HFLC Vegetarian: Is it possible and sustainable?

Ketoveggie

Hi all,
This is my first post. :)

I decided to join after browsing a lot of the Exante threads. I am on day 5 of the total solution. I'm using shakes only for the first couple of weeks, then I may have a go at one or two of the 'meals'. I have read some really inspiring posts on here. People can be so amazing when they put their mind to something. A lot of these posts have kept me strong in these early days of getting into Ketosis. Thank you for that. :)

So my question is as in the title. I would appreciate any input, especially from vegetarians who are doing this plan just to know what their long term plans are for meals once they reach their target weight. Will you stick to working out your Macros?

I was Vegan until I started this plan but as the powders contain milk, I would have to say I'm a fairly strict vegetarian instead. I will never eat meat but I realise I may well have to consider dairy if I am to sustain a HFLC life style. I understand that relying on too many carbs in my diet up until now has caused me to gain weight, so I am willing to change that as much as my conscience will allow. Sian x

Hi all,
This is my first post. :)

I decided to join after browsing a lot of the Exante threads. I am on day 5 of the total solution. I'm using shakes only for the first couple of weeks, then I may have a go at one or two of the 'meals'. I have read some really inspiring posts on here. People can be so amazing when they put their mind to something. A lot of these posts have kept me strong in these early days of getting into Ketosis. Thank you for that. :)

So my question is as in the title. I would appreciate any input, especially from vegetarians who are doing this plan just to know what their long term plans are for meals once they reach their target weight. Will you stick to working out your Macros?

I was Vegan until I started this plan but as the powders contain milk, I would have to say I'm a fairly strict vegetarian instead. I will never eat meat but I realise I may well have to consider dairy if I am to sustain a HFLC life style. I understand that relying on too many carbs in my diet up until now has caused me to gain weight, so I am willing to change that as much as my conscience will allow. Sian x
I'm not vegan or vegetarian but my eldest daughter is vegan and she has lost around 2 stone since she became vegan and is now a size 6-8. She checks her macros on myfitnesspal and that seems to work for her. She will occasionally have dairy if there is no alternative but I would say that 99% of the time she is a strict vegan.

Hi,

Is she doing a low carb? May I ask. If so, how is she managing to keep a good balance? I really feel that I will be struggling to keep within a good low carb limit once I come off the diet products. I'm getting a total fear that I will lose the weight then pile it back on and more if I cant get a handle on a good balanced diet. Unless, I just stay on the shakes forever!! lol

Edit: when I say "how" I mean which foods is she incorporating into her diet. Thanks :)

Hi,

Is she doing a low carb? May I ask. If so, how is she managing to keep a good balance? I really feel that I will be struggling to keep within a good low carb limit once I come off the diet products. I'm getting a total fear that I will lose the weight then pile it back on and more if I cant get a handle on a good balanced diet. Unless, I just stay on the shakes forever!! lol

Edit: when I say "how" I mean which foods is she incorporating into her diet. Thanks :)
Ummm she is watching carbs but not sure what her percentages are. I'll ask her for you(she's not on this forum) and also ask her to send over a couple of days food from myfitnesspal so you can get an idea of what she's eating.

That would be great. Thank you!
I've watched so many documentaries and read articles on the health benefits of a low carb diet that I really want to make this work for me. It's so much easier to lose the weight than it is to keep it off. This is the first time I've really addressed the carb issue though as most of my diet up until last Sunday was seriously carb heavy to make up for the lack of meat and dairy.

Back