Hi All - just me 😆

chubby_mummy

well I'm a depressed old mummy of a 3 year old girl. I'm 43 and work full time with no time to myself what so ever. weighing in at a colossal 129 kilos on a 5 foot 4 frame. I'm in Wiltshire and not quite sure what I want or am looking for. so hi from me 😄

Hi Chubby Mummy, welcome in a well done on starting. Have you decided what approach to take yet....lots of ideas here as everyone is doing different things.

well I'm a depressed old mummy of a 3 year old girl. I'm 43 and work full time with no time to myself what so ever. weighing in at a colossal 129 kilos on a 5 foot 4 frame. I'm in Wiltshire and not quite sure what I want or am looking for. so hi from me 😄
Welcome chubby-mummy soon to be slim-mummy:classic_smile:

Sometimes it is overwhelming as to know where to start...first, get pen and paper and write down your goals for yourself and what it is you want...this starts with you...Keep it simple.

Losing weight is like going on a journey, you have your final destination, which is your long term goal... but in order to get there you have to break up your journey and take a few stops along the way and these are your short term goals.

Your short term goals can be broken down into mini goals that are achievable...these give you motivation to push forward and it can help to reward yourself along the way with none food treats likes a lipstick, going to the cinema or a new book to read etc.

Before you start take your body measurements...bust, waist, hips, thighs, knees, ankles, upper arms, wrists and neck.

Weigh yourself first thing in the morning after going to the loo and in the nude as this gives the most accurate weight because your weight naturally fluxuates throught the day as you, sweat, drink and eat...

Take some before photos from the side back and front...and then at regular intervals as you lose your weight, for it is difficult to see the weight coming off in the mirror, however, side to side photos of before and during weight loss can really show the difference.

Simple changes to your diet is the best place to start...if you have a sweet tooth like me, I would suggest clearing the house of all sweet temptation...if its not in, you can’t eat it...replace it with fruit you like...if you are not hungry enough to eat an apple, you are not hungry.

Write down what triggers you and then write down how best you can deal with it...if you are not sure, ask for help from a..trusted friend, partner, family or professional.

When you are over weight your body does not work efficiently and because of this you can become deficient in vitamins and minerals which can lead to feeling tired, rundown and depressed, this is why it is a good idea to go to your doctor for a check up and blood work before starting a new diet and to discuss with your doctor your plans and get the support you need to help you achieve your goals...some GP’s have weight-loss support help where you can avail of free membership to SW...here’s the link to read about it...
https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/health/swor/how-does-it-work.aspx

You are more than welcome to start a diary here to help keep your focus and it also gives a place for others to drop by and say hello:classic_smile:

Back