Hi all, newbie here

paigesmum30

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Atkins. I lost 2 stone on lighterlife and have 1 more stone to go, so i want to eat again but cut right back on carbs and also lose weight!

How do you find Atkins works for you? It seems so unbelievable what we can eat and still lose weight!?!

Today was my first day following the book and this is what i had:

Cheese omelette cooked in a little oil
Cheese salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato and full fat mayo
Dinner was a soup i made using veggies

Does that sound ok to you? I'm drinking lots of water but i do anyway so that's not too hard

Any tips on good things to help boost weightloss and things i should avoid would be very welcome :D

Claire x

Hi Claire... it's a learning curve doing this. Best thing is to get the nes Atkins book - tells you about induction and ongoing weight loss and the maintainance programme.
I started on Lipotrim, ie no food. I was pleased to do the full week - but couldn't face the lack of variety other thsn the shakes!
In two weeks I have lost 16lbs... so hopefully that will continue!
I was warned about tomatoes as they can be quite high in carbs... but if you read the sticky about starting Atkins it tells you a lot!

Keep it going though - you're right, you can eat well and with good variety if you puttheeffort in a wee bit...

Brian.

Hi and welcome Claire, like Brian said, read through the stickies at the top of the forum and you'll have more of an idea of the lifestyle. Any questions just ask away everyone is very helpful :) x

Welcome to the mad house xxx

Hi Claire and welcome to the forum and Atkins.

Sausages are fine, I have to go shopping for them in a bit as Tesco delivered the wrong ones at 10 carbs a sausage!
Thankfully somerfield do them for 1.5 which I can live with ;)
x

Oh yes, the Milton Gate range from Lidl are all V low carb as well. :)

Back