Hi Everyone - Newbie - day 1!!

sally999

Hi there, Just wanted to say hello to everyone!! Have been reading the forum the past week and it looks fab, its great to be part of it.Today is my first day and I have to say I really like the CD packs that I have had so far. Butterscotch, Leek & Potato Soup and Chocolate Mint. Could anyone please tell me if you are allowed mix a mousse in the first week. Forgot to ask but got it anyway!! I made a Mousse with my Choc mint pack - yummy!!! :D I'm really hoping I can - I think I could live on those - no probs! lol

Hi Sally and welcome to the forum and CD. I love choc mint too!

I think that with the mix-a-mousse it's after either week 2 or 3. Best asking Curly - I think she's a big fan!!! If you want to know about tetras I can help lol, as that's all I have.

Anyway, well done on starting the diet, good luck and let us know how you get on x

Hi there Watergirl, Thanks for the reply. Hope I havent blown it on the first day!! lol I'll just have to stick to the shakes untill I find out for def. Do you know how long you can leave the tetras in the freezer before you have to eat them? Can I get them from the consultant and just put some in the freezer and eat them when ever? - many thanks

Hey, I doubt you've blown it so don't worry :)

With the tetras you can keep them in as long as you want. Some people like them rock hard as they take ages to eat and others prefer them soft.

Personally I think it's sacrilege to mess with them lol...they are perfect as they are! ;) Actually lots of people do the ice cream thing.

You can have the shakes hot or cold by the way in case you didn't know. Choc mint is gorgeous warm - it really makes your belly feel full and there's something comforting about sitting in front of the telly at night with a hot choc.

Ohh!! That hot choc mint sounds good! Its certainly working for you - you are doing so well! You must be so pleased. Its so motivating reading how well everybody is doing it really does help. Also while I am sitting here typing it stops me from eating!! lol... I am going to try a tetra tomorrow - I got a bit of everything to try to see what I like and what I dont, then next week I'll be able to sort of plan out what to get. Anyway thanks for getting back to me - much appreciated.

Hi Sally

Good luck with your loss. I'm just starting my 2nd week tomorrow. This diet is getting easier for me, as the day's go by. Stick with it and we will both see good results :)

Hi Sally, Im on about day 5. it is hard but like you, reading all the successes on this site really helps me. Have you tried the porridge? I really think it's brilliant and it seems to fill me up more than the shakes - prob psychological because i eat it as opposed to drink it.
Good luck anyway, you'll be amazed at your success. I'm down 7lbs already! Keep chatting. I know i need as many friends and support as i can get!

hi sally im now coming to the end of the 3rd day and i havent found it that bad i wasnt allowed to by mix a mousse yet but i cant wait to try it.i love the cheese and broccoli soup and the chocolate mint shake. i split all mine into 2 so instead of 3 i have 6 spread out through the day i find this much easier cos im not hungry.the chocolate mint shake is lovely hot.plus i get a bit of variety through the day because i can mix them about throughout the day i usually have a 1/2 hot shake first thing then a 1/2cold shake about 9(im up at 5) then about 11 i have 1/2 a soup and have the other half about 2,then have a 1/2cold shake at 5 and the other half hot at about 8.i find this helps me stay more focused and not tempted to pick(especially when i have to cook for my little boy)
anyway good luck with your weight loss keep me posted hun
whens your first weigh in? mines on monday cant wait.
xxx

Thanks evryone for replys just trying to find my way around the site at the minute. I took me 20 mins to work out how to post :confused:. Ah well seem to be getting there. Its great getting all the tips, that sounds like a really good idea splitting the shakes into 2. :D I'm usually up at about 6 with oscar doing his bottle, and with a very livley 3year old aswell and a 12 year old it can be a pretty hectic day!! Its difficult not picking at food with the kids around and even silly things like testing the temperature of oscars food at tea time is funny. Usually I have a wee bit to see if its o.k. but now I cant obviously - will have to resort to sticking my finger in it !! lol much to the dispair of my OH. Any way you are all doing so well cant wait for first weigh in in about 12 days as CDC is away - let me know how you all get on in your first weigh ins!! xx:)

Are you seeing Debz too? Good luck with your first week - you can do it! I know what you mean about tasting baby's food. I put my finger in her bowl to see if it's too hot, and then wipe my finger. I've noticed the last few days that my daughter has started to copy me - drinking loads of water - which is good for her.

Hi Sally I started yesterday aswell we've both got a similar amount to lose and both have a goal of 9st.

Have you got the porridge? I had that yesterday for my breakie and it was lovely, really filling. Might have it twice a day from now on to help with hunger.

Hi there Mumto4, Well how did you find the first day?:D
I just kept drinking loads of water. Had the porridge this morning - just couldnt eat it!! Just not my cup of tea but I do like the shakes I think I will try a Hot one later on. Hope you have a good day today:p

Back