Hi everyone

Hi all,

Newbie here *waves to everyone!* Been lurking around for a while now but decided to take the plunge!

I have a lot of weight to lose and have been following Slimming World since January this year along with my husband. I've lost nearly 7 and a half stone so far but I'm only half way there. Such a long slog of a journey (why is it so much quicker to put weight on than it is to lose it!??? Grrrrr!)

My husband only has another 1 and a half stone or so to go until he's at target, he will have have lost 10 stone in total by then, so I'm feeling a little bit vulnerable that I'll be left to follow the plan my own at that point (despite the fact he promises that won't be the case).

Anyways, I hope you'll welcome me and give some encouragement so I don't fall off the wagon because I've come too far to fail now! And I'll of course reciprocate :)

Lucy xx

Hello *waves!* Welcome, I'm a newbie too!
You've done so well so far, looks like you've lost an incredible amount of weight, I think you've given yourself the best encouragement you could possibly get by getting as far as you have, there's no better feeling than getting closer to your goal! Just think, if you have an occasional slip-up (which most people will!) then get straight back on instead of giving up.

Remember what you've said - it's easier to put it on than it is to lose it, which might seem like a pain in the derriere, but it'll feel so much better losing it because you worked your socks off!

Good luck!
XxX

Aww thank you so much for your kind words Llamasoks. It has been a hell of a year I have to say, so much has changed. Biggest problem (and most expensive!) has been having to buy new clothes every few weeks, nice problem to have though :) and great that I can buy from "normal" shops now!

How are you finding SW? You've done really well so far in such a short space of time! Have you joined a club or are you doing it alone?

Following the plan has totally changed my outlook on dieting, before joining SW I wouldn't think twice about eating a whole tub of icecream in one sitting or scoffing a load of chocolate! But now if I have a bad day and fall off, as much as I enjoy it at the time, the next day I feel so awfully guilty and disappointed in myself that I gave in to temptation. In the past when I've done diets, that has never really bothered me as much, and I'd just carry on being bad to the point where I'd give up trying all together. The guilt and disappointment I feel now I suppose is a good thing, because it makes me recognise that I'm doing the right thing which encourages me to get back on track and that in turn makes me feel so much better about myself. Hope that makes sense?!

xx

Hi Lucy, Welcome to the forum.
Well done on your weight loss so far .. that is very impressive!
Try not to beat yourself up when you have those blips.. happens to even the best of us.. as long as you get back to it pronto it's not going to have any long lasting effect.
Doing this along with your husband is a nice support but on the other hand as men tend to lose the weight very much quicker than us females it can have it's draw backs too. Keep going.. you will get there .. and pat yourself on the back for what you have achieved so far..
huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Onwards and Downwards!

Hi Lucy, I'm a newbie here too. First of all congratulations on your incredible loss so far. Your in the zone! From what I have read here the last few days there is a really good support system so I'm sure we can all help each other.Dont feel alone x Best of luck to you! :)

Aww thank you so much for your kind words Llamasoks. It has been a hell of a year I have to say, so much has changed. Biggest problem (and most expensive!) has been having to buy new clothes every few weeks, nice problem to have though :) and great that I can buy from "normal" shops now!

How are you finding SW? You've done really well so far in such a short space of time! Have you joined a club or are you doing it alone?

Following the plan has totally changed my outlook on dieting, before joining SW I wouldn't think twice about eating a whole tub of icecream in one sitting or scoffing a load of chocolate! But now if I have a bad day and fall off, as much as I enjoy it at the time, the next day I feel so awfully guilty and disappointed in myself that I gave in to temptation. In the past when I've done diets, that has never really bothered me as much, and I'd just carry on being bad to the point where I'd give up trying all together. The guilt and disappointment I feel now I suppose is a good thing, because it makes me recognise that I'm doing the right thing which encourages me to get back on track and that in turn makes me feel so much better about myself. Hope that makes sense?!

xx

Fortunately for me, I've been all different sizes in the last 2 or 3 years, so I've got some skinny day clothes tucked away! Though I will be splurging when I've gotten to target!

Mostly I'm finding it really great, it helps that I'm never hungry and most foods I enjoyed before I can still have with a few tweaks (minus a few of course!), so hardly feel like I'm missing out, plus there's a bit of wiggle room if you've got friends round and really fancy a slice of pizza, I just limit my Syns the next day :) I'm not doing group, because the group near me is hosted in my old primary school...and I find that very weird!

I'm the exact same, I look back even a few weeks and think "Did i really eat that whole tub of Pringles in one sitting?!" because they were delicious, but now without thinking I go "Oh, that's s many syns!"

The most common advice you hear is if you have an off day, just carry on the next on plan and you'll be fine, but that was always where I struggled, If I'd had a takeaway, I'd want another one a few days later. But you've got to try and make yourself something you really fancy eating that's plan friendly!

XxX

Back