Hi Everyone! DAY ONE S/S

Alfaasil

Hi all!

New to the forum, I hope to meet others on the cambridge diet and too gain that much needed motivation and support as well as give it. I saw my consultant on Saturday and she was great, she made me ten times more motivated than I already was. I had a hen do on Saturday which had been planned for a while so I decided to start on my sachets today.
Day one has gone well. I havnt been as tempted as I thought I might be, although morale is very high at the minute with it being my first day (slightly apprehensive about tomorrow). I had a banana milkshake for breakfast and a chocolate and mint one for lunch, they were delicious :) I had a chicken and mushroom soup for dinner, but found it was alittle powdery tasting, but it could be with my poor whisking skills.
I have also felt alittle dizzy and shakey but I was fully aware of this so I havnt been worrying over it too much, just got on with drinking my water.

I go on holiday late august so I am determined to look 'less' gross in a bikini!

Hope everyone is okay, I would love to hear what all you're favourite flavours of shakes,bars,porrige and soups are! :D

Hi there

I am new to CD also - starting tomorrow!!

Just had my 'last supper', I have a mixture of porridges, soups and shakes for the week, my first weigh in will be next Monday 11th!! bit scared but very excited to get started now and to start shedding the pounds!!

We can do it!!

Hello and welcome!! I'm on day 5 of SS and after the horrors if day one I seriously worried if I'd make it past the three day hump!! Don't worry about your headaches/ dizziness they should be gone by day three, have you got paracetomol and drinking enough water??! Mine went on day 2 (but I was so I'll day one, including vomiting up the shakes... My CDC said it could have been the mineral content I wasn't used to!)

I love all the soups I be tried so far! Im sure your whisking skills are fab, I find myself adding more water than it says on the packet simply because I lime it smoother or I'm greedy and want more of it wither way my CDC said it won't change the calorie content and it's down to taste! I couldn't get on with the porridges though, although I could stomach the apple and cinnamon one barely! I love the Choco mint one hot also!

Good luck on your journey! I already feel so much better and I'm not even a week in, ive got my first weigh in on wednesday! And reading posts about first week weigh ins I'm excited/ nervous to go!! Xx

Oooh let me know what the porridges are like. I didn't get any as I see my consultant on Friday and I never have time to mess around with breakfast in the week, but was thinking of getting two for the weekend.
I know, I am nervous for weigh in. I've heard everyones high loss rates for their first weeks but to be honest I will be happy to see just 1 lb off me (keeping expectations low lol). I know for me and dieting, the last I want is to feel de-motivated and the first week would put me in the good stead for the long haul I think. Its now usually my supper time, and starting to feel alittle hungry, but I just flicked to the CD Inspirational Photos and now I definatley am not tempted in the slightest. It really is a picker upper, especially in the daunting first few days.

It's good to have people starting at the same time as me, we can laugh at our loses, cry and our gains but most of all STICK TO IT AND BEAT THE FLAB! :)

Hey, I started last Friday and have round I only want food when I can smell it! Other than that I'm fine! I always look the the inspirational photos jus to keep me going, I need to lose 3 stone for a family wedding on aug 18th so I'm so Determined to do this, I read in my book that you can have sweeteners (the pill ones that have no calories) so when iv been hungry iv had a tea with no milk n a sweetner and iv been fine after, ATM I'm purely on ready make shakes, and I put them in the freezer for a while so there thicker, I want to try the soups as I'm fed up of having cold food all the time haha Ull have to let me know which are nice! Good luck Jess x

I find the vegetable, hot chilli oriental and even the potato and leek one is nice! Jessie have you tried any of the shakes hot? I find it's the smell of food as well!!!! Like tonight my family had fish and chips and literally the smell almost ruined everything! But I waited until they'd finished eating, looked at the food cold and thought I'm glad I didn't touch it as it looked gross all congealed and greasy! That's great news about the sweetener, definitely have to go buy some tomorrow! Xx

Hi, Im also on Day 1 of the diet and also have a holiday in about 8 weeks time that I want to lose 2 stone for! Today I had a toffee and walnut shake (cold) for brekkie, a spicy tomato soup for lunch and a choc n mint shake (hot) mid afternoon. I then had chicken and broccolli for my dinner. I havent enjoyed the products so far, although I didnt mind the choc mint shake hot. I have determination, I just hope I enjoy more of the products!!! Id be keen to have a buddy whilst doing this!!

shazzy_shaz said:
I find the vegetable, hot chilli oriental and even the potato and leek one is nice! Jessie have you tried any of the shakes hot? I find it's the smell of food as well!!!! Like tonight my family had fish and chips and literally the smell almost ruined everything! But I waited until they'd finished eating, looked at the food cold and thought I'm glad I didn't touch it as it looked gross all congealed and greasy! That's great news about the sweetener, definitely have to go buy some tomorrow! Xx

No I haven't even thought of doing them warm, tbh I don't know how I would heat it up? I'll try the microwave tomorrow! Good thinking batman! And yes my friend had noodles in front of me on my first day and it killed me ... Just the smell had me wanting them and she left half of them so I just said throw them in the bin quick hahaha I might buy some nose plugs haha :)

Go tinkerbell! the products will get better for you! Just stick with them! they made me sick on day 1 but now I don't know if it's because I'm used to the products or if my carb cravings have gone but whatever the reason I'm glad!!!

