Hi all.....

Morning sadie, I wanted to get some mct oil too since its tasteless apparently and because I've been having trouble getting the coconut oil down it makes perfect sense. Let us know how you get on with it and which brand you got?

Hiya, I have just joined the forum (literally, 5 minutes ago) and am inspired by your blog. I've never heard of bulletproof coffee but I am intrigued!? Where can I find the recipe please? Also, what do you use coconut oil for?

You are doing so well and I am going to follow your diary and hope it gives me inspiration! Enjoy the rest of your holiday in Scotland.

Hey ladies, love the scales at work, this morning as 6.30am they said I was 5lbs down.... Did a wee dance of joy , but not getting hopes up as scales vary to my own ones.
Just had a bp coffee , after my salty bp I am starting slowly worth the butter. So decaf coffee, 20g butter, and 2 teaspoons of MCT gold oil...... Not great directions on bottle so checked on my fitness pal and 2 teaspoons is 85 cals. Tasted ok so will report back in couple of hours......

Last edited:
Hi AtkinsFTW welcome to the forum..... friendly bunch and lots of tips and ideas. if you google bulletproof coffee you will find some links... initially I started off with decaf (coz normal is way to buzzy for me) coffee, 10g coconut oil and 20g butter (unsalted and grass fed), hot water, blitz and mmmmm then I increased to 20g coconut oil and 40g of butter which works for me.... i think the original recipe is way more butter, MCT oil is apparently 6x stronger than coconut and is in the original recipe so I am giving that a go this week. xx

well the coffee tasted good, funny not having the overwhelming coconut taste to it, didnt taste overly greasy either.... had one in the morning and one at lunchtime and not appetite ... my son took me out for an impromptu lunch at a local garden centre and i ordered a ham salad with cheese, had a bit of ham and som e cheese and didnt want the rest!!!
Energy wise, came off a sleepover from work at 9am this morning and have been running round after my 2 year old grandson ever since.......:)

B bp coffee with mct oil
L bp coffee with mct oil
T ??
S atkins bar (dont know why not hungry, but tom due!)

Well I have just tried it and it was as amazing as I thought it would be (even if I did just substitute normal oil for mct oil).

Sadieley, I used your recipe, 20g oil n 40g butter and used that lush java coffee from co-op (on special atm, only £3!).

I love the fact that it makes the coffee 'white' I just always find black coffee too bitter (maybe it's all in my head). It was yummy!

I weighed at work last night before bed and was 14st 6lbs.. weighed this morning and was 14st 1lbs... Not getting too excited until I stand on my own ones tomorrow morning for my weigh in. Didn't eat much yesterday food wise although calorie wise I had 1200...
Hubby is losing the will to live without sweets, he/we didn't realise how addicted he was. He only has a stone to loose in total. He is quite a fit person with biking and skating anyway. X

I weighed at work last night before bed and was 14st 6lbs.. weighed this morning and was 14st 1lbs... Not getting too excited until I stand on my own ones tomorrow morning for my weigh in. Didn't eat much yesterday food wise although calorie wise I had 1200...
Hubby is losing the will to live without sweets, he/we didn't realise how addicted he was. He only has a stone to loose in total. He is quite a fit person with biking and skating anyway. X

Fingers crossed its the same, that's amazing! Are you tracking on mfp? Wanna add me :) teeandrew.

Has hubby had a sweet mim yet? Could take the edge off wanting sweets....

Weigh in at 6am, down 1lb, going to throw the scales at work out...grrrr. but it's still a lb down.....
Was in bed at 7pm last night absolutely shattered. Woke at 4 dripping with sweat and it wasn't A warm night, think my energy oil had kicked in and by 5am, wide awake.... 6am up and power marched the dogs round the park.....
Just had a coffee, cream and mct oil, start at 8am today so hi ho hi ho it's off too work I go ....x

Morning, the mct oil sounds interesting and you are getting an energy boost from it already, I might get some of that. Boo to the work scales.

Morning sadie, glad to hear the mct oil is nice, I need the oil but not the overpowering coconut taste so this could be perfect for me to get them bps down my neck without gagging.
Poo to the scales, we ll have horrible scales stories :(

Back