hi from a recovered anorexic

izzywizz

Hey everyone, I've signed up to minimins because I'm gonna need LOADS of help with this.

I used to suffer from Anorexia. At my lowest, I weighed 7st 4lbs and thats at 5ft 10 inches, giving me a BMI of just 14. I won't go in to details, as its long and pretty boring. Needless to say, I recovered about 2 years ago, but I totally lost control of my eating habits and my weight had ballooned to 14st 3lbs!!! :cry:

After speaking to my Dr and my therapist, we decided that weight watchers may be helpful for me. The control thing but with "rules" made up by someone else, rather than my own head which would be risky with my past.

I'm doing great! I've lost 9lbs in two weeks! I feel amazing, but i'm struggling with "normal" dieting, theres still a voice in my head telling me that I can't eat a bowl of pasta, even if it does have 3 points, because its STILL PASTA, which Ana convinced me was THE DEVIL.

LOL, anyway, I guess I just want to make myself known to everyone, and to say that I'd love lots of support, so if you pass a thread I've started or my food diary, don't be shy about popping in and saying "Hi" And please be patient with me, Some things are scary to me and I'm still getting used to this "dieting" thing without starving myself. It doesn't feel comfy just yet, I hope it will soon enough.

Thanks for reading,

Bella xx

Welcome to Minimins :) there's a great WW section where you'll get loads of support and help x

Back