Hi all.....

Hi ladies, taking a few weeks off doing Atkins, my body is struggling with the amount of fat/oil/butter I am having. Stomach cramps and loose bowels and think I am going to be sick if I eat any more.....
Am still doing low carb, that won't change, but avoiding fats for a while to see if that helps. So technically I won't be doing Atkins, I will continue to report back and when I am over my 'fat phobia' I will re start Atkins..... :D

Hi Sarah, so sorry your feeling so poorly. It's definitely not sensible carrying on if your feeling this way. Hope cutting out the fats will help xx. Do also bring to the attention of your dr too huni.

Take Care x

Hey, hope you are feeling better, a bit of a rejig can never so any harm. Have you tried just using olive oil for cooking, gonna have a peek at your mfp to see what you are cutting down from.... Tummy cramps never good so as Busy said if it carries on a visit to the doc xx

Had my nephews 21st today so
B 2 egg omelette and 2 tablespoons olive oil
L Broccoli quiche (2 eggs, 200g broccoli, 30g cheese, 30ml single cream)
T 200g bag of Brazil nuts at party (better than sandwichs, sausage rolls and chocolate birthday cake....)
S 2 single cream coffees and 2 diet cokes.

No copious amounts of oil, butter or coconut oil. Will give it a couple of weeks and see if anything happens...

How's it going Sarah? Think I will be making some broccoli quiche, sound good! I take it you cook the broccoli first? I hope those Brazil nuts weren't covered in chocolate ;-)

Is lowering the fat working? I'm finally in a good place with the amount of fat, skin calmed down and for the first time in ages my hands are smooth :)! Xx

Hi tee low fat is quite hard too do lol, so used to high fat .... I am still in Keto, my weight is still the same and I'm trying to up my carbs to as near 20g as possible.
Had a near accident yesterday, our local sweetie shop had suger free chocolate lime sweets, nom nom, but 8 sweets later and I just made the loo. Not having them again........ Xxx

Hey ladies, I'm back...

Spent a few weeks low carb low fat till I got too the bottom of feeling ill . Well I have, I am allergic/intolerant to aspartame!!! For some reason when I reintroduced it couple of months ago my body decided it didn't like it, hence feeling ill and eventually developed a reaction to my diet cokes.
Didn't put on weight, even lost half a pound.
So feeling way better and restarted Atkins yesterday. Took me half a day to get back into ketosis..
Sarah x

Back