Hi - first time here

IanH

Silver Member
Hi folks,

First time to this site - so thought I'd better introduce myself.

I'm Ian, 36yo, living in Warwickshire and a Slimming World addict having since December 2008 lost just over 13.5stone.

I started after seeing a very unflattering picture of me taken in August 2008 at my brother's wedding, and then subsequently being asked to be an usher at my other brother's wedding in August 2009. I wasn't about to ruin another set of wedding photos.

I lost 8st before brother's wedding and a further 5.5stone since - and enjoying every moment of it.

And to celebrate - i'm going to be throwing myself out of a plane in July (gotta be mad).

welcome and congratulations on the current weight loss

oh wow thats an amazing amount to lose! well done.

not sure i could throw myself out of a plane though x

Thanks all...

Ria - never am i... :) but got to be done now.

Irene - I can't say how much it's improved my life - except i'm now living and not merely existing. Occassionally have to do something a little "crazy" to remind myself just how much life has changed.

The parachute jump is one of those things (ok, not a "little" crazy but a WHOLE lot crazy it has to be said). Plus it'll be a memory that'll be with me my whole life and a reminder of how much difference the weight makes - having been overweight since being a teenager - i would have never had oppurtunity to do this till now. The jump was meant to celebrate getting down to weighing 15stone (as that's the maximum weight for a tandem parachute jump) - but illness at the time prevented it from happening.

way-hey! looking dashing xxx

Back