Hi everyone!!

I'm new to this forum and I think I have finally found the place for me. I am looking at losing weight without having to spend money on plans and milkshakes!

My plan is this:

• Stop eating 'bad food' - processed or frozen convience food (like chips, onion rings)
  • Stop eating at Wetherspoons (the bf works there so we get cheap food)
  • Reduce carbs; like bread, pasta
  • Eat smaller portions
  • No more sweetener in my tea
And replace all that with things that I do love eating:

• Raw fruit and veg
  • Meat (cooked or cold, not processed or fried!)
  • Salad
  • Soup
  • Stir frys
The trouble is, since meeting and dating my partner (of 2.5 years), we have both gained weight. Since meeting him, I have eaten more, enjoyed food more and eated MUCH more take-aways (curry and pizza). Before him, I was too scared to go into shops and buy take-aways or bad foods!

I can't wait to read some of the threads on here :)

Oh, and I am a 23 year old female, I currently work as a supply nursery assistan in Gloucestershire while I finish my BA degree.

Ideally, I would love to lose 6 stone to be in the 'healthy' weight range again, I know this will take time, but I am doing exercise too :)

Welcome! Your just over the border from me - Herefordian here.

Good luck with your efforts, this is a fantastic site for support - all you could need and when you need it.

=)

Hi!
Welcome! I wish you the very best of luck. It sounds like you are going to be eating some really healthy food so you can't fail. It's better that it takes time to lose the weight because you won't feel like it's a quick fix and start eating badly when you've lost the weight. Looking forward to reading all about it!

Just a little note to say hi and welcome to the board. It sounds like you have made all the right choices and are going about it in a sensible way which is great; I'm one of those who learned quick fixes never last ;)

Looking forward to chatting to you and welcome again.

Sarah
X

Back