Hi Everyone: I've got 2 stone to lose and not long to do it, any suggestions?

Tracyx

Silver Member
Hi Everyone :sign0144:,

My name is Tracy and i'm hoping you you guys might be able to recommend a good diet plan for me to try.

I'll try not to bore you with all the details but i have endless fertility problems and in the past i have tried every fertility treatment available but after 10yrs of trying i gave up. I joined weightwatchers and dropped 36lbs getting to my goal weight (BMI 24) in June 2009 and a few weeks later i found out i was pregnant "naturally" and went on to have my gorgeous son :D.

We have been trying to conceive again for the last 2yrs but sadly nothing has happened so we decided if we had no sign of being pregnant by 2012 we would go back for more fertility treatment but a little voice in the back of my head keeps telling me that we have been here before. In the past we tried every treatment available and they all failed but throughout them all my BMI was 29/30, but then as soon as i got my BMI down to 24/25 it all happened naturally, so was it just coinsidence or was me losing weight involved?

So to test the theory i want to get my BMI back to 25 so at least i know i tried everything but with Hashimoto's Thyroid Disease and 4st to lose thats easier said than done. Last year i went back to WW but sadly on the new PP system my weight loss is very slow at just 0.5-1lb a week, ok so far it has helped me to loss 2 stone but it has taken almost 2 years so with still another 2 stone to loss its time to try something new as we are hoping to go ahead with our next treatment in the next 3/6 months, so i need some suggestions?

I don't want to stay with WW as its time for a change and there is no point me going down the SW route as it is too much like the WW "simply filling plan" which didn't work for me. My dad has lost 5st in the past on W8 so i'm thinking it might be my best option to get the weight off asap .

With a young toddler in the house im thinking it would be silly to start my new diet 3 weeks before xmas with chocolate everywhere so i will be starting on the 2nd January, so im just going to be using the next 3wks to chose a plan and get as much information as i can from you guys so im ready to go.

I hope to hear from you all soon as you will all certainly be hearing from me :D.

Tracyx

Last edited:
Welcome, Tracy! :D I'm new to the site, too, so I'm just finding my way around here, myself. I don't have any good diet suggestions. I hope you find a good one that works for you. :)

Congratulations on TTC again soon. I pray you get your third baby with more ease than expected.

:heartpump:

Mandy

Hi Tracy i am new to this site and today have started exante (VLCD) , i too have Hashimotos and have researched LL & CD but realised Exante is the same but cheaper and gives u 100% RDA. I also had gastric band which helped me lose 6 stone, but after emptying my band last year and having the DREADED Hashimotos i am giving this i try. I also lost VERY slowly on SW !! So im taking food and choices out the equation and giving it my all. Good luck in your choices hun i will keep tabs to see how you do, its nice to have inspiration from people who are going through EXACTLY what you are.... :)

Have u tried slimming world, I haven't tried weight watchers but there's a few girls in my group that have done both and said the loss is faster with slimming world....the only other thing I could think of to help you lose is exercise like crazy,
And I know there's liquid diets out there but the whole point of u losing is so your healthy so I can't see them as much use to you
Good luck!

Hi Sillysta,

I know exactly what you mean about me wanting to stay healthy which is why I initially chose ww but with my thyroid issues the weight loss was just too slow, I stuck to the diet 100% and exercised for 1hr 3 days a week and still I lost no more than 0.5lb a week :(. The main issue with Hashimoto's disease is that it's easy to gain but hard to loss, my weight gain is due to overeating when i was pregnant but im normally not bad at maintaining my weight so my plan is to use a vlcd to loss the weight initially then switch to a healthy eating plan to maintain. I always said I would never ever do a vlcd but if it's the only way I can drop the weight to have another baby then I'll try it.

Tracyx

Hi Nicky,

Good Luck I really hope exante works for you as I know exactly how you are feeling as the Hashimoto's is a nightmare. My dad lost 5st on W8 so I'm hoping it will work for me too :)

I will be checking in on you to see how your doing, let's both get to goal in 2012!!

Tracyx

Back