Hi can i join please?

wessa

Hi everyone, after flirting with the idea of joining Slimming World i am actually going to go to my first meeting tommorrow lunch time. Now, i love my weekends and i just had a thought, but i need some advice. Can i work off my syns allowance weekly and count backwards instead of daily. In other words keep my syns really low weekdays and then use them on weekends? Will i still lose weight?

Hi and welcome.

You can either have up to 15 syns per day, which works out at 105 per week, or you can start with 105 and count downwards, so long as you stay within your syns allowance you should be fine. Whatever works for you basically.

Some people find that it works for them so you could try and see how you get on. I think it might also depend when your WI is - might not be great to have a big splurge at the weekend if your WI is on a monday. And I would still have at least 5 syns a day though.

I have only been doing the plan for 4 weeks, and every week have saved my syns up for the weekend, as I usually go out. My consultant at class said your not really supposed to do it, but Ive lost every week up to now, so works for me. You can only try it and see if it works for you too, Good luck !!

My weigh ins are on Thursdays so i might be ok, but i'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the advice peeps.

It works for some and not for others - the only way you'll know is if you experiment and see how it goes.

The old-school way of doing SW was to have 105 a week to use however you wanted, but to discourage binge-synning, SW changed it to 15 a day. Most of us here allow some flexibility though, but it's better to have at least 5 a day.

If you stick with plan 100% the rest of the time and then still don't have a loss then at least you'll know where you're going wrong. You may get away with it for a while, whilst you're new on the plan, but then have to change later if things start to slow down or plateau.

You can only try!

SW really does work (as long as you're honest about your syns and stick to the plan!) so I really hope you enjoy it and have lots of success.

Welcome :D

Back