Hi from an ex-CD'er

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Hi everyone, some may know me already from the CD forum.

Anyway,I have done CD quite successfully 3 times in the past and always put the weight back on. In fact, this time round I have put half a pound more on than what I started with on CD the last time. I am currently 13st 7lb and, as usual, my goal is 10st 7lb.

I like CD, I enjoy the flavours of the shakes, soups, bars and tetras, as it works - however, it is so expensive I just cannot justify spending £42 per week on 'food' just for me. Thankfully, I have discovered Exante.

Reading the forum it seems to be just as successful as CD so I have bought a months supply. I bought the mixed bumper pack so I can try everything so going to start tomorrow.

The thing is, I've still got 2 weeks worth of CD in the house and I don't intend to waste it. I've got 6 tetras soon to run out of date which I will need to use up this week. Do you think it would be ok to have one or two a day and have the other as an Exante? I personally can't see the difference, but hey, I am new to this, one of you may know different to me.

Anyway, I don't intend to weigh myself every week. I plan on just doing it every month. I go on holiday on 7th March and would loooovveee to loose as much as possible before then - about 2 stone if at all possible. However, I am a very slow loser.

Well, going to finish this glass of wine and going to go to bed ready for tomorrow. Starting at the gym again tomorrow night - not sure if I am looking forward to that or not.

Looking forward to getting to know you and sharing our stories and advice.

Mia x

Hiya, I'm an ex CD'er too. No idea about the mixing but I imagine it would be ok considering they are roughly the same thing. Good luck xx

Welcome Mia I don't think there should be a problem with using your CD stuff up along with using Exante but I'm sure someone will put me right if that is wrong. I hope you do really well on Exante and the support on this forum is amazing. Good luck xx

Hiya, I'm an ex-cd'er too! I can't see that there would be a problem using it, be a shame to waste them.

I only started today so good luck to you! Xxx

Hi Mia,
I'm also starting tomorrow,have 3 weeks supply of cd i want to use up then switching to exante (for cost reasons mainly)
I hope exante tastes as good as cambridge,some in here like it others dont...
Anyway good luck wth the wt. loss:D
jen

Thanks for the replies girls. Yes Jenifer121, cost is the reason I am switching too. I like CD products but honestly £170 per month is just way too much for me. At the end of the day if Exante does the same at just under half the price it will do for me.

Good luck everyone :)

I mixed the cd packs I had left with exante stuff and had no problems.

Hello Mia and welcome, there are quite a few ex-cd's on here me being one also :D I too feel that it would be fine for you to use up your left over shakes.

Good luck for today, keep posting hunni x x

Hey Mia , good to see you posting !
I'm also on my restart , got to get the ticker sorted thats when it becomes to hit home how much i have gained . Will be doing a mix of VLCD .
I'm sure mixing will be fine , its the loses at the end of the week that count . good luck girl xx

Thanks shanny

Hi jackie and yep good to see u posting Mia ladies we will shrink together.

Jackie love your ticker xx

lets all get melting:rolleyes:

Good luck Mia, on day two today after being on every diet known to man and I am going to crack this one!! Tasha x

Thanks again girlies.

Shanny was going to text you today to let you know I was back :)
Jackie I e-mailed you last night so I know you know :)

Also, can I thank those who gave me rep points too, no names were left so I don't know who you are!

Well, day one and I am half a glass of water down haha. One of the things I don't like about this diet is the water I need to consume, I've always struggled with it. Don't know if it's psychological but I've got a headache already. Going to have 2 CD tetras today and an Exante tonight. Tetra's dont really fill me up to be honest but I need to get shot of them as soon as so I'm having them. Well, good luck to everyone, especially those just staring those dreaded first 3/4 days - fingers crossed.

yes picked up your email this morning .... i know you will give it your all ! yes i remember you saying you had trouble with water , i drink to much coffee , must cut down . hope you don't get to cold on vlcd , no pain no game is the saying , its pain alright lol

I mixed old LL packs with Exante when I started and it was fine. I would just check the calories on each, as LL were about 125 whereas Exante are more like 200. I think CD are more like LL - just need to make sure you eat enough.

Welcome & Good luck :)

Yeah was wondering about the calorie difference. Maybe I am wrong but isn't Exante about 180+ cals more per day than CD? Does this make a difference to weight loss? Has anyone any experience? Will the extra 180 cals be a bit like being on CD SS+? I never went on SS+ because I was scared incase I didn't lose enough weight so I suppose that's a thing for me to consider on Exante. Ohhhh I hope it works for me.

Back