Hi All

Muggle

Hi everyone

I'm a 36 yo father of 4 who has always struggled with my weight.

I've lost weight before doing WW and most recently following a very low-carb Ketogenic diet.

The low carb approach certainly shed weight but after following it successfully for a few months I found it more and more difficult because it was so restrictive. I really missed a lot of foods and slowly but surely the weight has started to pile back on.

It's so frustrating especially having been down to a half decent weight but I now realise that I can't stick to the keto/low carb long term.

So I found here and it seems like a really cool place. I've decided that this time round I'm not going to follow a specific diet or plan, I'm just going to try eating healthy foods, watching my carbs and sugar (but not to the extreme I was before) and trying to limit my portion sizes. I need a permanent change that I can stick with long term.

Lol easier said than done I know but I hope this will be a turnng point for me!

Last edited:
Welcome to Minimins and good luck.:)

I never knew what a normal portion size was. I use to pile my plate high. I was also a sweet addict but now the only sugar I have is in fruits.. :)

I have only ever done healthy eating and Primal way of eating.

Hi Muggle and welcome. I'm taking a similar approach to you - no specific diet, just healthier foods, smaller portions etc - I'm always surprised when I see what a 'normal' portion is on diet programmes as it seems small lol. I'm sure you'll find lots of info and support on here - good luck :)

Hi Muggle, I too lost weight and then put some back on. I'm now determined to lose weight so I feel better and am calorie counting on MFP. I'm liking this as I can plan ahead and eat a bit of what ever I fancy.
I'm sure you will do well and wish you good luck on your weight loss journey :)

Back