Hey + Question! :)

Stacie86

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Hi Everyone.

I have been lurking around here for a LONG time, although not many of you will know anything about me, I have followed a lot of your stories since you started. I have just restarted a week ago and lost 8lbs :p

I find all your posts very inspirational which helps and I want to thank you all for that :)

I had to come off last time due to some ill health and have had to do 790 this time because of my IBS problems (nightmare!)- need the fibre. I am still experiencing problems on this plan but I have ordered the pysillium husks I have heard so many of you talking about and hoping that this will help.

I was doing so so well in my first week, but have a binge eating problem and have lost the plot 2 nights this week. (and when I say binge I mean BINGE) I am the same when I am not on a diet, eat normally for a week then binge eat for 2 nights.

The problem I have is that I try just to take it day by day, but when I think about the long term (at least 5 months with no bacon butties!!) I find it more difficult, does anyone else get like this and how do you overcome it?

Thanks a bunch and I hope to get to know you better!

STACIE xxx

aaaahhhh

Hi Everyone.

I have been lurking around here for a LONG time, although not many of you will know anything about me, I have followed a lot of your stories since you started. I have just restarted a week ago and lost 8lbs :p

I find all your posts very inspirational which helps and I want to thank you all for that :)

I had to come off last time due to some ill health and have had to do 790 this time because of my IBS problems (nightmare!)- need the fibre. I am still experiencing problems on this plan but I have ordered the pysillium husks I have heard so many of you talking about and hoping that this will help.

I was doing so so well in my first week, but have a binge eating problem and have lost the plot 2 nights this week. (and when I say binge I mean BINGE) I am the same when I am not on a diet, eat normally for a week then binge eat for 2 nights.

The problem I have is that I try just to take it day by day, but when I think about the long term (at least 5 months with no bacon butties!!) I find it more difficult, does anyone else get like this and how do you overcome it?

Thanks a bunch and I hope to get to know you better!

STACIE xxx

I really really really sympathise hun - I'm EXACTLY the same.... I trying to come to terms with the fact that I am addicted to food... What a sorry state to be in! Still hopefully using only the packs I am feeling more in control than I have done in about 5 years :)

Hi Stacie and welcome!

I think the only way to tackle it is as you say one day at a time. If you look too far into the distance it becomes an insurmountable problem. I would never have thought I could do SS for as long as I did, but one day, one week at a time it was manageable and before I knew where I was those days and weeks turned to months.

Stick with it and keep on trying hun.

Georgie
xx

Hi Stacie and welcome back, well done on the 8lbs!!

I take cd a day at a time which is the best way to do it in my opinion and I think as long as you have each day planned out the previous day you should get on great ... so you wont be left without the correct amount of water or without the allowed food for your 790 meal etc.

Ive always done 790 and get on great with it as have others on here. Im sure you will do fine too, post on here often as the people here are fantastic and we are all on the same journey together.

DEF DEF DEF NOT!!!!

Thanks! I am pleased I am not the only one.:p

Well you're not - its only when you start to admit to addictions that you stand any chance at all of conquering them isn't it:p.

Look at alcoholics, gamblers drug addicts, smokers.... Fortunately there is no medical requirement for you to gamble take drugs smoke or drink!

However for us food addicts - in order to survive we must eat and are therefore confronted with our demons several times a day (and some!)

You've arrived at the best place sweetie xxx

HERE HERE, I AGREE WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Stacie, I too am terribly guilty of binging, and yes, I do mean binging. I've posted a fair bit about my binging lately, maybe you've seen some of them? Either way, you are not alone.

I plan on going soul source in the next couple of days after cutting out most carbs, trying to ease my way into ketosis.

I wish you lots of luck hun, but you know what?? if you stick to this diet then it is fantastic, words can't describe how elated you'll feel when the weight starts to fall off, and it litterally does FALL OFF soooo fast. You'll be walking on air hun, you really will.

stick to it sweet heart, go all the way, I intend to this time.

Best Wishes hunny

xx sj xx

I'm exactly the same way, I consider myself to be a food addict. I get an idea of what I'd like to eat in my head and won't rest till I've had it. However, I haven't caved in 7 days, I've stuck to the diet religiously and am seeing the benefit of it now. I go from hour to hour, set myself goals such as.. I won't eat before midday, get past midday then change it to, I won't eat before 6pm, before I know it, the day is over and I've gotten through it. It's babysteps all the way

Hey Stacie, I was in tears the first few days at the enormity of giving up food but, as others have said, I decided that every day would be a victory. Every time I wanted to binge I would decide to hold out 'till tomorrow'. I also annoyed my OH by saying 'Day ......in the Big Diet House' every day, which gave me a thrill every time I reached another day. It was amazing how fast I got to day 140!
Good luck!

I know just what you mean. Having so much to lose i knew when i started that i would be on it for at least 10 months(it's worked out a little bit quicker:D) The first night i sat and thought about not eating for that length of time and it totally freaked me out, i just didn't think i could go that long without real food. But it's not forever, in the grand scheme of things it's only a short period of time and it gets you to where you want to be, to your goal. When you feel like binging, think about how you will feel after? If you manage to resist think how pleased you will be with yourself and even more pleased when you get weighed and see all your hard work pay off. It is so so hard but you can do it. Come on here if your struggling, theres always someone around or play in the arcade, although it gets a bit addictive lol.

Good luck and well done on your 8lb so far :D

Well this is a good little thread :)

I'm a total addict too, in fact i could go and eat the whole chocolate cake i know we have in the kitchen...but i'm not gunna!

Good luck, although it seems you're doing brilliantly.
Will be watching you closely xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Stacie, you are most definately not alone. I've been a BIG comfort eater since i was about 15 and have spent the last 14 years feeling as if my eating habits were out of control! I'm fine when i don't eat, but when i do, i REALLY DO! I know what its like to binge until you feel sick and ashamed and worthless, and the thing i've realised recently (hence i'm back on ss) is that i feel so much better without food in my life - this diet is giving me the chance to take a step back from my food addiction and realise that i CAN actually survive without those binges (although it never felt like it at the time) and hopefully when i get nearer to goal i'll be in a better place to deal with my food issues.
Take baby steps hun - an hour, 5 hours, a day, a week............we can get there! *BIG HUGS*!

I must have an ''off'' switch when it comes to having had enough but I'm still looking for it! I expect thats what alcoholics, drug abusers, gamblers, smokers, all say????
How many times do you think any one of the above has woken up after over indulgence the day/night before & looked up at the ceiling saying 'I wont do it today, or today is the start of my new life'' and by the end of it they've crashed n burned, giving into their addictions.
Many addicts are viewed with sympathy and help readily available to get them over this period in their lives - apart from food addicts & if you are inches from death xxxx

I am Russiandoll and I am a food addict. There - I've said it :)

I fully understand about the binge thing - been there and worn the (XXL) T-shirt! As far as coping long term is concerned, I'd agree with the others. Try not to think too far ahead too often (I know we all allow our imagination to stray into size 12 world occasionally!). Set small achievable goals - mine are to lose 10% of my body weight each time. Great because the goals will get smaller as my weight reduces :)
Little rewards are a good incentive too. They don't have to be really expensive - I like to get a fancy pair of knickers in a smaller size each time I reach my goal (as well as a few packets of practical ones ...nobody likes the feeling of their knickers falling down - but we won't go there!)

The little challenges here on Mini's are great. There's always a few running; I'm doing the January challenge at the moment and I think thre's a valentine's one too. They help to keep you focussed.

Good luck!

Back