Hi everyone

Ll2019

Thanks for having me!
I've been doing SW for 3 days and I love it! I'm still at the stage where I think I'm eating far too much and far too well to be losing weight but I'll stick at it. I'm using the free online 7 day menus at the moment until I commit to a group/online membership.
i think I have about 1.5 stone to lose...I was 9.5 before having twins, lost the 5.5 stone (I know 😬) I put on fairly easily but hovered at 10/11 after and they were weaned and I started eating 2 X leftovers.
to get to the point, I'm scared to weigh myself as i think it will make me despondent - any tips?
Thank you!

Welcome LI2019:classic_smile:

Congratulations on your twins!

Great to hear that you are getting on well with SW.

Start a food diary to keep you focused and on track...it also gives a place for members to drop by and say hello.:classic_smile:

If you need any help please ask.

Thank you! I will do 😀. And congratulations on your loss!
Thank you:classic_smile:

I’m really struggling to stay in the 15st bracket...I’ve been kicking the same couple of pounds around for ages, I think 🤔 it’s time for them to leave for good:classic_tongue:.

Hi! I joined slimming world in june 2017. Fell pregnant and became a target member at 13 weeks pregnant. I then slipped away from slimming world as my pregnancy developed. My son was born early and had so much to focus on with him and didn't follow the diet. My son is now 5 months and I started to follow the plan again last week (not attending meetings). I needed my head in the right space! Im focused now! How old are your twins?

Hi! My twins are 3.5 so no excuse really! The annoying thing is, I weighed less in the year after they were born than I do now! Now I'm doing SW, I realise just how much of their leftovers I hoovered up every day !

Have you joined online yet? I'm using the free weekly menu this week, I might join officially when I pluck up the courage to weigh myself...

How is your son getting on?

My son is doing well thanks, I think I forgot how hard having a newborn is as my other 2 children are 5 and 7.

No I haven't join online. I'm planning on rejoining in September when the my other 2 kids go back to school. It's much cheaper to attend the meeting, though I only occasionally stay for the actual meeting. It's only £10 or something for the first meeting and you'll get all the info and book about slimming world which is invaluable. After that it's £5 a week. Something about someone else checking my weight helps me stay focus. Also your leader will ask you to do a food diary for the first four weeks and give you input which is very helpful I thought.

I know how you feel about weighing yourself, I couldn't do it either, but once I did it wasn't that bad. Also this sounds dumb but take heaps of photos of yourself now then you'll see how far you came, I still can't do this as I hate how I look now!!!

Back