Hi everyone

LiftSis

Hello 👋
I'd like to introduce myself, if that's okay! My name is Nina, I'm 32 (until Wednesday!) a mother of two living in Ireland with my husband and five year old girl and two year old boy.

After having my daughter I lost the baby weight really quickly but not with my little boy! He was actually very sick when he was born and it took until he turned two that I decided 'Right! I'm not comfortable carrying around all this extra weight so it's time to get serious about getting healthy.'

I started early May with my current exercise /eating plan, I'm currently 13 weeks in. I started at 86.8kg and I'm now down to... (drum roll please!😁) 86.7kg!! Wow, right?! Practically nothing! Thing is, my exercise plan involves a lot of heavy lifting - hence my username so apparently I'm losing fat and gaining muscle. (You can't see any muscle yet, I've still quite a lot of fat to lose first!)

So it can be a bit of a headmelt to work really hard and feel like you're not getting anywhere when the scales doesn't budge (or goes up!) but fortunately my husband /personal trainer convinced me to take pictures and use those to gauge my progress. It's also hard to set a 'target weight' because pre-babies I was roughly ten stone but I'm almost definitely going to end up heavier after doing weights. My 'target weight' is whatever I weigh when I get my body fat down to a healthy percentage.

So that's my story, sorry for the length! See you all on the boards! 😁

Nice to meet you Nina!! Good luck with your journey!! Iv just came off a two week hol so starting tomorrow!! Xx

Welcome, you two!

Back