Hi everyone!!

Hi everyone!!

I joined SW on 31/01/12, and was shocked that I weighed 25st 10 1/2lbs, but I didn't take it to heart as I know that I would lose that weight!

I'm finding this diet very easy to follow! I was cheeky in my second week though.. I had a night off as I had a meal to see what the food was like at the place where I'm having my wedding reception. But with plenty Superfree foods I still lost 6 1/2lbs!

I know I am only three weeks into the diet and 13 1/2lb lighter, but I can't half tell how it's been advantageous on my back. Before, I couldn't walk 100metres without my back and hips hurting like hell. Two days ago I was out in Liverpool for a charity night and walked from one side of Liverpool Centre to the other.. and it didn't hurt!!

I start my new job in a few weeks as a Theatre Nurse, so I'm hoping the extra walking and exercise will help to shift an extra one or two pounds!! I'm worried that everyone will see me as "the fat one" but I'll sure show them once the weight goes :)

I would love to get to know some people on here and gain a few buddy's to go on this journey together.

Hey welcome to minimins!
Im on SW too and i love it! Im quite new myself, im on my 6th week amd iv already lost 1stone 10 pounds!
I find that eatting plenty of super free and super speed after havon a night out gives me good weight losses as uv found too!
Its a great feeling when you can see/feel a difference in ur self after loosing weight, i havmt had that yet though, hoping it will happen soon!
Were is your new job? im a student ODP at the royal liverpool!
X

Hi! I start at Wigan, which is ideal because I did my training there. How are you finding being a student ODP? I really can't wait to start, it's what I've dreamed of doing for years! x

Hello there and welcome aboard, well done on the loss so far and good luck with the rest.

Hi! I start at Wigan, which is ideal because I did my training there. How are you finding being a student ODP? I really can't wait to start, it's what I've dreamed of doing for years! x

Ooo very good! You must be excited! How long have you been qualified for? Have you had any theatre experience? I love it! Im only in my first year but its great so far! x

I've been qualified since September! I just had my occy health appointment, so hopefully should be starting soon :) I did a placement in Theatre for 10 weeks, a mix of Recovery and Scrub, absolutely loved it. Had a fab team there.

Yea I love theatres I think its so interesting. And dont worry about being the "big" one and fitting in. I had the same worries when starting mine but everyone is lovely and the ones who arent are probly slagin you off behind your back so you wont know anything about it! lol.

I dont know what scrub sizes are in your theatres but in ours they go by like a coloured ribbon on the neck and on the pants. I think im the biggest size, a size "red" (theres a lady in our theatres and she looks much bigger than me so I think she may have tailor made scrubs) and I absolutly hate it. I think that might be an XXL and then the next size is a size "orange" (XL) so I cannot wait to be more normal and fitting into them! (Quite a few people wear orange sizes). Started noticing my scrubs becoming looser as well so hopefully it wont be too long! They dont really stock many red scrubs, they all seem to be gone and then I have nothing to wear so I have to get one of the porters to give me a weekly supply of them and I take them home sometimes because sometimes I can never find the porter so I have to squeese into an orange size! Its a nightmare!
x

Oh god Scrubs! On my very first day on placement I was told to have the day off as a study day because none fit me. They were from size S-XL, and our XL is mostly worn by people in a small size, but they were really nice about it so I didn't feel too bad.The recovery sister is a big lady so she was very sympathetic. I came in the next day and I had 3 pairs there that fit me. Back then I took a 3XL (Green), been meaning to phone up and order a bigger size, but I bought some scrubs off the internet the other day in size 5XL just so I have something to wear on my first day, they came yesterday and are massive lol so I have to take them in a little bit.

Oh god Scrubs! On my very first day on placement I was told to have the day off as a study day because none fit me. They were from size S-XL, and our XL is mostly worn by people in a small size, but they were really nice about it so I didn't feel too bad.The recovery sister is a big lady so she was very sympathetic. I came in the next day and I had 3 pairs there that fit me. Back then I took a 3XL (Green), been meaning to phone up and order a bigger size, but I bought some scrubs off the internet the other day in size 5XL just so I have something to wear on my first day, they came yesterday and are massive lol so I have to take them in a little bit.

Oh well thats silly! Surely there are bigger people in surgery! Oh and im not a XXL im an XXXL! Found out today lol.

They will be good to go by when youve lost all your weight! They can be one of the last clothes you buy in the size you are now!
x

Back