Hi all.....

How do you make bulletproof coffee?? What are the benefits. Been on Atkins since Jan and stalled the last 3 and half weeks :( At a loss for what to do, not eating any different. Your doing amazing plz help :)

How do you make bulletproof coffee?? What are the benefits. Been on Atkins since Jan and stalled the last 3 and half weeks :( At a loss for what to do, not eating any different. Your doing amazing plz help :)

It's good ground coffee, butter and coconut oil blended together. Google Bulletproof coffee, the guy with the website goes into its benefits but recommends his coffee (mold free expensive stuff) grass fed butter and some oil I can't remember the name of but says you can use coconut oil. It really does fill you up whilst giving you the high fat needed for atkins.

Been a lovely day with my husband, chilling, cinema, walking dogs.....
B bulletproof coffee
L 2 cheesestrings.....(not hungry!!)
T 2 handmade naked (no bun) burgers, cheese and bacon with side salad and coffee with cream at Spurs restaurant! :D

Those burgers sound real good!

Menu sounds great, I live a good burger. Ontario give the bp coffees a go, sometimes I find it hard to get my fats up.

Been to Holland & Barrett and bought some coconut oil. Got cream in but forgot the butter doh! Might try one without butter tonight. What the best butter to use? Cheers ??

The butter recommended is Kerrygold unsalted.... The bulletprof coffee's are a godsend for me as I am not really a breakfast person and if I see one more egg!
The really fill me up til lunch/mid afternoon and as Tee said it means you get some good oils inside you which i think has been the winning formula for me this time round. I think before Atkins i was afraid of oils so tended to shy away from them...

Been out for lunch with my husband and grandson (well, we are still on holiday) went to TGI Fridays.... had a naked Aberdeen angus burger (no glaze etc) topped with blue cheese and bacon and small salad, with 2 bottles of sparkling water... it is now 5.50pm and I am still not hungry.

I read somewhere that stalls are ok, and some can last 6 weeks so dont be disheartened. I am also doing some gentle cycling ( lower disc problem at the mo) and walking the dogs which I think is helping me, I dont have fizzy low cal drinks, or use any sweeteners, and only have the very occaisional suger free jelly. This time around I am also being VERY carefull with cheese and cream consumption as last ime I ate like it was going out of fashion.

I think the coconut oil is fantastic and use it too cook with a lot, especially in my mims which I only have every couple of days........:D

Thanks Sadieley, I'm gonna make my first bullet proof coffee shortly. This stall has really got me down, I've shed a few temper tears and decided not to quit but be more determined. Did level one of the 30 day shred last night and gonna stick to it! . Omg. It's shocking how unfit I am! So let's hope things start to move again and soon. Do eat quite a bit of cheese as I have been making a cheese and bacon omelette to take to work most days as i struggle with breakfast. But it's good to eat cold when my work colleagues are ordering toast/ panninies/ bacon buttys :( So fingers crossed for me. Got 47 days till my hols :) x

Thanks Sadieley, I'm gonna make my first bullet proof coffee shortly. This stall has really got me down, I've shed a few temper tears and decided not to quit but be more determined. Did level one of the 30 day shred last night and gonna stick to it! . Omg. It's shocking how unfit I am! So let's hope things start to move again and soon. Do eat quite a bit of cheese as I have been making a cheese and bacon omelette to take to work most days as i struggle with breakfast. But it's good to eat cold when my work colleagues are ordering toast/ panninies/ bacon buttys :( So fingers crossed for me. Got 47 days till my hols :) x

Yay! Give it a go :)
Stick with it, have you taken measurements? Good idea especially if you ate not losing lbs. I lost a fair few inches on level one shred so enjoy! One thing with the shred, cool down further on your own as hers just doesn't cut it.

Do you think you could give up the cheese? x

Morning Teeney.. Yea took my measurements yesterday. My god my legs are feeling it doing the "shred" even going up stairs is painful. Yes I do think I could cut cheese out, do you think that it can cause problems? I was eating it cos I thought it was a good thing on Atkins. Have a great weekend guys :) x

Hi, a lot of people stall on lots of different things, I definitely think for me it's sweeteners so I just have them on very rare occasions. I also limit my cheese and cream. intake as I know from last time I OD'd.because I thought I could and my weight didn't move..... I have heard a lot about the shred, is it good?

Hi there sadieley,

You're so right about people stalling on different things, it's all about finding your own way through the diet. However, it's a small price considering all of which you can eat. I especially like the fact you don't have to be strict with calorie counting.

I've tried Jillian M's other DVD's and found her too americanised and annoying, I also found some of the moves too much on my shoulders. However, I know a lot of people do, do it and see results

I'm hoping its the cheese, cream and sweeteners for me too, trying to cut all right down.

I lost a bit first time I did shred, it was more toning for me. I think it does get you in the mindset for exercise with doing it every day. It's also good for an everyday exercise as its so quick and doesn't eat too much into your day.

Am trying to eat more today

B bacon, eggs, min coffee and cream.
L sugar free jelly and cream.
T burger, blue cheese and bacon

Loads of water as having bacon twice, but husband has joined me on Atkins and started him off with a cooked brekkie, not sure how long he is going to last. Had a walk into town, collected my mountain bike from repair shop and biked home..... Now sitting enjoying the sun....:D

I'm really enjoying doing the "shred" it is only 25mins and I'm definatly feeling it and working up a sweat. I do know what you mean about her voice. But after a few days of it there's no reason why you can't mute her haha. I'm going to follow the advice of you ladies and cut the cheese out for a while. But suppose I won't know if its that or the shred that helping :/ I use a out 4 individual cream pots a day in coffees, my morning one being BPCoffee. Think I will struggle to cut them back as I do love a brew. Do you think that's excessive? :)

I read somewhere that you were ok with 2 coffees per day..... I have 2, then loads of water and the odd glass of almond milk (unsweetened). When I started my induction i stopped coffee altogether, and boy did I have withdrawels, but am glad I did, I have switched to decaf coffee now.

Am trying to eat more today

B bacon, eggs, min coffee and cream.
L sugar free jelly and cream.
T burger, blue cheese and bacon

Loads of water as having bacon twice, but husband has joined me on Atkins and started him off with a cooked brekkie, not sure how long he is going to last. Had a walk into town, collected my mountain bike from repair shop and biked home..... Now sitting enjoying the sun....:D

Good on your hubby for joining you! I think it makes things so much easier, on hand motivation too.

Where's your veg?

Back