jessicajade121 said:
No I haven't even thought of doing them warm, tbh I don't know how I would heat it up? I'll try the microwave tomorrow! Good thinking batman! :)

Sharp heat them up, you use warm water! You cant pit them in the microwave or use super boiling water as it'll kill the minerals and nutrients! I've tried the chocolate ones hit and they're to die for! They taste just like normal hit chocolate!! Someone else has tried the vanilla one hot and added coffee to it to make a vanilla latte of sorts! And one even a strawberry hot... But dubious in that one though :D

shazzy_shaz said:
Sharp heat them up, you use warm water! You cant pit them in the microwave or use super boiling water as it'll kill the minerals and nutrients! I've tried the chocolate ones hit and they're to die for! They taste just like normal hit chocolate!! Someone else has tried the vanilla one hot and added coffee to it to make a vanilla latte of sorts! And one even a strawberry hot... But dubious in that one though :D

Ohhhh cool, I'm not sure hot to heat mine as there the ready made blocks unless I jus add more hot water? X

I can't think of any other way other than adding more hot water to them! Give it a go and see what happens! ;)

The pecan and walnut flavours sound devine but one problem.. I'm allergic to both of these nuts, however am i right in believing they dont actually contain nuts? just traces of peanuts, which im not allergic too, for some reason :/ nor am i allergic to almonds or hazlenuts.

Any opinions on the mousser? is it like a gadget that makes your shakes mousse? Can you freeze the sachet shakes or just the ready made ones? Sorry for all the Qu's :)

Alfaasil said:
Any opinions on the mousser? is it like a gadget that makes your shakes mousse? Can you freeze the sachet shakes or just the ready made ones? Sorry for all the Qu's :)

not actually heard of the before perhaps google it or look on the cambridge website, but it sounds intriguing! But I'm guessing it's like the shaker! Not sure about freezing the sachets as I just keep them in the fridge but I know they're stored at room temperature! I didn't even know you could freeze the ready ones!

On the pecan front I think it is only traces or fake as the calorie count would surely be higher if they were real but best check with your CDC to be on the safe side :)

Oooh let me know what the porridges are like. I didn't get any as I see my consultant on Friday and I never have time to mess around with breakfast in the week, but was thinking of getting two for the weekend.
I know, I am nervous for weigh in. I've heard everyones high loss rates for their first weeks but to be honest I will be happy to see just 1 lb off me (keeping expectations low lol). I know for me and dieting, the last I want is to feel de-motivated and the first week would put me in the good stead for the long haul I think. Its now usually my supper time, and starting to feel alittle hungry, but I just flicked to the CD Inspirational Photos and now I definatley am not tempted in the slightest. It really is a picker upper, especially in the daunting first few days.

It's good to have people starting at the same time as me, we can laugh at our loses, cry and our gains but most of all STICK TO IT AND BEAT THE FLAB! :)

Hi

Ok so I am on DAY 1 - I am 2 'meals' down, I started this morning with the Original Porridge - it was bad! :( But to be honest it was bearable - I do generally like Porridge (was eating 'normal' porridge up until I started this plan today) The CD Original Porridge wasn't very thick but there was enough and it was also sweeter than I thought it would be - I also have the Maple and Pecan Porridge so will try that one tomorrow! I have just had the Strawberry shake for Lunch - that was yummy!!! mmmm

When is your first weigh in? Good Luck!!!! :eek:

Day 2 has been harder than day one. I was at work today (yes I know its a bank holiday, my dad is a meanie) and all everyone seems to talk about is food and what take away they were having tonight! My mouth was watering. I nipped on the inspirational photos at lunch to give myself a little pick up and seemed to have got through the day and not died. Just having my banana shake for dinner, I gotta say I love the shakes, they are scrummy. My CDC said the original porridge wasnt as nice as the flavoured ones. I think I might go and swap a few tomorrow, I'm really not looking foward to having another chicken soup, didnt enjoy them, going to get the bf to change them whilst im at work tomorrow, may try the porridges.
Keep up the good work everyone!

Alfaasil said:
not looking foward to having another chicken soup, didnt enjoy them, going to get the bf to change them whilst im at work tomorrow, may try the porridges!

I find it's definitely the smell of the food which sends me over the edge! Last night my family had fish and chips and I sweat the smell of those chips alone I thought I was going to cave in right then and there! But somehow I managed to resist! Looking at the inspirational pictures and success stories really helps to keep you motivated!!

I've not tried the chicken soup yet but the vegetable ones pretty tasty! The original porridge really isnt great, definitely swap them if you can!!! Well done for making it through day 2!! It will get easier just stick with it! You can do it!

Thanks Shaz! :D

The chicken soup flavour was actually nice, but i could just feel the powderyness sticking in my throat... like i said... could be my poor mixing skills, do you use a blender?

Lol! I just use a whisk, have you tried adding more water to the soup as I always end up putting more water than it says on the packet!

Hi everyone! I've found that the best way to do the soups is to make them in a mug like you would a cup a soup. Instead of adding all the water at once though just add a bit to start and stir it up till it goes like a thick paste then slowly add more water and keep stirring. This seems to get rid of the lumps. :)

Back