Hi another newbie with ALOT of weight to lose

xMariex

Silver Member
Hi I am new here. I have alot of weight to lose and apart from this forum nobody else knows my true weight just that I am fat. I am very ashamed towards the end of janurary I decdied things had to change. I am swimming 4-5 times a week and eating less, more healthy food. So far its working but as it slows as I am sure it will as I get slimmer I will probably start on one of the programmes. And will add more exercises too but right now I can not really afford the gym and am the worst runner. I have dieted about 5 years ago and was quite sucessful but it was pressure from others that I did it and I ended up in a bad place it all came back on as I got into bad habits all over again. This time its me that has me motivated and I realise that I am facing a lifestyle change not just a fad. From reading the forum I have seen lots of really good advice and inspiring stories.

Hi xmariex

Quite alot your post i can relate to & i myself have just started to loose weight. Im doing it through slimming world.
This forum has been sooo good to read and learn things from.
I wish you all the luck in your weight loss journey.
Amy x

Hi Marie, Well done in deciding to get to grips with losing some weight...:clap: and the fact that you are doing some exercise as well is all very positive stuff.

Do start a diary so people know where to find you to give you support and encouragement.
Here is your link for the appropriate place to start one...

Calorie Counting Diaries - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

All the very best to you on your exciting journey...:)

Hi Marie,

Welcome from another recent arrival, with a similar amount of weight to lose as you. I started my healthier eating regime at the beginning of this year, and also going to the gym 3 times a week.

Well done for recognising that you need a lifestyle change - there is nothing more disheartening in my experience than working really hard to lose a ton (not literally!) of weight, only to have it all come back - but logically, that is inevitable if you go back to the eating habits that got you fat in the first place.

Do whatever you need to find the tactics which will make this time the last time you lose weight. Let's do this together!

Barbara

Thanks guys it is really nice to see I am not alone. Everyone I know pretty much does not have a weight battle like me so its good to see I am not the only one and inspiring to see the ones who have done it or doing really well. Will look into doing a diary :)

Good luck! We're all here for the same reason, Shed some lbs! :) helping each other along the way. No one knows my true weight either, apart from it written on here :) hope that'll motivate me to stick to weight watchers this time!

Back