Hi and a cambridge story continued

tisseltass

Hi everyone!

I happend to stumble upon this forum and there seems to be such a supportive and positive mood here that I wanted to share my story with you guys to. :)

I have been overweight for as long as I can remember, in May 2008 I hit my heaviest weight, 205 pounds (being 5.4 tall). I have never felt that my weight was in the way for what I wanted to do in life, my upbringing gave me a big sence of.. perspective I think and I have had the good fortune to have a good job and very close and supportive friends and family. I did however, in May, feel like a big lump. I was so tired, and I was so tired of the way I looked it was really affecting my life. I realized that, I'm really not a 9-5 kind of person, I like to do things at 150% so for me, Cambridge was great. I really struggle to count calories and plan all my meals (I really hate that, takes over your life completely and takes so much time. :p) So just getting food out of the picture was for me a good thing, it made me realize, as so many of you here has probably experienced, that my relationship with food was quite messed up. And it forced me to find other things in life to do and enjoy instead of food, that was a big wakeup-call. I did about 4 weeks of just shakes and then started to have one meal a day, starting to eat really carefully and with big awareness. In total went from 205 to 182 during the summer. After that I felt that i got into a good healthy relationship with food, I do work out a lot and have done so for a long time and during the next year, with out the cambridge I went down to 169 pounds just by having a good healthy perspective on food and doing exercise and feeling good. No calories where counted! Yey!
During this year, 2010 and spring 2011 I have really been doing a lot of exercise, 6 times a week however, I have slowly lost my good eating rabbits. I find myself once again craving comfortfood and cookies and, having allowed my self to eat them since I have been doing all the training I find my self a bit lost again, and, my weight is stuck at 169 pounds, which is getting frustrating. So, I decided to come back to cambridge once again, and here I am. I started out yesterday and yes, I had forgotten how HUNGRY you are at first. :p

Day 1, absolutely starving! I can not see my self getting through this day. Just alone at home, trying to study for finals and yes. Starving. So, I decide I need some feelgood TV and watch "Gilmore Girls" I love that show. But do you know what they do? THEY EAT! Like, all the time! Big fail. I even go down to the store, holding a bag of pretzels having the worst craving I can remember and fortunately, put them back and turned around for the diet soda. I did add 2 eggs to the diet on the first day, I have realized that this helps me a lot, it's filling, has basically no carbs so you don't have to worry about ketosis (If you worry about that) For me, I just get the carb cravings SOO easily, if I would eat a pice of bread right now it would all just fall apart and I would get starving. However, I did survive the day. Phew. Forgot how hard that actually is.

Day 2, woke up with _the_ headache. I recognized it from last time. However, I'm not hungry! Aha! The first moring shake actually fills nicely and i feel full. Did some exercising today, however, really tired and my body got tired really fast, I do really feel low on energy but not hungry. Which is just, aaah, so good. Right now I'm enjoying my lovely dinner with a soup and an boiled egg (Do you know how GOOD an egg can be?! Omg. So good. :p)

I did also tell most of the people in my proximity what I'm doing, I have found that to be easier as, they don't always understand but it releases a lot of tension, just that they know you are not eating.

I would like to loose another 22 pounds, so, I will do the clean diet until the 12th of may, then do 2 shakes + 1 meal I think. We'll see. I have one cheat planned though, for sunday. I usually don't cheat at all when I do the shake only part but this has been decided forever, so, I'm just going to do it carefully and hopefully it will be fine. I'll continue to work out so on the days where I do cardio, I'll probably add eggs or a shake, otherwise I'll just be feeling bad. And, well, that's not good for motivation.

Oh my, this was a gigantic posting. Sorry about that, and if you actually read all the way to here, thank you. :)

Good luck to all of you out there, you really can do it. It's actually quite easy, we just do it! ;)

Hugs!

Day 3; Waow, I feel really bad today. My body feels so stiff and the muscles and head aches, I really feel totally dead tired, like drained of energy. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the day? Paint nails? If I wasn't broke I would have gone out to shop a bag or something.. :p I did do kind of a lot of cardio yesterday, maybe a bit to much.

Do you guys have any tips on things to do? I do honestly eat when I feel bad and when I'm bored, and last time on cambrigde I found a lot of new things to do that did not involve food! Anyone here recognize that? Have you found any new things that you realized that you liked to do? Would be nice to hear. :)

My toplist of things to make me feel good that has nothing to do with food.
1. Yoga (Whoho! So nice!)
2. Being really active and find new ways to hang out with friends that does not involve bagels/muffins/lattes.. Like walking, playing some silly game in the park, rideing rollercosters, whatever gives you a kick. :) Since food is so connected to the way we socalize, we might just isolate our selvs when on cambridge so we dont have to deal with temptations or feel silly when just drinking water. But actually, you'll do fine. I promise! And you will have a good time with just diet coke to.
3. Find ways to care for your body, like a footbath and a massage (how often do you really give your feet the attention they diserve? We walk around on them all day.. :)) Things you can easily do at home. Take care of your self and appriciate your body for all the hard work.
4. Read a really good book, preferably outside in the sun.

