Hi all newbie here x

Hi everyone,

Today I have started a journey to the new ME!! I am following the Dukan Diet.

I just looked at the inspiration slideshow and cannot believe the transformations, I too hope I can be someones inspiration one day.

Well just wanted to say hi. xxx

Good luck to each and everyone of you, together we can do this xxx:eek:

Hi Bibblesbaby,

I too started Dukan yesterday! Survived my first day and lost 1.2lb! Did everything by the book, except forgot the 20 min walk! Will make up for it today though....

How did you get on? I found it fine during the day but dinner (salmon and prawns) seemed really lacking in something (rice, potatoes, pasta, veg?!?!)

Still, I am really committed after two years of yo-yoing and ending up two stone heavier, I have got to get this weight off!

Good luck, I hope you stick with it.

Claire x

Hi claire,

I have just finished day 3, still a long way to go but so far so good, i have lost 3lbs as of this morning.

I know what you mean about meals missing something, although today i noticed i was not as hungry as yesterday, so something must be working.

Feeling very tired however, am sure this is to be expected from lack of carbs. Altogether an encouraging start. I wish you well on your journey and if you want to be buddies let me know.

Much love xxxx:p

Hi Bibblesbaby,

3lb!! That's really great in two days..... Weighed this morning but no loss, not sure if it's supposed to come off daily? I was really hoping for a big loss this week to kick start me.... I have a weightless app on my iPad that shows on the icon how many lbs to go and it's currently at 38 which seems like a mountain! I regret not walking yesterday now..... I had the time but not the inclination which I know is a poor excuse but I was feeling really sluggish you know? I am determined to do 30 mins today to make up for it!,,

I would love to be buddies... My best friend is skinny and always has been so although she's supportive, she's never been there.....

Xxx

Hi Claire hun,

Sorry i havent been on for a while been hectic here!!!

How are you doing so far?

I have had an amzing loss in attack of 11 lbs and am made up, i can even see a difference in my body shape, and to top it off i am back in a pair of jeans that havent fitted me for almost 2 years!!!! amazing or what?.

I hope your journey is going well hun,

Lots of love xxxxx

Omiword! That's fantastic! Well done you!!!

Not nearly so good this end... 5lb off until this morning when one snuck back on :( still pleased tho, somehow I feel slimmer? So maybe the scales are just taking a few days to catch up ;)

Have you started cruise now? I am having my first veg tonight, can't wait....

Keep up the good work, you will be at target weight in no time xxx

Hi Claire hun,

As of today i have lost 12.5lbs, and i started cruise today.

I had my oat bran as porridge for breakfast
Lunch was an omlette made with 2 eggs, chives, mushrooms and a bit of ham.

Dinner was absolutley fandabbydosseytastic!!!

2 x chicken breast with diet coke sauce (tastes like bbq sauce) with a heap of veggies incl. carrots broccoli and cauliflower, it was scrumptious and now i am so full to the brim its unreal, i feel like i have been a little bit naughty, but i haven't lol.

5lbs is amazing hun, well done and keep up the hard work, are you finding it gets easier each day??

I have had my old wardrobe out and can fit into some of my gorgeous dresses that i had ............ well lets say outgrown!!! I still want to keep going as i have alot to lose really, but am very motivated and inspired that this time round i WILL get there.

My goal is to get back into my wedding dress which is a size 12,do you have a goal hun??

I hope to hear from you soon hun, take care and keep me posted on your progress.

Keep going strong you are doing fantastically well,

Lots of love xxxxxxx

bibblesbaby said:
HI Gmc,

Good luck with cambridge hun, i am doing dukan diet.

I wish you all the very best on your journey xxxxx

Thanks bibblesbaby, look forward to hearing about your success this week x

Hi Bibblesbaby

So pleased to hear how well you are doing chick! I think that you are on your way now, no falling off the diet with such a great start is there?

I have a pair of jeans that are a size 14, I love them but haven't fitted into them for two years, they are my goal for Christmas.... They are really old but I always felt good in them you know? So I have pulled them out and tried them on ( well, pulled them halfway up!!!) and now they are hanging on my bedroom door by way of a reminder each morning!

