and then i got my dogs out walking for just half an hour and i feel great after it!! Water is also the best thing ever, used to hate it now i love it!! Hope everything goes well for you, keep posting because it helps to read the success stories and good luck xx

Hope the messages above have convinced you face the scales and start again. We have all been there and if you really want to lose the weight you will - plan, weigh and track and you will get there.

Good luck

Hello hunni I am the yoyoer from hell do you know how to get started forget the past diets and focus on the plan for life.
Ditch the D word NO MORE DIET TALK that word makes everyone think and feel deprived so its best to choose a plan for life and relearn what you have been doing and to make it work learn how to use your points on foods that make you full points for low points treats and if needed how to save a few points, I have done ww alot I have also done Lighterlife ,Cambridge and I ended up 3 stone heavier than I started so in 5-6 years I have yoyoed off and on 14+ stones.
We wont judge you we know what you are thinking nad feeling,I hated going out people see me slim then fat slin than fat ?
I go it alone I wont go to meeting I come here and its all I personally need to help me
Good Luck just think if you dont do a plan by summer 2 ston could be on with the rest,that was me and I know that what made me having 106lbs to go made me start xx

Hello hunni I am the yoyoer from hell do you know how to get started forget the past diets and focus on the plan for life.
Ditch the D word NO MORE DIET TALK that word makes everyone think and feel deprived so its best to choose a plan for life and relearn what you have been doing and to make it work learn how to use your points on foods that make you full points for low points treats and if needed how to save a few points, I have done ww alot I have also done Lighterlife ,Cambridge and I ended up 3 stone heavier than I started so in 5-6 years I have yoyoed off and on 14+ stones.
We wont judge you we know what you are thinking nad feeling,I hated going out people see me slim then fat slin than fat ?
I go it alone I wont go to meeting I come here and its all I personally need to help me
Good Luck just think if you dont do a plan by summer 2 stone could be on with the rest,that was me and I know that what made me having 106lbs to go made me start xx

Hi Jo, I remember you from the LT forum..... I have come over from LT too as I found it too hard after a while.

Good luck over here. Its nice to be able to eat food. :D

Thank you everyone for your replies my first weigh in is tomorrow morning omg im dont want to see what number comes up on those scales, but time to face that fact I have to do this myself xxx

Back