HI all, just stared CD

Goingforgold

Hi everyone

What an amazing site. It has given me so much inspiration. The only thing is...it is so time consuming, i have spent the past 2 days reading all the threads! I really need to get a life!

Well i started CD on Thursday and it was sheer hell, but i conquered the first few days and yesterday i had to go and buy some ketostix and my reading was in the pink, so i guess that is good. Today my stomach has not rumbled at all, but i do have an empty feeling but not hunger feeling. So i am hoping this is it. I have stuck to it 100% so far and i hope i continue to.

I have a lot of weight to lose. I am 5'8 and weigh 25 stone 2 pound, ideally i would like to lose 14 stone, but that seems impossible at the moment so i am aiming for 10% of my body weight at a time.

The thing i am finding hard though is not putting food in my mouth, it is so natural to pick at things and i never think twice at popping things into my bottomless pit! I think once i am over that bit i will be ok. Eating is a habit for me, a habit i need to sort out.

Thanks for reading and i look forward to posting very soon

Ruth x

I have a lot of weight to lose. I am 5'8 and weigh 25 stone 2 pound, ideally i would like to lose 14 stone, but that seems impossible at the moment so i am aiming for 10% of my body weight at a time.
Ruth x

Hi Ruth and welcome. When I started my journey in mid november last year, I weighed in at 25st 5lbs so I know where you are coming from, it is a very daunting journey.
I find that if I think of how much I need to lose it makes it all seem so impossible. The trick is to think 1 stone at a time, lots of little goals instead of the 1 big goal.

Once you get into ketosis you will not feel hungry, though your head will tell you that you havent eaten for a while and that you must eat, or you may find yourself going to the fridge/cupboards out of habit. This is the hardest part and I come on here to get the thoughts out of my head.

Anyway, good luck for your first stone which you may have off in your first week, if your lucky like me.

Hi Ruth, welcome to the best forum ever!! I know it must seem very daunting now to face such a large loss but believe me it will come off so quickly. I started on January 1st needing to lose nearly 11stone now just 3 months later im down nearly 4&1/2 stone and all of a sudden being "normal" doesnt seem so unachievable. Try to stick to it 100% and drink as much water as you possibly can, it really helps to keep hunger at bay and some swear that the more you drink the bigger the losses. I look forward to sharing your journey with you.

Hiya Ruth

Welcome to Minimins and well done on starting your CD journey, as Sonkie said, just break it down into smaller goals and celebrate each one (in a non-food way of course:p ). I found once I got past the first couple of weeks it just got easier & easier & the time flew by.

All the best

x

Hi there Ruth

Lovely to have you join our happy band

I started at 23stone 10lb (shame on me) and I too think the task is to big to tackle

This diet is amazing and the weight losses are fab ~ i lost 16lb in my first week (how cool is that). But it is not easy I battle every single day not just to go into the kitchen and eat ~ it doesnot really matter what I eat or if I am hungry I just need to eat. The hunger goes but the empty feeling does not nor does the need to eat. We need to retrain our minds as I do really believe that we are the size we are because of our minds ~ nothing to do with hunger or food its a mind thing
Keep reading and posting and that way you are out of the kitchen. Do not cheat (I did last week ~ its a absolute b..ger to get back on it properly) Take each day at a time and your journey to slimland will soon be over. I pat myself on the back each and every day I SS without cheating for my strength of character that I did not know I had
Good luck
You go girl you can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, Ruth.
I started on Thursday as well.

I am 5'5'' and weighed 21 st. 11 (306 lb) a few weeks back. I was already down to 21st 4 before I started.

I feel really good on the program. But, like you, find that my mouth gets lonely. Also, smells of great food make me have to close my eyes and stand firm.

Let's get going and drink the water ++. I hope we don't suddenly have a hosepipe ban in Hampshire, because I will know it's my fault!

Let's go girl!!!
texasmorning

Hi everyone

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Really they mean so much to me. I keep thinking to myself, can i really do this, it doesnt seem possible not to eat. but i am determined to stick to it.

I am going to get weighed tonight as my CDC only does it on a monday but she let me start my drinks last thursday, so my weigh in will be only 5 days weight loss, so instead of a massive weght loss that i was hoping to see it'll probaly be just a little. Oh well, there is still next week.

I'll keep a look out for you texasmorning.

Hi Shaza

I did post early saying about it,..but i am so happy and still so shocked, i lost 12lbs in 5 days! i have never lost weight like that before. It gives you the strength to go on doesnt it when u see weight losses like that.

How are you doing now your back on SS?

Ruth x

Hi Ruth

Doing very well but still finding it amazingly hard not to eat

Not hungry but needing food ~ but hey thats my battle

Very well done on 12lb in 5 days that is brilliant it really gives you a lift when you have very good loses like that ~ bikini for you very very soon

Hi Ruth,
Good luck. Read the blogs - they help too!

Back