hi every bod i need help

davyd

hi i just joined and need some help i drasticly need to loose weight and dont know where to start im 31 male and very over weight there are lotts of diets out there and was wondering what to choose as i said i need help thanx in advance dave:confused:

you need to do what you feel is going to work.. there are loads out there, take a look at all the different diets, and ask as many questions you can about each different one...
everyone is here to help...
Im doing Slim Fast, and im loving it... ive lost 8lb over 2 weeks, and ive not struggled at all... its been good for me to learn a few things about that i eat now and used to eat.... its been great, and i cant wait to get down to what i want to be....
Good luck in choosing what you wanna do!!!

Are you an instinctive eater? You need food, and cant live without chewing? Then dont do Cambridge, or Slim Fast.

Are you lazy in the kitchen? and dont want to be cooking from scratch? Dont do Slimming World.

Does your body bloat out when you have had too many carbs? Maybe the Atkins is good for you. Only you can decide Davyd :)

What do you eat now? How do you eat? With family? On own? Eat out? Cook? Out of packs?

dave i found slimming world v easy if you like convience foods like pasta potatoes rice meat and eggs these are "free foods" so unlimited quantities allowed so really never felt hungryx

yeah ive herd about slimming world and others but its just the going there not geard up towards men (not meaning to be disrespectfull)

Agreed Coraljen, I love slimming world. I know a few friends can't be doing with the preparing and cooking though, as they are not very good in the kitchen and v.lazy after a long days work. They choose shake diets for ease (Im trying a week of Cambridge this week to see how they do it)

You'd be surprised how many men go...especially to the lunch time meetings. The evening ones are usually like mothers meetings, lol :)

lol i can imagine ive always been big and guess my self confidence need a boost b4 i could do that and my spelling lol

i love my food, and this has been a real turn around for me. but i have very rarely felt hungry doing the 2 shakes and 3 snacks + evening meal.. ive been really strict with myself because this is what i want to do... you have to be the same... you have to really want it, and it doesnt matter what diet you are on, (as long as it suits your needs) it will work for you (well thats what i believe anyway...)
im not one for meetings (mainly the hours i work wont allow me to go) but im not keen on doing them, hence why i am on here (all the time) and im doing something where i can go at my own pace...
I have take away once a month, and i have a treat every now and then, so i dont feel deprived of what is in front of me....
just food for thought

its motivation i need it just seems like its always tomorrow but i know i need to change then i think well another day wont matter then its a month later and somthing triggers in your mind and you think s**t i need to do something but know i need to do this my health is suffering its just gradually built up and it needs to stop

god listen to me its strange when you write in something like this you never sound like yourself lol its a bloody support group i think i need

god listen to me its strange when you write in something like this you never sound like yourself lol its a bloody support group i think i need

hey if thats what it takes, thats what it takes!!! u'll do it if your mind is in the right place. Once that battles over, u can start thinking positive and enjoying the small feeling inside each goal/loss gives you. just know you have to get down, but dont worry too much about the route, as long as its down (catch me drift?) Have u seen what a pound of fat looks? One of them babies a week is 52 pounds a year off = 3.5 stone a year. 2lb a week = 7 stone a year. Thats MASSIVE LOSS!! and such a small target. Good luck hun...

You'll get there. Il always chinwag if u need a kick up the bum or just to chat to :)

lol thanx i feel positve i think talking to people who have the same struggle helps i think i like all this fourum malarky thanx for your comments and i hope youve got big boots lol

Brand spanking new biker boots, height of fashion and dont have to worry about them not fitting me calves!! lol

Nice chatting, add me as a pal and we'll catch up on here, see if you've made your diet decision. Oh I get told off for calling it a diet, coz that means a quick fix....its a lifestyle change.

Good luck in which ever one u decide, and remember, U can do slimming world postal if u dont want to attend class :)

Nighty night

yeah ive herd about slimming world and others but its just the going there not geard up towards men (not meaning to be disrespectfull)

Hi Davyd and welcome to minis, SW have alot of men that do go, and i find that the class i goto i'm the only one that stays for the whole class and the boost i get from speaking to all the other women that are going through the same things we are is an unbelievable experiance, they made me feel welcome straight away, and my consultant has been so helpful :)
There are many many different diets out there to try, i would read up on them before making your mind up,
Good Luck
Dan

Davyd, My husband is also overweight and doing Atkins which suits him and he loves. He is a big meat and fish eater and is losing weight really quickly on it. He says it is a diet he can maintain for ever if necessary whenever he gains weight.

Hi Davyd,

Here's another diet to ponder over "Go-Lower" is based on the caveman diet low carb, similar to Atkins. However they deliver the food to your door. www.golower.co.uk
Breakfast is granola, where you add yoghurt/milk and berries
Lunch is soup, where you can add cheese
Dinner can be chili con carne, curry, pork meatballs, etc. where you add your own green veg.
Snacks are nutbars, bacon crunchies (pork scratchings) and dark chocolate raspberries or brazil's.

You can snack on extra protein, Chicken, Tuna, Prawns or Cheese.
The lunches and dinners come in sachets you heat up in the microwave or empty into a saucepan to heat up.

My husband and I both have over 5 stone to lose each and although I am slowing down he is on for a stone a month, in 11 weeks he has lost 33lb's.

But like they say on this board all diets are different and you have to decide which one is for you, so hopefully others will tell you about their plans/lifestyle choices on this board.

thanks all for your replies i think i need to do some looking around and see what is actually out there i thaught i would ask on ere and get some first hand acounts of some diets but time to burn the midnight oil i think i thakyou for your input and kind offers of support they are apreciated its nice to have people to talk to who are striving to acheve the same as you i live in a very rural part of northumberland and not many people to talk to up here and the sheep dont answer back lol but i will keep posting and hopfully may make some new friends thanx again dave:wavey:

Back