Hi everyone

Katkay

Hi all!

I'm Cat. Newbie here (as I guess many of us are). I restarted at slimming world last Wednesday. Joined this forum as a way of keeping inspired throughout the week by keeping in touch with people in the same boat.

I have about three and a half stones to lose. I'm hoping to get most of the way if not all the way there before my big holiday in May.

I struggle with fitting the planning and cooking of healthy meals in between my work and social life so any tips anyone has for dieting while on the run would be fab!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

C

I know what you mean about finding the time! I am also getting back on the SW wagon and find that batch cooking & freezing, meal planning and the slow cooker are really helpful! Taking out a chunk of time to meal plan and batch cook saves me much more time in the long run - and helps me make "good" choices when I finish work.

Good luck

DickieC xx

Hi Cat, I'm Cat or CC or just plain crazy!

Anyway, hi and welcome. Not done SW so cant help there but there are loads on SW that will be only too willing to help. Pop along to the SW section and give them a hi. As for planning and cooking healthy meals while on the run, casseroles spring to mind. Anything that can be bunged in together, lidded and left in a slow cooker to be honest.

Curries, they dont have to be fattening, I make a chicken balti start to served in about 25 minutes and its pretty low cal, not sure how you would sin/point it but chicken breast, onion, mushrooms and a tin of tomatoes. (plus loads of different herbs and spices!) I will have mine with either a slice of brown bread or half and half brown and white rice (really not keen on brown but can tolerate 50/50 mix)

There are loads of things, have a look in the recipes in the SW section for ideas, I'm forever popping in everyones recipe sections for ideas.

Good luck

CC

Thanks guys! Both great suggestions. I have a pretty free Sunday this weekend and am going to be cooking up a storm. The only difficulty will be deciding which recipes to try!

C

Back