Hi Everyone, I am new here!! Starting SW next Monday

sounds like we have pretty similar eating habits so let me know if you are still confused as i think i have my head round most of it now. now all i need to do is find the time to shop and cook and il be fine : ) x

Thanks BrinkleyDaizy :),
Ha ha that's the hardest to find time.
Well take care, chat soon!
A
Xx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

Hi Bridiegeorge,

Yeh goin ok so far, got my half stone award this wk. I'm so happy wit that :). Hope to b down another half stone by start of July as my friend is gettin married. I hav an awful lot to lose and it seems impossible but really want to try.
My brother is a fitness and health freak and he told me last Thursday that he is disgusted by me. Not the first time he said it but its so upsetting. He is my only brother and I hav no sisters so its only 2of us. So I really am tryin, he is expecting his first child end of September and really really hope to b down about 2stone in total before the christening.
So hard to keep motivated but its great that I found this page cos everyone so nice and supportive.

How are u gettin on?

A
Xx

You are doing really well, and as for your brother, why doesnt he help and encourage you instead of being well nasty, if my brother or sister said that to me i would be devastated.. lets hope his attitude changes, i have loads to lose and used to say i couldnt do it but this time and i dont know why, but i have truly decided it has to go, i want it gone as quick as possible but i realise it will take time(hopefully losing it will give me more time anyway) its a win win situation, the last 3 weeks have been awful for me gained 5 pound one week see im only human and give in to my demons.... but have lost it plus 2 since so back on track for now.. the problem is we have to live life and food is a big part of it. we can do it but it isnt easy i hope your brother realises that. well done on your weightloss every pound off counts one less to lose, good luck x

Thanks Bridiegeorge,
Yeh it really upset me :-( was just so hurtful. Its not like I don't know how big I am nor that I like my body.
I hav been quiet sick the past 2years, with gettin bacterial meningitis than only last yr having brain surgery to help rectify problems due to meningitis. So it hasn't been an easy road.
Hav put on 3stone or more I reckon :-(, lost any bit of confidence I had and still out of work :-(. Just thought he could hav been a little nicer about it :-(.

Bridie, u are still here and tryin and that is brilliant. We all hav days and weeks where we go off track but b proud of urself that u still here and continue to try.

We can help each other :)

A
Xx

Hi TryingToLose,
Thanks so much! Best of luck to you both. I am the same, so hard to believe that it works. But it does and if I can lose some weight, u both will do great. Its great that u both can keep each other motivated and support each other.
Best of luck on ur journey.
A
Xx

Hi Annabelle

I started SW around the same time as you and i know how you feel as sometimes i worry that I have so much to lose that it wont be achievable. Plus I missed WI last week as I was on holiday so I am scared i will have gained by Monday!

Well done on the half stone award - I got mine at last WI and it gives you such a confidence boost doesn't it?
Your brother sounds like a bit of a prat to be honest, but I wouldn't take it to heart - at least you re working on improving things, not many people can say that!

Let us know how you keep getting on x

Hi Kneehigh85,

Try not worry about WI next wk. We are all allowed to hav gains at some stage or another. The important thing is to get back on track and let ur group and people here motivate u. We can't help gains and u where on holidays so don't worry. Hope u had a nice holiday.

Congrats on ur half stone achievement, well done. Its so hard, but that little sticker does motivate u and keep things positive :).

Well I'm here anytime u want a chat :), best of luck on ur next WI just remember at some stage through our journey we will all hav a gain or two.

A
Xx

Thanks Annabelle

I am just trying to be positive and really good for the next few days so I can limit the amount I gain this week, then I will be back on it and really good as I wanted to loose a stone by 25 June 2012 (6lbs to go!).

P.S. I had a great holiday thanks - massively improved by beer and chips - haha!

Hey Claire,

Try not worry, you where on your holidays and that only happens once a year so don't be so hard on yourself :)

Good luck hun!

A
xx

Eeeee Annabelle - managed to lose 1lb last night so am super chuffed!!! 2 weeks to get 5lb off for my stone award is the next goal.

Well done on your losses so far x

Congrats Claire, thats brilliant!! Fair play to you :)
I too am hoping for my stone award my the 2nd of July :), have a friends wedding on the 7th, so thats my mini goal :)

You are doing great, keep up the good work!

A
XX

As everyone else said please dont feel embarassed, the hardest bit of the journey is making the first steps through the door but once you are there and if they are anything like my group you will be welcomed with open arms and you will look forward to going to group every week.
Its sounds like you have had a hard time of it and by joining us on here you have inherited a large 'family' lol.
I am still getting to grips with using this site but please dont feel alone we will all help you as much as we can to get you sorted for this wedding as we are all trying to do the same thing.
xxx

Aah thanks June.
Ur right the group are so so nice. Planning to go walking wit 2of them tomorrow :)
How are u gettin on?
Xx

Back