Hi and here goes!

White Tulip

Hi all - feels weird being a newbie on a site! I 'live' on another big forum but needed a fresh start to reduce my weight.

Big old mountain to climb, but going to succeed this time.

Gave myself a few weeks from Christmas to last week to talk to myself about everything and started with SW last Monday. I'm doing it from home rather than going to class.

Had some success with SW before. Lost over 4 stone back in 2004/early 2005 and was getting somewhere but a load of rubbish in my life saw me pile it on - and some. Tried a couple of times since but never got past a stone.

WW has never 'clicked' with me and I couldn't ever see me going down the CD route.

Been reading some of Mike Scott's newsletters (icemoose on this site I think?) and am currently reading all the back issues. I used to get the email and then just delete it :eek:

So here's to 'reducing' my weight (not losing it as you find stuff you lose ;)) and let's see what happens.

First weigh in tomorrow, I have had a sneaky peek mid week, so fingers crossed for a good start.

Hi to everyone, can't wait to be able to start a diary, I've had one in the past for other stuff and it's really helped.

Hey welome to minis.
Good luck on 'reducing' your weight :)
Claire x

thankyou Blue Butterfly - first weigh in today and 7 pound off :D Tried to add the half stone star to my sig but it doesn't seem to work so I guess I don't have a big enough sig space yet.

Edit - oops, seems I do!!

they are good, yes. I've had to spend a bit of time trying to get my head round the way of thinking he talks about, probably because it is really alien to how I have 'taught' myself to think about food and weight. I'm going to keep reading the archives though, bit by bit and hope it changes how I feel.

I've started a diary in the SW forum, I'm a bit of an online diary obsessive so I'm hoping a food/diet diary on a dedicated site will help.

Back