Hi Everyone!

Dawna77

My story is that I gained a fair bit of weight during my second pregnancy (twins lol) and although there were a few down moments about my size, I really still felt attractive and didn't let it get me down too much as I wasn't really 'flabby' with it.
However, I stopped smoking in January of this year and while I'm really proud of myself and know that I won't ever smoke again, the inevitable weight gain happened and before I knew it, I was staring in mirror at an unrecognisable version of myself :cry:
I have gained around 40 pounds in three months and that takes me to my current weight of 238 pounds. :eek:

I'm not ashamed to say that I completely broke down and sobbed like a big ol' baby - and once I got that out of my system, realised that it had stirred up a great feeling of determination ... and I thought I'd see if there was anyone out there feeling the way I did and I found this place!..and that is where I'm stuck at lol.

I have masses of energy and determination but really have no idea where to start - Which diet do I do? Do I pick a diet at all? Should I just go down the low cal option? Eek! Some advice on diet would be great, I'm already pretty active with walking, cycling, exercise DVD's (not quite ready to face the public arena that is the local gym! lol) etc

Anyway, my apologies for such a lengthy intro, any help and advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Hi dawn and welcome to minimins. I'd take a wander round the threads and see which plan is sustainable for you love.

94 days quit smoking for me, It's not so bad now but the early weeks were hell!

Hi Dawna,
I can sympathise - giving up smoking and having children has been what's caused me to end up this size (well, that and quite a few bars of chocolate! ;) )
I am the same as you, determined to do it this time! I've done Weight Watchers in the past, so I know the way the points system works, and whilst I'm not keen on going to classes, I have decided to do the monthly pass thing (£17 a month) because that way I have the online stuff, plus if I don't stick to my diet I'm going to force myself to go to a meeting! I find WW pretty easy to stick to, unlike Slimming World which I just can't get the hang of!

Hi and welcome. What sort of diet are you after - a VLCD or a class like WW or SW or just calorie counting and more exercise?

Irene xx

Good luck, Dawna! :)

There are plenty of diets mentioned on this site. If you spend a little bit of time reading the forums, I'm sure you will find a diet that will fit in with your lifestyle and desired speed of weight loss.

:thankyou: Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the warm welcome!

I totally see where you're coming from Marshmallow, unfortunately I found converting values into points a nightmare (numbers were never my speciality lol) although I did find that I was more likely to stick to the plan if I knew I was going to have to be accountable at meetings..in public :eek: I think it's nice to be surrounded by people who know exactly what you're going through and can offer tips or recipes etc... even if those people are 'only' online lol.

I don't think VLCD's are for me, I enjoy food too much to know that it's not a viable option for me personally.
I'm looking into several ideas at the moment and will make a good, informed choice on the matter in due course.

Thanks again for your kind words and best wishes everyone, it really spurs me on! :)

Back