Hi everyone

podrikk

HI my names pod. From county durham uk.! I'm 28, just over 6ft tall. A year ago I was nearly 17 stones at my heaviest and I managed to get down to 14 in about 4-5 months.
Due to work commitments in the summer I had no time to workout at the gym and I'm back up to nearly 15 stone.
I have been going to the gym for about 1 months now. started eating healthy again, and I hav done the same workouts as last year but can't seem to move any more weight. So im trying other workouts to see if thats gonna work,

I'm getting an old man and this will probablys be my last chance to do it. So I'm open to any ideas if you may have any, it's not just weight loss I wanna achieve , I'd like to build lean muscle too, I try to eat high protein foods and try to stay away from carbs, wether that's the way to do it or not, I don't know!!

Hopefully you guys on here can lead me on the right path. Good luck everyone with your goals. Hope to hear from some of you soon, cya

Didn't want to just read and run, can't really offer any advice as just getting started myself but wanted to say good luck and hope you achieve your goals :)

Hi pod!

Welcome to the forum and good luck!

From what I've read so far the best way to build lean muscle and lose fat is through a combination of weight training (especially high impact circuits that keep your heart rate high) and interval training. In terms of food, high protein is good! Make sure you get plenty of "good" oils too (oily fish, olive oil, linseed, almonds) but try to stick to wholemeal carbohydrate. Don't cut carbs out completely or you'll have no energy.

Hope this helps, but I'm no personal trainer or anything! This is just the way i've cut down my fat and built muscle over the last few months.

Snakes x

Back