I have to be honest Bibblesbaby, I have been neglecting the walking, I know, i know, that it is vital, but with half term and work etc... I find myself at the end of the day and can't make the effort! No excuses today tho, I am getting on the treadmill and doing an hour to make up, then no excuse tomorrow or Sunday, no work and daughter at friends house.... Let you know how I get on!

Claire41 said:
Hi Bibblesbaby

So pleased to hear how well you are doing chick! I think that you are on your way now, no falling off the diet with such a great start is there?

I have a pair of jeans that are a size 14, I love them but haven't fitted into them for two years, they are my goal for Christmas.... They are really old but I always felt good in them you know? So I have pulled them out and tried them on ( well, pulled them halfway up!!!) and now they are hanging on my bedroom door by way of a reminder each morning!

I have to be honest Bibblesbaby, I have been neglecting the walking, I know, i know, that it is vital, but with half term and work etc... I find myself at the end of the day and can't make the effort! No excuses today tho, I am getting on the treadmill and doing an hour to make up, then no excuse tomorrow or Sunday, no work and daughter at friends house.... Let you know how I get on!

Omg Claire41, that's what I have done hung what seem like a tiny pair of size 12 jeans on my bedroom door and I see them
everymorning and b4 bed to remind me of my goal. Only on day four but hopeful for Christmas! Let me know when u get into your jeans xx
GMC2011

GMC2011 said:
Omg Claire41, that's what I have done hung what seem like a tiny pair of size 12 jeans on my bedroom door and I see them
everymorning and b4 bed to remind me of my goal. Only on day four but hopeful for Christmas! Let me know when u get into your jeans xx
GMC2011

I hope you are finding Dukan ok GMC2011? I found the first week a bit dull tbh, and even now on pp days I groan inwardly when I get up in the morning :) let me know how you are getting on... The jeans seem a long way off but I am quite determined.... Although I could murder a nice cold glass of wine!

Gonna measure waist, hips, thighs and bust tonight, and then if weight slows down I might see inches instead?

xxx

I hope you are finding Dukan ok GMC2011? I found the first week a bit dull tbh, and even now on pp days I groan inwardly when I get up in the morning :) let me know how you are getting on... The jeans seem a long way off but I am quite determined.... Although I could murder a nice cold glass of wine!

Gonna measure waist, hips, thighs and bust tonight, and then if weight slows down I might see inches instead?

xxx

Hi Claire, I'm on the Cambridge diet. Did it about 2 years ago and lost 2.5 stones quickly so thought I would do it again. The only problem was that last time I didn't follow the maintenance bit and got back into bad habits ......basically I started to pig out on carbs and sweeties! So here I am again on day 4 but can already feel a difference. I am determined this time to do it properly. What does the Dukan involve? I know what u mean about missing a cold glass of wine especialy after a hard week at work ..... but I'm saving myself for xmas xx
Gail (GMC):)

Cambridge diet is the shakes and bars right? How do you cope?

Dukan is low fat low carb, takes some getting used to, but now I started I feel I should give it a fair whack of the stick ou know?

Xx

Hi All,
I've tried CD a couple of times and never done very well I think, looking back, that SS was wrong for me as I just can't cope for more than a day without real food (weak! I know) Anyhow, on a positive, I started Exante and am now on day 9 of their working solution diet (2 meal replacements and 1 low cal meal) it's fab and I love it, love the bars and honestly don't feel hungry. Feeling really good that I've finally found a diet that seems to suit me, as I'm pretty sure I've tried them all along the way!! Lost 12lb so far, happy days ;) Thanks for letting me share my story!!!!!! Xxxx

Claire41 said:
Cambridge diet is the shakes and bars right? How do you cope?

Dukan is low fat low carb, takes some getting used to, but now I started I feel I should give it a fair whack of the stick ou know?

Xx

Hi Claire,
Yep u r right but it's working 4 me. I had a sneaky weigh in on day 5 and I've lost 7lbs already can't wait 2 c what my official weigh will be on Tues. Have 2 be honest the first three days r tough but feel o.k. now. The results keep me focused, how about u have u noticed a difference yet?
Gail (GMC) xx

Back