Hi all, popping in to say hello

Foxy1509

Hello everyone,

I happened upon this site as I was searching for a recipe for coleslaw using creme fraiche - wasn't sure I could use creme fraiche for this!!

Anyway, this looks like a great site, and I hope I can provide as much support as I hope to get from all you lovely people.

I've always been on 'the heavy side', and actually am happy being more cuddly than skinny - having been on both sides of the fence at various times of my life.

However, I'm getting married in May next year, and bought my dress in Janaury this year in the sales. Since I moved in with my intended, the inevitable 'eating whatever I felt like' has resulted in my no longer being able to do up the dress!!

So I joined Slimming World 8 weeks ago, and so far have lost 10.5lbs (with the next weigh in tomorrow).

I've done WW and SW a number of times in the past and did really well with WW when they did the 'core' plan. However, the whole weighing and pointing thing doesn't work for me - I can't bare having to plan and think about my food, so when they did away with 'core' and went onto 'discover' I voted with my feet and stopped going, to then join SW. My head wasn't really in the right place at that time and I gave up after a few weeks.

However, this time round, I'm loving it! The leader at the group I go to is SO enthusiastic about the Extra Easy plan, and boy I do find it SO easy!!!!

Now that I'm used to the plan, my next challenge is to start introducing some variety (hence the purchase of creme fraiche and not really knowing what to do with it!!!), buy finding lots of lovely new recipes to try.

So that's a bit about me and my weight loss goals - which are based solely on clothes sizes than actual weight. Might seem a bit odd to some I guess, but it works best for me - as I said, I'm fairly happy being 'larger' - I simply want to feel a bit fitter, be able to buy clothes in more stores, and above all, to fit into my wedding dress!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Foxy x :D

Hello Foxy,

:welcome2:
Welcome and good luck to losing the weight, we are all in the same boat so if you need any help or advice just ask and we will be more than pleased to help. :wavey:

Back