Hi everyone im new to this! please help

Hi everyone my names Gem and I have just started slimming world, today is my first day on the diet! :confused:

I have come over from weight watchers after loosing nearly 40 pounds, sadly the diet no longer seemed to work for me and the weight loss stopped!

I have recently become a little bit disheartend with weight loss due to being struck with bells palsy, im not sure if anyones heard of this i certainly hadnt before it affected me. But any way to cut i long story short I was put on steroids which caused me to gain half a stone in 2 weeks :sigh: also with being depressed I have been munching alot lol

I used to love walking/running and swimming and Iv not been able to do this either for the last month

anyways I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for a new member :) and a few words of encouragement ! :)

cherryblossomgirl said:
Hi everyone my names Gem and I have just started slimming world, today is my first day on the diet! :confused:

I have come over from weight watchers after loosing nearly 40 pounds, sadly the diet no longer seemed to work for me and the weight loss stopped!

I have recently become a little bit disheartend with weight loss due to being struck with bells palsy, im not sure if anyones heard of this i certainly hadnt before it affected me. But any way to cut i long story short I was put on steroids which caused me to gain half a stone in 2 weeks :sigh: also with being depressed I have been munching alot lol

I used to love walking/running and swimming and Iv not been able to do this either for the last month

anyways I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for a new member :) and a few words of encouragement ! :)

Hi. I don't really know much about bells but wanted to say hi and good luck. I'm sure you'll love the freedom of sw x

Eat some more then Hun. Go for super free if you can but the beauty of sw is you eat till you feel satisfied :) xxx

For snacks and things do you mean? I have a lot of fruits and muller light yoghurts tbh. Pineapple is one of my favourite fruits, but i'm loving frozen muller lights at the moment, and frozen banana slices and grapes.... i enjoy that they take me longer to eat lol.

Food wise i tend to have quite a variety as i find this is what keeps me interested. I look for ways to adapt our favourite meals - so last night was sweet and sour chicken with egg fried rice and chips... tonight will probably be pasta and veg as hubby is working tonight x

good luck cherryblossomgirl, just have faith in the diet, and stick to it, and you will lose weight, I think all diets work if you religously stick to them, but its the more realistic of them that your likely to stick to long term. I tend to have my A choice and B choice for breakfast, usually weetabix and 250mm semi skimmed milk, or 1x oatso simple original porridge, with the milk allowance, then mid morning couple of pieces of fruit. Then for lunch i have a mugshot and probably mullerlight, then have out evening meal which will be, a roast dinner, lots of veg etc, i use the syns on my gravy or a yorkshire pud, the potatoes and meat free etc, or i will have fish with potatoes and veg, or steak and chips, or a pasta dish or baked potato, my favourite ive got to say at the minute is lamb balti which i cook myself and comes in at 2 syns. good luck, sorry ive waffled on got lost with myself. :) xxx

good luck cherryblossomgirl, just have faith in the diet, and stick to it, and you will lose weight, I think all diets work if you religously stick to them, but its the more realistic of them that your likely to stick to long term. I tend to have my A choice and B choice for breakfast, usually weetabix and 250mm semi skimmed milk, or 1x oatso simple original porridge, with the milk allowance, then mid morning couple of pieces of fruit. Then for lunch i have a mugshot and probably mullerlight, then have out evening meal which will be, a roast dinner, lots of veg etc, i use the syns on my gravy or a yorkshire pud, the potatoes and meat free etc, or i will have fish with potatoes and veg, or steak and chips, or a pasta dish or baked potato, my favourite ive got to say at the minute is lamb balti which i cook myself and comes in at 2 syns. good luck, sorry ive waffled on got lost with myself. :) xxx

Thank you for your tips :) i got weighed for the first time last night and id lost 5 pounds! i hope next week can be as good:D

My mum has done WW for years and I've just started slimming world. She's getting very jealous of all the lovely food I'm making and can barely believe I'm on a diet! She has decided she is going to join me for a few weeks and see if it works better for her than WW has

My mum has done WW for years and I've just started slimming world. She's getting very jealous of all the lovely food I'm making and can barely believe I'm on a diet! She has decided she is going to join me for a few weeks and see if it works better for her than WW has

I lost alot of weight on wws but it stopped working for me, i think both diets are great i think sometimes you just need a change of diet

Back