Hi all.....

Wow sadie, you are romping ahead Nd doing great! I hope training goes well for you and the work scales prove good :)

It's a refresher first aid course today..... Has to be done but it's a whole day argh. Onwards and upwards.....

I have been popping suger free gum couple times a day for breath fresheners and doh, just realised 1 carb a piece, arghhhhh, why did I not check lol. Anyhoo no harm done as well within carb limit...... Need to find carb free gum?

I know, sneaky carbs! I love gum too, so if you find carb free stuff that isn't packed full of polyols, let me know :)

Otherwise, peppermint tea?

Oh yes the dreaded sugar free gum, 69.g carb per pack!!!! Terrible, I didn't realise and used to eat loads. I also found it made me starving all the time s cut it out and haven't had any for a few months,. I do miss chewing something in a nighttime instead of eating but...just too many carbs, be better off with a snack lol.

You just got me thinking - the chewing gum thing probably sets off the saliva, which maybe makes your brain think you want to eat something?

So yes let's stick to ham and cheese roll ups and herbal tea :)

I miss chewing gum :'(

On the hunt for carb free gum!!!!

B bp coffee, with coconut oil, 2 boiled eggs
L omelette, salad and Philly cheese
T chicken salad, cheese sauce
S cream coffee x 2

The Atkins chocolate brownie bar was lovely, picked me up during my training. Would be very easy to get hooked on them every day...... Have to save them for emergencies........ X

How do you make a cheese sauce that is atkins friendly ?? Think it may be a staple in my house I love cheese!! X

Morning sadie, yes those Atkins bars are additive and can grip you sometimes if not watched. I went through a phase with them and was in a bad place, took all I had to give them up. Back off them now and cleaning up my diet and feeling 10 times better.

Morning ladies,.
Staying off the bp's for a few days..... Need to eat..... Weight loss had slowed right down so going back to Atkins basics, cream intake has crept up. Still not having anything with sweeteners (apart from the suger free gum which I have stopped ) so it's not that. I may have just lost so much that my body is re adjusting itself lol.
B 2 eggs, 2 bacon, coconut oil, 150g spinach. Yummmmm

Last edited:
Morning ladies,.
Staying off the bp's for a few days..... Need to eat..... Weight loss had slowed right down so going back to Atkins basics, cream intake has crept up. Still not having anything with sweeteners (apart from the suger free gum which I have stopped ) so it's not that. I may have just lost so much that my body is re adjusting itself lol.
B 2 eggs, 2 bacon, coconut oil, 150g spinach. Yummmmm

Hi sadie,

It's completely normal for the curve to tail off at this point. I think mixing things will definitely get the numbers moving again - the body is very smart and just needs tricking now and again.

Morning, menu looks great, I wouldst the slow down in weight loss is just the most catching up. There is a post somewhere about this, basically every now and again the body holds on to water.....I can't remember why....and then we loose it overnight.

Hi Sammy .... I need to add expercise to my diet. I used to mountain and road bike but not so much the past 2 years as acquired 3 teenage girls and a grandson, and me time just kinda slipped away lol.
I know my food intake is good, as I make for my husband and he has lost 15lbs, but he ice skates and bikes..... So *groan* I will go to the shed later and take out a bike. :eek:

I def think you have a point Sadieley, exercise is the key. I've heard them say, " dieting is for looking good in clothes, exercise is for looking good naked." lol.

I do think weight loss speeds up when I exercise tho, if it's time that you're short of, what about HIIT? (High intensity interval training). Short bursts of high intensity training, example: 1mins high leg lifts, 10 second rest, 1 min jumping jacks, 10 second rest, etc. Google it, there are great routines and you don't need any equipment. You could be done in 15 mins (some are longer) a day = 1 hour treadmill and they say it is more effective than longer lower intensity workouts.

See this one as another example, tons on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNZe01hqMW8&feature=youtube_gdata_player .

Good luck! x

Morning....exercise is def the key, I just need to do it, another type if hiit is called tabata, it only takes 4 mins with 4 mins warm up.

DOHHHH! I am such an idiot, forgot too weigh myself this morning, how could I have forgotten????

Anyhoooo day 1 of exercise. Seeing as how I had my grandson today and he doesnt do bikes just yet (going to by a tag a long trailer for him) I decided we would have a 5 mile round walk into the village (me walking and him relaxing in his buggy). Enjoyed the walk and the weather held off.....!

B 2 eggs fried in coconut oil with spinach cooked in the pan after the eggs.
L 3 egg ommelette and suger free jelly and cream (x2 oooops)
T bacon wrapped chicken stuffed with mozzarella and brocoli
S Cream coffee x1

Back