Hi everyboby!!

Fairie Queen

Hi, I'm Fairie Queen.
I'm new to forums so please bear with me whilst I find my way around!
I'm starting back at a Slimming World group again on Monday. I stopped going in March after I was diagnosed with bowel cancer. I've had two surgeries this year to remove the tumour and reverse the ileostomy bag I had for 4 weeks. I'm having chemotherapy at the moment and think I'm ready to get back to losing more weight!
I lost a stone whilst I was going to group before my diagnosis.
The problem I may face is that I am ravenous ALL THE TIME which is due to my chemo medication. But if I do SW properly I should still be able to eat all the time and still lose weight! Hopefully!
Hope to hear from someone, anyone!
Look forward to mutual support!
Fairie Queen

:p

Hello Fairie Queen

Im sorry to hear about the stress you have been through etc....

Welcome to Mini.... Im sure you will do just fine with loosing weight... You said you lost a stone before your diagnosis, im pretty sure you can do it again!!!

Im new aswell but this place seems nice and friendly!!

Good luck with your weight loss x

Hi, I'm Fairie Queen.
I'm new to forums so please bear with me whilst I find my way around!
I'm starting back at a Slimming World group again on Monday. I stopped going in March after I was diagnosed with bowel cancer. I've had two surgeries this year to remove the tumour and reverse the ileostomy bag I had for 4 weeks. I'm having chemotherapy at the moment and think I'm ready to get back to losing more weight!
I lost a stone whilst I was going to group before my diagnosis.
The problem I may face is that I am ravenous ALL THE TIME which is due to my chemo medication. But if I do SW properly I should still be able to eat all the time and still lose weight! Hopefully!
Hope to hear from someone, anyone!
Look forward to mutual support!
Fairie Queen
:p

Hello and welcome to minis.My aunt was diagnosed with bowel cancer after collapsing 2 years ago,she had emergency surgery to remove the tumour which has blocked her bowel,she had a rupture and it had entered her blood stream, thankfully she was ok.she has a stoma for life now,and has recently been given the all clear. :)

she had the same problem while on chemo, it made her feel so hungry all the time.she has lost neary a stone doing sw, as she felt she could eat the free foods when she was hungry.

mins is a fabulous place for help,support and motivation, there is no other forum like it.we are all here for the same reason, and we help each other along. the diaries are a great idea,so have yourself a look at those. :)

wishing you well on your weight loss journey :wavey:

Thanks for the lovely welcomes from you all.
I'll have a look at the diaries, thanks for the advice.
How do you get the weight loss trackers, please?
Fairie Queen

Hi there Fairie Queen, I'm so sorry to hear of all the stresses and awful stuff you've been through recently, but I'm pleased to hear that you are on the road to recovery and slowly getting there :)

I'd like to say to you to please look after yourself and to keep yourself strong whilst you're having your treatment, don't let yourself get too weak. Wishing you all the luck. Lots of love xx

hello and :welcome: to the forums!
Good luck on your weight loss journey
Sharkbait1983 x

Thanks for the lovely welcomes from you all.
I'll have a look at the diaries, thanks for the advice.
How do you get the weight loss trackers, please?
Fairie Queen

Hiya, i recommend you have a quick peak at this..will help you set up your ticker, profile etc and explains a lot :D

xoxo

Back