Take care :)

Day 3; Waow, I feel really bad today. My body feels so stiff and the muscles and head aches, I really feel totally dead tired, like drained of energy. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the day? Paint nails? If I wasn't broke I would have gone out to shop a bag or something.. :p I did do kind of a lot of cardio yesterday, maybe a bit to much.

Do you guys have any tips on things to do? I do honestly eat when I feel bad and when I'm bored, and last time on cambrigde I found a lot of new things to do that did not involve food! Anyone here recognize that? Have you found any new things that you realized that you liked to do? Would be nice to hear. :)

My toplist of things to make me feel good that has nothing to do with food.
1. Yoga (Whoho! So nice!)
2. Being really active and find new ways to hang out with friends that does not involve bagels/muffins/lattes.. Like walking, playing some silly game in the park, rideing rollercosters, whatever gives you a kick. :) Since food is so connected to the way we socalize, we might just isolate our selvs when on cambridge so we dont have to deal with temptations or feel silly when just drinking water. But actually, you'll do fine. I promise! And you will have a good time with just diet coke to.
3. Find ways to care for your body, like a footbath and a massage (how often do you really give your feet the attention they diserve? We walk around on them all day.. :)) Things you can easily do at home. Take care of your self and appriciate your body for all the hard work.
4. Read a really good book, preferably outside in the sun.

Take care :)

Welcome tisseltass:welcome2:

Well done on your weight loss already and best of luck with CD!

If you post the above on a new thread I am sure you will get lots of replies as the diary section can be a bit quiet at times.

Take it a little easier for the first week exercising as your body is adjusting to ketosis and everyone feels that bit tired the first week, you don't want to over do it.

Well done on getting to day 3, ketosis can't be far away now:)

Hi!

Oh, perfect! Thanks! Being a newbie here, I wasn't really sure where to post it.
Thanks for the pepptalk and warm welcome! And yes, the first week takes some adjusting, I'll just hang in there. :)

/Tisseltass

Day 3
Today has actually been okay, I still feel a bit crappy, sore throat and almost feel like I'm getting a cold. (Maybe I just had bad luck, getting a clod right now.) But the hunger is actually alright, being at work (The ER...) you really tend to forget everything that involves eating. I was hungry when I woke up though and I did add the eggs again. I know, you must think she is a bit crazy with the whole eggs thing, but it really works well for me and if it helps me to stay on track I think it's fine. It's a lot better to add two eggs a day then to brake down completely. And I find that they don't push me out of ketosis since they contain so little carbs, so perfect. :) I did feel really tired all day but I think I have gotten a bit used to that. :p

Take care all of you!

Last edited:
Day 4
Still really tired, not hungry though. But my troat is really bothering me and I got a slight temperature, so I feel a bit crappy and off my game. I'll try to sleep it off, fingers crossed...

Hope all of you guys are doing well!

Day 5
Today was my all along planned cheat, and I we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Right now, I'm just so full! Doing some calculations, I did eat about 830 kcals today, naturally more then on SS Cambridge. I was carful with the carbs, so I had about 47g of carbs today. If I'm lucky it will not spring me out of ketosis. I still feel ketosis is sort of a transition, you just don't "spring out" or "spring in" to it, however, for me I know I'm really out if I wake up starving... I hope I'll do okay tomorrow, today was not a bad day per say. It will just be bad if I let it escalate and effect tomorrow.
I also got a bad cold that was a lot better this morning but I still felt like it was good to get some energy since I do have a temperature and being on SS is probably not the brightest thing to do, but, I really don't care. I feel okay, I'll add some extra solid proteins while I'm sick and I'm sure that will be fine.

Take care all of you.

Day 6
Out with a cold in the coach, now, I really feel like just braking it off... I'm not that hungry but the cold is sort of making me tired and grumpy. I'm not sure on what to do. If I'm to stop the Cambridge or just add some chicken. Any suggestions? What I really want is some really nice whole weat cookies, perferebly with raisins. Gaaah.
Edit
Okay, so I kept it together and I just did one cup of veggie-soop instead. Really, I can't even taste flavor anyways so. :p But that was close, gosh.

Last edited:
Day 7 - Weigh in
I know I'm not suppose to weigh-ni until tomorrow but here it goes. Just got my period so tomorrow will probably be + on the scale, I usually gain quite a lot while on my period so. Fingers crossed.
Today, I weighed in at.... Tada! 162 pounds which is just... Crazy. And I know, loosing the carbs and the water and yada yada, it still feels good. :) So a total of 7 lbs in six days. Now I just have to keep going.
I'm starting to realize a lot of my bad habits now, like always wanting to do something while I eat, like read something on the internet or watch tv. These activities are so linked for me to food that it's amost hard to do them and not eat. And the other way around. I'll try to get a better approach to my meals, like eating them in a calm spot and really taking my time.
I'm definitely not hungry anymore, though I still feel like if I was to let go, I would easily go back to the old habits so I need to stick to SS a while longer. All and all a good day and the clod is getting better to so. Nice. :)

Back